Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
I have found that sanctuary, Spike Growth, meld into stone, stone shape, and wall of stone are handy in a lot of different ways.

Sanctuary: If you have a support caster who does not attack, or who uses stuff like web and slow, you can protect them a bit with sanctuary, but your team has to work well together for that to work.
Spike Growth: you know how it works
Meld into Stone: Scouting and hiding.
Stone Shape: lots of utility. (Lock people in, lock people out have both cropped up in our games).
Wall of Stone; shape the battlefield.

For the genie item: I recommend ring.
You can get into it, your ally can carry you around, and then you can pop out at just the right moment. We've used it that was a number of times.

I recommend Dao.
You can blast with other spells.
I think I have settled on Dao. Their spells seem likely to add more fun in non-combat situations. I think I am leaning to Custom Lineage since I am usually feat hungry. What feats might you recommend?

I was thinking Inspiring leader, eventually resilient CON, Crusher, Telekinetic, Metamagic Adept (quicken and Subtle, quicken to cast sickening radiance and then push people into it for two possible ticks). Lucky/Alert/Fey Touched are other considerations.

We are rolling for stats with the option to take standard if we don't like what we rolled so some choices may be stat dependent.

Invocations I am looking at are: Agonizing Blast, Repelling Blast, Grasp of hadar, Lance of lethargy, Voice of the chain master, Eldritch Mind, Ghostly Gaze, Gift of ever living ones, visions of distant realms, chains of carceri, shroud of shadows. Not sure exactly what would make the cut, but I do want a utility and combat covered through my invocations.