New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

congratulations finnlassie
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So you get to... study some more? Good... I guess

Congrats though. Getting results can get stressful. I'm waiting on some, myself. Thursday. Sigh.

At least mine will only give me a pay raise
    Well, I'm not too thrilled about going back on the school bench for another 3 years... But hey, I'll get a degree under my belt, and then I can look for my mega rich 99-year-old husband-to-be so I can live off my inheritance.

What, have you taken a job as one of the South African hunks or something to get some extra cash?
    I have no idea why the hunks was the first thing to pop up to my mind, and now I'm imagining your avatar working his thang

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    congratulations finnlassie
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Well, I'm not too thrilled about going back on the school bench for another 3 years... But hey, I'll get a degree under my belt, and then I can look for my mega rich 99-year-old husband-to-be so I can live off my inheritance.

What, have you taken a job as one of the South African hunks or something to get some extra cash?
    I have no idea why the hunks was the first thing to pop up to my mind, and now I'm imagining your avatar working his thang
    Heh. I should have said "exam results" For some of my actuarial exams. My company rewards passes with pay increases and bonuses. Which is nice.

But I can hunk out when the need arises

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to study full time any more. But working towards something bigger is always nice. So... good luck I think meantime we can work on finding that husband for you. Heart condition optional?
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

GUYS, I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY! I'm not a huge failure in life after all! Well, maybe jus a little.
    Congratulations Finn! That's awesome!

And you were never a huge failure in life. Just so you know.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-11-25 at 05:38 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

GUYS, I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY![/SIZE][/B] I'm not a huge failure in life after all! Well, maybe jus a little.
    As has been said, congratulations! You have, uh ... all nighters like the one I just pulled to look forward to. ... So yeah. Congratulations?

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So you get to... study some more? Good... I guess

Congrats though. Getting results can get stressful. I'm waiting on some, myself. Thursday. Sigh.

At least mine will only give me a pay raise
    Aaaaaaaay. Money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Congrats, FinnLassie!

Also, question. Is there an index of those bear-smilies that I'm seeing everywhere?
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats!

Re. bear-smilies: No, Teddy just uses those instead of the normal ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

GUYS, I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY!
    I'm not a huge failure in life after all! Well, maybe jus a little.
    Yay!!!! Congrats!

Of course, this means your alarm was wrong and you need a new one...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    Also, question. Is there an index of those bear-smilies that I'm seeing everywhere?
    Re. bear-smilies: No, Teddy just uses those instead of the normal ones.
    Yup. I drew them a few months ago and made a Firefox extension to rehack the smilie table in the posting area to insert them instead. I've been using them ever since!

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground

I told you! I knew you could do it!

Seriously though stop being so negative even in your victory! You're not a failure at life, you're an awesome person and one of my best friends! Hooray!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

*wakes up five minutes before alarm*

Nooo... I want to wake up at the right time to check how I've failed getting into university...

*quickly falls asleep again*
    *DING DING DING DING DING I AM AN ALARM CLOCK HAHAHAH WAKE UP YOU LOSER*

*rubs eyes*
    Oh man, here we go... Where's my laptop...
    *shuffles about, figures out what the hell her password was for the application system*

So... Moment of truth... Day of misery...
    *logs in*

*narrows eyes*
    "You have been accepted to dat university, guuuurl"
    ACCEPTED?!

Woohoo! You rock! Are you excited?! YOU SHOULD BE!!! I'M GOING TO USE ALL CAPS FOR HYPE!!! WOOOOOO! CONGRATS!!!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Congratulations Finniefinn! I'm so happy for you. I hope it works out well for you and you learn many good things!
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

13. - Top - End - #103

NecromancerGuy

Congrats, FinnLassie!

Teddy made a firefox extension or something that mapped his own custom emoticons to the hyperlink buttons in the forum text editor. IIRC

Congrats. Sorry it's going to be another full three years for you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

My usual advice: Remember to read the textbook. It's definitely helpful in my life contingencies class, at least. My professor only really teaches the formulas and as separate entities. The textbook goes more conceptual, and explains how they're all the same algorithm. But in any case, as long as the professor didn't write the textbook, it usually explains it differently. So if the professor's explanations don't help, the textbook might just.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

My usual advice: Remember to read the textbook. It's definitely helpful in my life contingencies class, at least. My professor only really teaches the formulas and as separate entities. The textbook goes more conceptual, and explains how they're all the same algorithm. But in any case, as long as the professor didn't write the textbook, it usually explains it differently. So if the professor's explanations don't help, the textbook might just.
    I've had teachers that teach you directly out of the textbook. They open it on their desk, then type in into a document while projecting it for us to take notes. That got really boring really fast.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    As has been said, congratulations! You have, uh ... all nighters like the one I just pulled to look forward to. ... So yeah. Congratulations?
    Hey, I've already spent two years at a university... I think I know what allnighters feel like.

Congrats, FinnLassie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you, kind peeplings.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Yay!!!! Congrats!

Of course, this means your alarm was wrong and you need a new one...

You know, EmeraldRose, that really cheered me up. Like honestly. It was like that cherry on top of a cake, though I don't like cherries on my cakes... so more like a strawberry for me. I've been feeling really down ever since moving back to Finland, and this comment really made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I told you! I knew you could do it!

Seriously though stop being so negative even in your victory! You're not a failure at life, you're an awesome person and one of my best friends! Hooray!
    Same goes for you Zoozmuffin, thank you . Maybe, just on some days, I'm a little too hard on myself...

