Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
That’s the point. WB was going to make a morpheus prequel and the only way to stop it was Lana came back and brought back half of the original cast. Then 1/2 of the movie is a love story, pure euphoric sentiment (which not everyone will enjoy I recognize, when people cheer at a football game that too is euphoria but not everyone is going to have at football)

and the other half is saying I hated I had to do this, in order to defend something I made but that is capitalism for you. Literally in the video game office there is an easter egg of the matrix squid, and behind it to the left hand side is a prop object giving the middle finger and next to the middle finger is Batman (aka one of the WB mascots). In another place one of the heroes is doing kung fu trying to escape from people with guns and they fall down a building and it is full of lightbulbs and sparks on a sign, and the sign says “for those who love to eat ****” and then an arrow pointing to inside (a reference to the theater.)
Saying "yeah, my movie sucks, but it's the fault of studios/audiences/capitalism" doesn't make your movie any better. In fact it makes it worse, since you're basically admitting that you know it's bad and you don't care. Yes, when you're making a piece of art, you have to take into account market forces and what the audience wants – no ****, Sherlock, this is something artists have been dealing since forever! But if you're worth anything as an artist, you'll still do the best job that you can anyway. This sort of passive-aggressive "okay, you're paying me a ton of money so I'm going to do it, but I'm going to do it really badly" attitude is the kind of thing you expect from teenagers.