1. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default The Way of Sorrow

Attribute: Manipulation.
    Source: VTM 3ed Revised - Clanbook Tzimisce 63.

This is different than other ways:
    • DC of activation roll is victims permanent willpower rating (not the usual power level + 3).
    • You spend a willpower point (and by my reading you don’t spend any blood).
    • Victim can use 1 willpower to overcome an effect.
    • On botch you experience the effect of 5-success power.

Those are big disadvantages to me. Especially “you spend 1 willpower” combined with “victim can spend 1 willpower to ignore the effect” sounds to me like it’s costing you more than the victim. In some circumstances it might be good (for example you can prevent someone from using willpower to do something you don’t like).

⏺ The Frustrations of Nestrecha. Eye contact. Spend 1 will. Roll Manipulation + Koldunism. for 1 turn / success victim can’t use willpower to activate disciplines or auto-succed.
    ⏺⏺ The Insults of Krivda. Make an insult. Causes frenzy to attack the koldun (supernaturals with a beast can roll at DC to control frenzy 5 + number of successes on the activation roll).
    ⏺⏺⏺ The Weeping of Kruchina. Target cries uncontrollably for 1 turn/success. When crying the victim can’t perform actions that need concentration. Vampires lose 1 blood per turn of crying.
    ⏺⏺⏺⏺ The Misfortune of Chernogolov. Spend 1 will, roll. For 1 turn/ success target gets -2 successes on rolls. Botches should be extra painful.
    ⏺⏺⏺⏺⏺ The Starvation of Marena. 2 bashing damage (soaked normally) per success. Additionally vampires lose 1 blood point per success.
    Last edited by ahenobarbi; 2024-04-25 at 03:08 AM.