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Woohoo! You rock! Are you excited?! YOU SHOULD BE!!! I'M GOING TO USE ALL CAPS FOR HYPE!!! WOOOOOO! CONGRATS!!!
    IT'S A CAPS WORTHY HYPE ALRIGHT WOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Congratulations Finniefinn! I'm so happy for you. I hope it works out well for you and you learn many good things!
    I'll learn how to get those teenagers behave at events, that'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Congrats. Sorry it's going to be another full three years for you though.
    If I want to die from exhaustion, I could aim to graduate in 2,5 years. That'd mean zero summer breaks, though. So hahaha nope.

Ah, wee Razanir, as I mentioned to AT up there, I've already spent two years at uni so I get the jist of things in general, I would say. But, I thank thee for the tips anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

17. - Top - End - #107

Same goes for you Zoozmuffin, thank you . Maybe, just on some days, I'm a little too hard on myself...
    Trust me, I know that feeling. It gets better.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

So the bad/annoying news. I had an exam in a night class the day before break. The good news, though, that made up for it. I got to finish a proof the most epic way possible. By writing Q.E.D. in giant letters at the bottom of the page. (I just wish it would have been the last question, not second to last)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

So the bad/annoying news. I had an exam in a night class the day before break. The good news, though, that made up for it. I got to finish a proof the most epic way possible. By writing Q.E.D. in giant letters at the bottom of the page. (I just wish it would have been the last question, not second to last)
    I love when you get to answer questions in fun ways. It always brightens up a boring test/questionnaire. Just don't do it this way:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

Good luck Razanir!

Meanwhile, for those of you curious about my level of sickness, I am getting better! Still got a sore stomach, but it's clearing up! A little!

I'm probably going to go to the hospital tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay. It was the stomach flu, but it hasn't gone away after two days or so so it miiight be more and I just want to make sure.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I love when you get to answer questions in fun ways. It always brightens up a boring test/questionnaire.[/SPOILER]
    I have fond memories of writing "it depends on what X equals" for every question that happened to involve multiplication, because they were asking questions in poorly-written arithmetic and I already knew algebra. I ended up with a perfect score!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I have fond memories of writing "it depends on what X equals" for every question that happened to involve multiplication, because they were asking questions in poorly-written arithmetic and I already knew algebra. I ended up with a perfect score!
    I would love to do that, but it is not something I would end up doing. I much prefer tests that have more to do with velociraptors.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

I'm in Jamaica with my family right now, and we were just in a Jamaican restaurant. We saw that there was bread on the menu and asked about it. The server responded with "Oh yeah, it's amazing. It's really authentic Jamaican bread, it's really soft, you'll love it." The bread came. It was Wonder Bread.
    Last edited by Solse; 2014-11-25 at 09:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

I'm in Jamaica with my family right now, and we were just in a Jamaican restaurant. We saw that there was bread on the menu and asked about it. The server responded with "Oh yeah, it's amazing. It's really authentic Jamaican bread, it's really soft, you'll love it." The bread came. It was Wonder Bread.
    Spoilers some restuarants are tourist traps.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Well... it was soft...
    I'll learn how to get those teenagers behave at events, that'll be.
    Ahaha have fun with that.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I love when you get to answer questions in fun ways. It always brightens up a boring test/questionnaire.
    My logic:

It is the day before break and I am taking an exam in a night class. I think I remember this being the last question (it wasn't). I could write out "Because these three conditions are met, {Z_t} is a stationary time series." But, instead, I feel like making this more interesting. I'll just write QED in large letters at the bottom of the page instead.

27. - Top - End - #117

Spoilers some restuarants are tourist traps.
    The problem is that it was one of the only good restaurants on the island (and the rest of the food wasn't that bad). But yeah, I'm aware that some people like feeding on our ignorance. It's sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Well... it was soft...
    It was. It was also American.

28. - Top - End - #118

The problem is that it was one of the only good restaurants on the island (and the rest of the food wasn't that bad). But yeah, I'm aware that some people like feeding on our ignorance. It's sad, really.

It was. It was also American.
    If by good you mean food quality, then that is an issue because Jamaican cuisine is amazing and you shouldn't be deprived of great food. If by good you mean "not seedy" well...you're not really having proper Jamaican cuisine if you don't see a guy prepare a chicken for you from fresh to food, if you catch my drift.

Note that everything I say about this subject is influenced by Anthony Bordain's show about "going to places and eating their food the correct, non tourist way" and thus I cannot be actually sure is accurate but Anthony Bordain is also a great person and No Reservations is a great show so I feel they may be accurate.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

We've got some great, dramatic November fog this morning, and on that note, I'd like to add that "Herbstnebel" is a really awesome German word.

We also got subzero temperatures for the first time in all too long, so there's still hope for some actual winter to happen at least this year...

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

I got to finish a proof the most epic way possible. By writing Q.E.D. in giant letters at the bottom of the page.
    I did that once. My proof ended up being incorrect. Imagine my shame -_-

but Anthony Bordain is also a great person
    I feel like this might not be entirely true He may be a great chef, and he's certainly got a very charismatic on-screen personality, but from what I've read, he doesn't actually sound like a nice guy. (Kitchen Confidential may actually be my favourite autobiography ever.)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'd like to add that "Herbstnebel" is a really awesome German word.
    Nebel itself is a pretty awesome word. There's a cat breed called Nebelung. They even look like mist creatures.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).