New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Random Song I Have Stuck in My Head

Today is bill pay day. Yay...

However, tomorrow is my city's annual medieval fair(e?) so I intend to spend the rest of my check on stuff I don't need, but gosh do I want.

Later that night, D&D.

It's gonna be a good day. I just have to survive one more work day...

And... The Pogues
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-04-03 at 06:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Random Song I Have Stuck in My Head

Today is bill pay day. Yay...

However, tomorrow is my city's annual medieval fair(e?) so I intend to spend the rest of my check on stuff I don't need, but gosh do I want.

Later that night, D&D.

It's gonna be a good day. I just have to survive one more work day...

And... The Pogues
    That's how money works.
    I just save and save and save and save, etc, etc.
    That song is pretty good in my opinion. A little quiet but still good.
    My dad is trying to get a 4e D&D group going which I have been invited to. Any tips for someone who has never played 4th edition before?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Any tips for someone who has never played 4th edition before?
    Having just acquired the 4e books myself...

It's a good game. It's not D&D (IMHO), but it's a good game in its own right. From what I can tell, there's a much greater focus on teamwork. You don't need one of each of Controller, Defender, Leader and Striker for the perfect 4-person group, but it makes things a lot easier. Other than that, I recommend checking the Roleplaying subforum for more detail.

ION:

I, like Koorli, have finished by Classics coursework. I handed it in today. That was a great relief.

And now I have two weeks off for Easter!

...which will be spent in Ayrshire, Scotland.

*grumbles about parents dragging him along very much against his will*

My internet connection may well be intermittent or even non-existent.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Having just acquired the 4e books myself...

It's a good game. It's not D&D (IMHO), but it's a good game in its own right. From what I can tell, there's a much greater focus on teamwork. You don't need one of each of Controller, Defender, Leader and Striker for the perfect 4-person group, but it makes things a lot easier. Other than that, I recommend checking the Roleplaying subforum for more detail.

ION:

I, like Koorli, have finished by Classics coursework. I handed it in today. That was a great relief.

And now I have two weeks off for Easter!

...which will be spent in Ayrshire, Scotland.

*grumbles about parents dragging him along very much against his will*

My internet connection may well be intermittent or even non-existent.
    Cool, I was thinking of playing a Barbarian or a Ranger.
    I just have a bit of revision homework to do before I can enjoy my easter holidays. I have today off due to a teachers' training day. WOOT!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

The highest I got for the Famicon Button pressing was 73.

For playing 4th edition, it is best to have a group that is focused on working together on attacking a single target, or dividing the attention of the enemy.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    The highest I got for the Famicon Button pressing was 73.

For playing 4th edition, it is best to have a group that is focused on working together on attacking a single target, or dividing the attention of the enemy.
    I think they are.
    I stopped with the Famicon Button at 69. Mainly because I didn't think I'd beat it.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

All of my socks are odd. All of them! How does this even happen?! What is the world coming to. What? It doesn't even make sense. With this many socks, at least one odd sock must match with another!

Hot damn I do not like odd socks.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

I don't usually notice odd socks. All my socks are black.

Except when I go to put them in the laundry basket. Then they're usually odd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

I keep my socks in little bundles, that way they never get mixed up. I do have one sock that's just on its own though.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

If you want to plat 4th edition then play a swordmage! They are awesome in a can... WITH A BLADE!
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    If you want to plat 4th edition then play a swordmage! They are awesome in a can... WITH A BLADE!
    That sounds good. I did want to play a Dragonborn though. Does swordmage work well with that race?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

12. - Top - End - #852
    Barbarian in the Playground

DD? When did you change your name?
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

I rarely have socks that are not odd. This is probably due to my laundry remaining unfolded unless I'm feeling industrious on laundry day.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

All my socks are the same, so I never have this problem.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    That sounds good. I did want to play a Dragonborn though. Does swordmage work well with that race?
    Cant remember the stats it needed (int i think it was). Just go and ask in the gaming forums, those guys should be far more helpful than me. One more thing, swordmage is in the forgotten realms players book.

