View Single Post

Thread: They're making a Matrix 5.

1. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: They're making a Matrix 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    That said, at the time, I remember finding Reloaded pretty unsatisfying, and a big part of that is, as Tyndmyr says, that the actual structure of the movie is pretty bad. The worldbuilding is good, the conversation is good, but it just doesn't go anywhere – the big goal of getting to the Source ends up being largely an anticlimax. Looked back at as a whole, as part of the Matrix setting, it's fine, but as an individual movie, it doesn't work very well.
    Reloaded was so close to being a good movie it's tragic, but the moment they get to the Architect it just slams to a total halt and loses all momentum. I think of the whole Matrix Trillogy the same way I think of the Star Wars prequels really. It's absolutely the story it's creators wanted to tell warts and all and that feels right even when it's terribly flawed.

Resurrections was the movie the Wachowski sisters never wanted to make and literally screamed that as loudly as it could while ripping apart the idea anyone would ever want to make it and demanding nothing ever be made after it. Terrible as it was I respect that. The idea of a Matrix franchise without them just sounds meaningless. I hope, just for it's own sake, that whatever gets made finds creators who care and make something good. But for all it might or might not have any drawing power they may as well just make something totally new at this point because The Matrix as a franchise may as well be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    Resurrections being self-aware of being made under duress is neither a point for nor a point against it
    I don't entirely agree with this, since how the creators choose to react to this and fold it into the story and what it meant for the creative process makes for something fascinating in it's own right. If not inherently good.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2024-04-12 at 10:14 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.