This year was mostly an awesome Christmas. I got several nice things that I was really hoping to get (backpack, pie plates, oots stick book). But also got something that really made me laugh and I have to share. So, I have recently started knitting again. I'm a beginner so I've never made anything more complicated than a bag or a hat. My mom gave me a bunch of yarn for Christmas. Most of it is beautiful and I can't wait to use it. But there was also a huge ball of shocking pink yarn and a huge ball of electric turquoise yarn. Mom acted like this yarn was "really special" and asked if I remembered picking it out. Ummm .. .. no. When would I have picked it? It is really, really ugly yarn and it's synthetic not cotton or wool. Well, she got upset and explained "When you were in grade school Mema promised to make you a sweater and you and your sister each chose the yarn you wanted."
Well, apparently the promised sweater was never made. So, Mom gave my sister and I the balls of yarn. She said and I quote "You can still make the sweater!" Sigh. I think I will have to quietly give away the yarn. I'm not talented enough to knit a sweater, there isn't enough yarn to make one that would fit me, and as I said before it's really ugly yarn.
That is my worst Christmas gift this year. Yarn I picked out as a child. Never trust a kid to choose a color for anything.