1. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Rule variations between PF1/3.5 - Stacking

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    The reason they state "bonus" over modifier is so that it won't add a negative modifier. Bonuses are always positive. Modifiers can be negative or positive.
    I suppose? But it seems questionable to think of it that way. Considering the ability has ways to negate it such as just actually wearing armor. I would hope in my mind, if I was the game dev by adding the negatable lines that if a rando player for some reason decided to make a monk with Bad wis they'd just wear armor to negate the -2 or something. Although "(if any)" or a number that isnt 0. For bonus makes me think if the modifier was negative it'd still apply so long as not wearing armor tbh. Of course this becomes an English debate of can a bonus be negative which I'm not sure on. *shrug* I really think this just shows.. that wording of abilities should've been uniform across classes for a specific reason to prevent future problems.

(trying to google negative bonus out of curiosity brought up random legal stuff n bank related things so idk)
    Last edited by Lorddenorstrus; 2024-04-28 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wizards are weak because they need to read! Sorcerers can take the Illiterate trait to minmax themselves to extremes that other classes can only dream of!
    Spoiler: Current Ongoing Campaigns
    Show
    DM- Overlord Campaign - Ainz wiped the floor but they did manage to clear several floor guardians. Playing - Gestalt game character WIP.