Regarding socks... I try top keep them in bundles, but lately I have a lot of socks without a match, so I alternate between the few that are still in a pair.

Anyone else gets their socks easily broken at the back part of the foot or the toes? Because lately my socks are like holes with fabric around.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    All my socks are the same, so I never have this problem.
    Damn you Sneak! Daammnn yoooouu. Buying socks that are all the same would've been a good plan... To the delorean!

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

All my socks are normal. The most outrageous socks I have are some Dockers with a little anchor thingum going over the ankle. And I have both of them.

However, I do have one unmatched pair.

*Goes back to other meaningless posts.*
    This avatar by Phase.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Cant remember the stats it needed (int i think it was). Just go and ask in the gaming forums, those guys should be far more helpful than me. One more thing, swordmage is in the forgotten realms players book.

Regarding socks... I try top keep them in bundles, but lately I have a lot of socks without a match, so I alternate between the few that are still in a pair.

Anyone else gets their socks easily broken at the back part of the foot or the toes? Because lately my socks are like holes with fabric around.
    Thanks for the advice buddy.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

I had a dream about socks last night.

It was very odd.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

It was very odd.
    It sounds odd. My dreams just involve the destruction of my enemies through sorcerous power (wielded by me), but socks just takes the cake with the oddness.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

It was very odd.
    ...elaborate, please?

@^: That's a little bit scary. Seriously.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-04-03 at 10:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

It was very odd.
    I can't recall ever having a dream about socks.

Though there was one the other night I had a dream my wah pedal was letting out really concentrated flammable... fumes of some sort. They went off, burned a small garden down plus some girl in my grade's hair. I felt guilty.

My wah pedal started a fire.

@FTF: My dreams don't have me annihilating anyone. If there's ever violence, it always gets to a stalemate, so nothing's accomplished. Hmm. Symbolism much?

@V: I thank the deities above that these are dreams. Means your psychotic tendencies aren't acted out.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-04-03 at 10:52 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    That's a little bit scary. Seriously.
    Nah, what's scary is that after I wake up, I can still hear them screaming from when I either A) Melted their flesh off of their bones with fire, B) Electrocuted them, C) Crushed them with meteors or D) Transformed into a very large creature and slowly tore them apart.
    Then there's the one I exploded with my mind. He sure was full of a lot of blood.

@^: Yep. If I did have sorcerous powers though, I reckon that is probably what would happen. I'd probably go mad with power. MUAHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-04-03 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

For socks, I just have three types of long white ones and a few pairs of short socks. a few socks have holes near the toes, but it takes a while for that to happen.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

Socks: I was in a huge hurry to get somewhere, but I needed a specific style of sock before I could leave. I rifled through my sock drawer a bazillion times but I kept coming up with long socks, short socks, striped socks, colored socks, but not plain white socks.

Also: two songs in a row that just came up almost right next to each other:

Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
    Never Die Young - James Taylor

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

It was very odd.
    You dream about everything don't you?

And if we analyse that dream the Stephen Fry way... It means you're gay! (sadly youtube lacks that particular QI clip. Most disappointing.)

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    You dream about everything don't you?
    I remember my dreams most nights - so not too surprising that socks came 'round. .

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember my dreams most nights - so not too surprising that socks came 'round. .
    Dreams? Every night? That's a sure sign of a fevered brain. It's caused by too much blood you know. I'll get the leeches.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Dreams? Every night? That's a sure sign of a fevered brain. It's caused by too much blood you know. I'll get the leeches.
    Oh. Blood letting. I see. Like lobotomies. Speaking of which, it's time for you medication, Bath.
    This avatar by Phase.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Barbarian in the Playground

Socks: Keep them in a zip up mesh bag. You know they're all together when you go to wash, dry, and fold them, and they won't be wandering off during the process.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!