1. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Suggestion: Martial Class with many options

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
    So I can't point to any... but I am keen to try and throw something together with time.

I have a few ideas, all on the complex side, and if there were ever a time to get all of these out again, it's now.

So thinking:

1) stances. Allow you to shift passive bonuses.

2) exertions, a bit like battlemaster manoeuvres

3) no extra attack. Its a massive power boost but cutting it free the class to pursue more situational damage boosts and the play-time class complexity is in engineering the right circumstances to get the bonus.

4) reaction focusse - possibly tied to stance and point 3. Spellchecker stance to disrupt spells, some defensive stance to use reaction to boost AC and so on.

Aiming for complexity through resource management, needing tactical positioning and target selection and possibly a martial equivalent of prepared spells for the day.
    I think I'd keep Extra Attack as an optional feature that needs to be chosen day-by-day, like a spell, or part of a potential semi-subclass (maybe a Pact Boon-like approach?) Could also be a part one of the-how-many stances, too. Extra Attack in on itself is *kind of* passive ability, in a sense.
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2024-04-21 at 11:25 PM.