New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    So apparently the UK is leaving the EU. I'm an ignorant american that doesn't pay attention to world politics, so I have no idea what this means for the world at large.
    Makes my British passport less useful, for one.
    More importantly, new trade deals will need to be struck. Britain's economy will suffer pretty badly for a while (already is, the pound sterling is at its lowest since the 80's), and if the the Leave party turns out to be right, will eventually see long-term benefits. The EU will see a bit of a political and economic reshuffle. Britain will lose some of its voice within Europe, but will gain more independence.
    It will actually take a couple of years for Britain to leave, thanks to the slightly torturous system for leaving.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

So apparently the UK is leaving the EU. I'm an ignorant american that doesn't pay attention to world politics, so I have no idea what this means for the world at large.
    The pound dropped like a ****ing stone, so investors are throwing themselves at the Yen...which is bad since Japan really wanted a weak yen to encourage growth. So Japan's going to get messed up, which is going to mess up something ELSE and...well, so on.

Basically, dominos of horrible. This is basically awful in every way.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not true! I can now afford to see my British friends in Britain!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well I can say that actually being in London during the vote has been interesting. From any number of perspectives, including historical.

I shan't go into it any further, since all politics is still a non-subject. But it has been interesting.

ION: My first full weekend here is coming up, by the way. Anywhere I should go that isn't mentioned in five billion guidebooks?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    ION: My first full weekend here is coming up, by the way. Anywhere I should go that isn't mentioned in five billion guidebooks?
    That one Malay restaurant in the musical area. I can't remember its name. Well, that was a useless tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #276

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Manchester town hall?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    That one Malay restaurant in the musical area. I can't remember its name. Well, that was a useless tip.
    Recommendation noted.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Manchester town hall?
    I had to Google it, but I think I get your reference.

ION: Dang, Victoria and Albert is really popping tonight. There's a DJ (playing James Brown) in the atrium, girls in underwear (half of them are modeling underwear from that historical exhibition, from what I can tell, and the others are part of a life model art thingie happening in the sculpture room.), and I'm sitting next to a 16th century Persian carpet roughly the length of a grey whale.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am so sad about this, mankind should be uniting. As the hymn of Europe (ode of Joy of Beethoven) says all of us are brothers (and sisters).

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Don't worry about ignorance, every poll and politician called it the other way. Now people are realising what the leave campaign didn't actually promise...
    Lucky for me, I'm travelling Europe before we leave, and already exchanged some Euros, so yay I guess.
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Played as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4. Flew too close to the sun

Played as the Duenem in Empire 5. Ordered a God to stand down, and kept a contingency ready...

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

The following is an incomplete list of utterly horrid pickup-lines, in no particular order.
    • "You remind me of my daughter..."
    • "Don't mind the chloroform smell; my goldfish, Bob, had to be spayed again yesterday."
    • "CABBAAAAAAAAAGE!!!"
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Cabbages?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    Spoiler: Cabbages?
    Show

The image won't display for me (problem on my end) but I'm pretty sure I know who it is.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

I won't know for three weeks. And I expect I won't, because I think the interviewer had his hands tied or made a snap decision when he first met me, so that this "interview" was less interview and more "Your PAPERS, please."

If I lose my benefits I will full on freak out. I cannot deal with society in person, that's why my caseworker in NY fought so hard for me to get them in the first place.
    Ah, I see. Let us hope that his hands are tied in a way beneficial to you, then.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Home again from an intensive midsummer weekend up at our ancestral farm. The extended weekend included meeting cousins family (sans older cousin)and their grandmother and aunt and her husband, strawberries, garden work, swimming in the lake, playing with a sinking boat, eating good food, lounging in the sun and getting eaten by blackflies.

In fact, there was an unusually large amount of blackflies there, outnumbering both the horseflies and the mosquitos. And they all seemed to prefer my inner right calf for some odd reason. I have 8 bites on this calf, but only 1 or possibly 2 bites from them anywhere else. And this doesn't include all the flies I killed before they got a chance to eat their way through my skin. Because blackflies are true evil in a way which not even mosquitos manage to approach. They don't sting you, they literally bite their way to your blood vessels, leaving bleeding wounds once they're done. And the poison leaves both larger and more long-lasting bites than mosquitos do. I have no love to spare for blackflies...

The rest of it was fun, though.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Home again from an intensive midsummer weekend up at our ancestral farm. The extended weekend included meeting cousins family (sans older cousin)and their grandmother and aunt and her husband, strawberries, garden work, swimming in the lake, playing with a sinking boat, eating good food, lounging in the sun and getting eaten by blackflies.

