View Single Post

Thread: Do caster out of combat options matter?

1. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Do caster out of combat options matter?

Back to ritual casting:

Barbarian, Totem, 10th, commune with nature. (And speak with animals at 3rd). useful out of combat or intel gathering.

Ritual spells I have used with some frequency out of combat with my Pact of the Tome ritual spells which I have been slowly but surely collecting (we are now level 12).

Alarm, and Alarm + Magic Mouth (In tandem, great way to weak up the party if the PC on watch gets charmed or held)
    Rary's Telepathic Bond: as a ritual, I enable an hour's worth of telepathic communication. We can split the party sometimes.
    Skywrite: advertise for the bard's performances. Start rumors or commit simple libel/slander against various people in an area whom we dislike.
    Water Breathing: nuff said.
    Detect Magic and Identify: as rituals, helpful.

Leomunds Tiny Hut: as a ritual ... camping out becomes less stressful.

Other bits:

Paladin/Cleric: Ceremony: a variety of useful outcomes.
    Bard: Song of rest: a little boost to short rest healing.

Wizard: Transmutation - the transmuter's stone has various features. It gave our human assassin dark vision ...at 14th level the wizard now can cast raise dead once per long rest ...
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-04-29 at 10:42 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society