View Single Post

Thread: How do you handle Wish?

1. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: How do you handle Wish?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    You can say "my character would be able to lift this", but the fact of the matter is that your character does not exist as an independent entity capable of doing things.
    The rock will only move by real people moving it.
    You still have to lift it. If you still can't, then neither can your character.
    I'm a bit confused.
    So if, during a LARP, the challenge was to lift a 1000lb park-decoration boulder (for whatever in-game contrived reason), and I definitely can't do that (but my character, with their fantasy strength and magic items could), that means that my character can't? I cannot (should not?) be able to suggest that, while I cannot do the real-life action of lifting the boulder, my character could and therefore we should move forward under the assumption that they did?
    Further building on this, players with physical limitations cannot (should not?) play characters who don't have such limitations? If I'm wheelchair bound, I shouldn't expect my character to be able to run?

That's how the above reads to me. Am I misinterpreting?

With Wish, the character's skills are already factored in for the player to make any wish at all.
    In what way? Stat requirements for spellcasting are not a part of 5e.
    Last edited by Schwann145; 2024-04-22 at 03:41 PM.