In fact, there was an unusually large amount of blackflies there, outnumbering both the horseflies and the mosquitos. And they all seemed to prefer my inner right calf for some odd reason. I have 8 bites on this calf, but only 1 or possibly 2 bites from them anywhere else. And this doesn't include all the flies I killed before they got a chance to eat their way through my skin. Because blackflies are true evil in a way which not even mosquitos manage to approach. They don't sting you, they literally bite their way to your blood vessels, leaving bleeding wounds once they're done. And the poison leaves both larger and more long-lasting bites than mosquitos do. I have no love to spare for blackflies...

The rest of it was fun, though.
    You have given me a chance to share something exceptionally Canadian with the thread. Blackfly Blackfly, Little Blackfly.

16. - Top - End - #286

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You have given me a chance to share something exceptionally Canadian with the thread. Blackfly Blackfly, Little Blackfly.
    That is super-Canadian. And sounds like a great reason not to visit North Ontario.

And the little buggers survived that one deadly neurotoxin we banned because of eagles, too. That's impressive of the little buggers.

Surprisingly macabre for children's animation, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

That is beautiful, and I completely share the sentiment.

On a semi-related note, while up there, I dad (I think) mentioned he'd heard on some nature program how the moose up in either Alaska or Canada (can't remember which) would become ill and die after 400 000 ticks. He said they showed a picture of a straw of grass which literally was black from the ticks climbing it. The numbers are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Surprisingly macabre for children's animation, too.
    The kids were probably completely fine, unlike the adults supervising them.

Show

18. - Top - End - #288

NecromancerGuy

On a semi-related note, while up there, I dad (I think) mentioned he'd heard on some nature program how the moose up in either Alaska or Canada (can't remember which) would become ill and die after 400 000 ticks. He said they showed a picture of a straw of grass which literally was black from the ticks climbing it. The numbers are terrifying.

The kids were probably completely fine, unlike the adults supervising them.
    Alaska, Canadia, they both have Mooseses. They both have far too many insects that are the epitome of blackened abominations of evil where it would be morally permissible to make them go extinct. And ticks don't mess around. Get a regular old single deer tick on you in the wrong part of North America and you get Lyme Disease and can be permanently crippled or just straight up die.

Well, yes, they're surprisingly resilient little psychopaths. Still, usually we're supposed to not encourage those tendencies when we claim to be civilized or pride ourselves on it like the British, Canadians, and possibly the French.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe we should hire some tardigrades as police (or similar,) to counter the other, more violent- and bitey, arthropods.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

20. - Top - End - #290

That is super-Canadian. And sounds like a great reason not to visit North Ontario.
    One of teh things I'd like to point out for you guys is that Canadian Blackflies are also abnormally large compared to like, regular ones. If I recall they get to be around the size of horseflies, just for people.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Maybe we should hire some tardigrades as police (or similar,) to counter the other, more violent- and bitey, arthropods.
    Yes but then we'll have a tardigrade problem.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes but then we'll have a tardigrade problem.
    If tardigrades could be a problem, they already would be, most likely. I'm not saying "import tardigrades" because that would be stupid; I'm saying "take the tardigrades you already have (if any) and convince them to declare war on the various mammal-biters." It probably isn't possible, but if it were the other things would go extinct.

Because tardigrades.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

And this doesn't include all the flies I killed before they got a chance to eat their way through my skin. Because blackflies are true evil in a way which not even mosquitos manage to approach. They don't sting you, they literally bite their way to your blood vessels, leaving bleeding wounds once they're done. And the poison leaves both larger and more long-lasting bites than mosquitos do. I have no love to spare for blackflies...
    What horror game are these flies from? Even their name is fitting!
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-06-28 at 02:48 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

At my godmother's and her lil' cute daughter is 4 years old - and wants to play home with me. I don't know how to. Aaaa. Deliver me from this pain!

Thankfully this is the last leg of my trip. I do enjoy being here despite the pain of having to play home and other 'girly' things (playing with Barbies is nice though, but I like to play with them with kids 6 and up - much more drama in those scenarios ), but I'm kinda homesick. Haven't been like that in a couple of years.. when I lived in Scotland and visited Finland, I just always felt like I was missing home.

I just wanna ride my bicycle. Feels lonely without...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska, Canadia, they both have Mooseses. They both have far too many insects that are the epitome of blackened abominations of evil where it would be morally permissible to make them go extinct. And ticks don't mess around. Get a regular old single deer tick on you in the wrong part of North America and you get Lyme Disease and can be permanently crippled or just straight up die.
    Yeah, we've got Lyme Disease in our ticks too. Thankfully, as a bacteria, antibiotics works on it. Then we have TBE, which may cause encephalitis, and it's caused by a virus too, so the only protection comes from vaccination...

Well, yes, they're surprisingly resilient little psychopaths. Still, usually we're supposed to not encourage those tendencies when we claim to be civilized or pride ourselves on it like the British, Canadians, and possibly the French.
    Meh, I doubt any eventual psychopathic tendencies of mine can be traced back to Tom and Jerry.

