Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
Right, but this is in retaliation for armed rebellion. Again, maybe cynical, but the state using disproportionate violence to stamp out a terrorist movement or to scare other states into compliance is pretty much business as usual as far as politics goes. I could come up with dozens of examples off the top of my head, but board rules and all.

What we don't see is whether or not the rebellion was justified in the first place. We never see how fascism and oppression affect the common man. All we have are statements from the D+ shows about how life was better under the Empire and how they kept the various criminal syndicates and alien invaders at bay.

To me, personally, blowing up a planet is utterly abhorrent. But then again, I don't doubt the republic wouldn't have done the same. I mean, they had no problem destroying Ilum to stop the First Order (although I fully admit that they chain of cause and effect between "destroy a planet to prevent future violence" was a lot stronger for Ilum than Alderan.
Wow. Okay. Well your viewpoint is so completely bizarre and incomprehensible to me that I'm going to go ahead and choose to disengage. Suffice to say, I'm incapable of seeing where you are coming from and glad of it.