Had a crack at this as well, this is what I came up with.

Barbarian 2/Fighter 18
Frostblood Orc

32 Point Buy: 16/15/14/14/6/8
Level 1: 20/15/14/12/6/8
Level 20: 24/16/14/12/6/8

B – Endurance
1 – Nymph’s Kiss
Barbarian 1 – Pounce ACF
Barbarian 2 – Rapid Shot
3 – Steadfast Determination
Fighter 1 – Thug Fighter ACF
Fighter 2 – Weapon Focus (Composite Longbow)
6 – Headlong Rush
Fighter 4 – Weapon Specialization (Composite Longbow)
Fighter 6 – Resolute ACF
9 – Point-Blank Shot
Fighter 8 – Ranged Weapon Mastery (Composite Longbow)
12 – ¬Manyshot
Fighter 10 – Power Attack
Fighter 12 – Greater Weapon Focus (Composite Longbow)
15 – Woodland Archer
Fighter 14 – Greater Weapon Specialization (Composite Longbow)
18 – Improved Rapidshot
Fighter 16 – Improved Toughness
Fighter 18 –Weapon Supremacy (Composite Longbow)

ACFs:
Barbarian – Hunter, Spiritual Totem
Fighter – Thug ACF, Resolute ACF

• Frostblood Orc is chosen for their high STR bonus, as well as Endurance bonus feat and access to Headlong Rush.
  • Our melee weapon is a Greatsword (2d6 two-handed weapon, although we can use other two-handed weapons). Our ranged weapon is a Composite Bow, to take advantage of our STR bonus.
  • Our melee damage is dealt with by Pounce, Headlong Rush and Power Attack.
  • Our ranged damage is dealt with by our other feats. More feats are dedicated to ranged than melee due to the difficulty of sorting out ranged attacks.
  • Nymph’s Kiss, our decent INT score and Thug Fighter mean we get 6 skill points per level for our Fighter.
  • Steadfast Determination and Resolute ACF deal with the normally weak Will Save of a Fighter. We should also have very good Fort saves, leaving Dexterity as our only moderately-good save.
  • We don’t need to use Aptitude Weapons (they weren’t in print when the paragraph in the original post was written, so this wasn’t built with that in mind) but this would greatly boost our melee capability.
  • Rapidshot lets us get off an extra attack when doing a full round of attacks at range, if charging isn’t feasible. Manyshot lets us move and do a decent amount of attacks while getting in position to charge next round, if required.

Weird build, but I don’t mind both the overall build and the challenge itself. I've also enjoyed the contributions other posters have made, so thanks for those.