One of teh things I'd like to point out for you guys is that Canadian Blackflies are also abnormally large compared to like, regular ones. If I recall they get to be around the size of horseflies, just for people.
    Actually, that kinda calms me, because larger flies are easier to detect when they sit down on you. Horseflies are kinda pathetic in that regard, because they spend so much time flying around you that you can't be anything but aware of them.

On the other end of the spectrum are midges, which don't leave any bites, but which attack in thousands, and they're way too small to keep track of. One bite is barely a nuisance, but when they start to number in dozens at the same time, they can make any person panic. And they get through everything and into everywhere, the only thing you can do if caught by a swarm outside is run. Or immerse yourself in water.

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    What horror game are these flies from? Even their name is fitting!
    Well, my description may have been a bit on the overly detailed side, but Swedes do make good horror games...

At my godmother's and her lil' cute daughter is 4 years old - and wants to play home with me. I don't know how to. Aaaa. Deliver me from this pain!

Thankfully this is the last leg of my trip. I do enjoy being here despite the pain of having to play home and other 'girly' things (playing with Barbies is nice though, but I like to play with them with kids 6 and up - much more drama in those scenarios ), but I'm kinda homesick. Haven't been like that in a couple of years.. when I lived in Scotland and visited Finland, I just always felt like I was missing home.

Just play as a career-minded parent. Say you'll have to go to work now and leave the room.

Otherwise, try shuffling random objects between different people's mouths, or make them kiss every now or then. Your godmother's (I first read this as "grandmother") daughter should probably be quick to tell you how to do it better.

Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Everything else you said is really sweet and nice but this final bit forces my hand on what I'm going to say. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiike.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

On a semi-related note, while up there, I dad (I think) mentioned he'd heard on some nature program how the moose up in either Alaska or Canada (can't remember which) would become ill and die after 400 000 ticks
    Alaska, Canadia, they both have Mooseses.
    Well, my description may have been a bit on the overly detailed side, but Swedes do make good horror games
    Is it just me or do some of the contents of this thread kinda, maybe, a smidge start to remind of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty python
    Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen Røtern nik Akten Di Wik Alsø wik Alsø alsø wik Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals The characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional. Signed RICHARD M. NIXON Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER Antler-care by LIV THATCHER The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute. Executive Producer JOHN GOLDSTONE & "RALPH" The Wonder Llama Producer MARK FORSTATER Assisted By EARL J. LLAMA MIKE Q. LLAMA III SY LLAMA MERLE Z. LLAMA IX Directed By 40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS 6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS 142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS 14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS (CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA) REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON 76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY and TERRY GILLIAM & TERRY JONES
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

One day left. Leaving tomorrow morning. I don't feel like travelling in a while after this...

Checking out flights to Scotland over new years dsjfskjf exciting.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Is it just me or do some of the contents of this thread kinda, maybe, a smidge start to remind of:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Python
    Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen Røtern nik Akten Di Wik Alsø wik Alsø alsø wik Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals The characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional. Signed RICHARD M. NIXON Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER Antler-care by LIV THATCHER The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute. Executive Producer JOHN GOLDSTONE & "RALPH" The Wonder Llama Producer MARK FORSTATER Assisted By EARL J. LLAMA MIKE Q. LLAMA III SY LLAMA MERLE Z. LLAMA IX Directed By 40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS 6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS 142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS 14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS (CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA) REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON 76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY and TERRY GILLIAM & TERRY JONES
    Hey now, you missed one post where I mentioned moose.

One day left. Leaving tomorrow morning. I don't feel like travelling in a while after this...
    Oof, it hit that hard?

Checking out flights to Scotland over new years dsjfskjf exciting.
    "Repeat, you're breaking up!"

ION:
    I'm trying to cut down on the amount of meat I eat, and as a part of my (highly sporadic) experiments, I tried replacing a third of the meat in my hamburgers with beetroot. The verdict:
    Culinary: Very good. Tastes just as well as my regular burgers in the bun, and probably a little bit better when standing alone.
    Practical: Not... quite as good, at all. The burgers are more prone to both breaking apart and burning stuck to the pan, and I probably increased the amount of dishes by 50%. I'll have to continue experimenting, though. I added some wheat to the mixture to keep it together better, but that alone wasn't enough. Maybe if I try to add an egg to it? Hmm...

Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vegetable patties are often tricky. I'm a vegetarian who loves burgers, so I have some experience here. Eggs + oats, flour or similar can be helpful for structural integrity and a non-stick pan + liberal amounts of oil works well against the usual stickiness. I also preheat the oil and form patties directly onto the pan to minimize risk of them breaking apart before they get started.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    Vegetable patties are often tricky.
    How about Moose patties instead?
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!