View Single Post

Thread: Got a house rule document? Share it!

1. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Got a house rule document? Share it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozreth View Post
    1. Your monk fix. I know monk sucks as is, and there have been a ton of attempts to fix it. I like that yours addresses AC more than anything else, but this feels like a lot. I'm curious what your thinking was going into all of these changes and what your experience has been with the class since implementing these changes. Also curious what others reading may think? I like all of the changes individually, as a whole it feels overboard when combined with this really big AC bonus. Also, full hit points for Wholeness of body? Quivering palm every day?
    I've made completely different changes to Fizban (other than changing Quivering Palm to 1/day) but the Monk is one of the most heavily upgraded classes in my house rules also. The AC bonus seems a little high (I'd probably go with 2 + 1/3 levels if I was going to improve it) but apart from that his version looks reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    A rule that I thought would be common, but actually turns out isn't from my interactions on this board, would be that rules that can conflict only in part do so only in so far as they have to conflict. An example would be that you can't cast spells of a certain level unless you reach a level in the class that would allow you to cast the spell. The versatile spellcaster feat allows you to cast spells of a higher level. The way this rule would work is versatile spellcaster can fully function without violating the first rule and does not specifically mention it does. Therefore it does not violate the rule. Versatile spellcaster cannot let you cast spells of a higher level than your class level allows.
    I'm bit confused by this. Versatile Spellcaster says it allows you to "cast a spell you know that is one level higher". You don't know any spells of higher level than your class level allows, so how could it allow you to cast them?
    Last edited by Biggus; 2024-04-23 at 10:49 AM.