Customized artifacts he stat with us and we all got to design for ourselves. Was an incredibly fun campaign. I made a Thorns ish Type character (think D3 thorns) and designed my character around forcing people to attack him or he smacked them. AoOs etc what not. But attacking him caused you to take damage.. Now I'm the DM and never get to play. Doing something kinda similar to this atm for my current players. I recently lost 2 players and gained 2 different ones and the partys optimization/capability sky rocketed. They can actually handle non lobotomized enemies at last. So as I get to throw stronger sh*t at them. They will get access to interesting things themselves.

One of them found a fragmented Lichs Phylactery from a failed ritual, where his Soul instead got trapped nearby. I decided to let the player repair the destroyed phylactery and transfer the slivers of the Lichs soul into it. Considering it isn't a complete soul but fragments of the person he won't reform. I haven't fully decided yet how to shape the boon relating to this. Just more pleased the player asked to do such a ballsy thing. it amused me.