Spoiler: latest page
Show
Not entirely sure how I'm feeling about another party split, considering how slowly Goblins updates and how we're already following like ... 3 different narratives. Though I guess at least 2 groups recently combined back into one *at least*.

As someone who's into story writing/comics myself I do find the whole reactive writing thing ... interesting. I've been trying to wram my mind around what bugs me about the writing in Goblins as I do agree there's something that feels a bit odd. Maybe it's lack of certain big changes being foreshadowed? Like "Hey you're a demon that means you can make a portal now, let's go to hell. Oops 2 people get dragged along cause of suction/vacuum" is very ... to me it feels like it came out of nowhere. Like I guess this is meant to be the big payoff to the slow demon transformation, but even that aws something that happened to complains by accident as he grabbed the axe and it transformed him in full because he was randomly being an idiot.

I don't know. I have this personal rule that with webcomics I try to rank arcs as a complete narrative once they're completed rather than page-by-page, because a page is only a small snippet & sometimes when you reread it in full it feels less haphazard. Some day I might reread all of Goblins to see if I feel differently when I read through all of it in a single go. But I'm also kinda wondering how long this current arc will continue as it has endless and endless meandering sideplots within it.