New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Injustice: Dark Knight Of Fate (Interest Check/Recruiting)

Injustice: Dark Knight Of Fate
    In an alternate dimension, Bruce Wayne's parents were both murdered by a criminal in the same dark alley. The situation continued as it did originally. . . Alfred helped raise him. However, on Bruce's return from his training, he discovers the murdered body of Alfred in Wayne Mansion. His investigation of the murder reveals no culprit, because the murder was accomplished with black magic. He enlists the aid and guidance of Zachary Zatara to learn the arts of magic, and although turned away initially by Zatara, Bruce is approached by Kent Nelson, the ancient man known as "Doctor Fate". Together, Zatara and Doctor Nelson mentor him in the arts of magic, so he can discover the murderer of his family friend.

As the genius he is, Bruce not only has mastered the martial arts, but the magics of the universe as well. Shortly after Doctor Nelson passes away at a very old age, Zatara inherits the Helm of Nabu. However, Bruce had just discovered the murderer of his parents AND Alfred, the sorcerer known as Felix Faust. After a ferocious duel which lasted hours, Bruce finally had Faust at his mercy, and killed him. Bruce began to laugh with a mysterious voice he had never heard before, his mouth seemed to grow disfigured as he smiled, and his face became pale, like a clown's. . .

The Premise:
    The Premise is that Batman has become a menace to the universe/multiverse after mastering the arts of magic. Some even whisper he's been taken over by The Joker. What you just read is the prologue of Batman's growing conquest of the multiverse. He rules Earth from Gotham, and everyone is looking for a way to stop him.

Character Creation:

Shout out for your original character OR cannon character.

If you have an original character:

Choose the character's:
    Name:
    Sex/Gender:
    Appearance:
    Powers And/Or Abilities:

Discord
    Dark Knight Of Fate
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-05-03 at 08:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Injustice: Dark Knight Of Fate (Interest Check/Recruiting)

The Discord link does not work for me. The premise sounds decent and straightforward offering a simple mission without many mysteries or mis-directions. Just defeat a magic wielding Batman who seeks to conquer the multiverse. If players don't have to discover what the true mission is after the introductory quest player character backstories and motives can be tied together more easily.

Any idea what system would be used?
    Last edited by Plaids; 2024-05-07 at 01:48 AM.
    Playing as Hercules in Marvel Cortex Game
    Playing as Jakk'ari in WOW M&M
    Playing as Dr. Kalispell Hagerty in SCP M&M
    Playing as Tavaris in the Crystal Cult

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I have an original character I wanted to play in a DCAU game- Frances Ivo, Amazo's Grand-daughter

Name: Kid Amazo
    Appearance: unremarkable
    Powers: Power Mimicry, Regeneration, latent telepathy (suppressed)
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    The Discord link does not work for me.
    Try this: https://discord.com/invite/DEghtjqH

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    The premise sounds decent and straightforward offering a simple mission without many mysteries or mis-directions. Just defeat a magic wielding Batman who seeks to conquer the multiverse. If players don't have to discover what the true mission is after the introductory quest player character backstories and motives can be tied together more easily.

Any idea what system would be used?
    It'll probably be free-form. Describing beating magic!batman as straightforward is exactly the sorta energy I like to see lol.

@arl

What kinda out the gate powerlevel you looking at? For non-ocs should they be from DC or can we see how another settings character might stack up?
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-05-07 at 04:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    Try this: https://discord.com/invite/DEghtjqH

It'll probably be free-form. Describing beating magic!batman as straightforward is exactly the sorta energy I like to see lol.

@arl

What kinda out the gate powerlevel you looking at? For non-ocs should they be from DC or can we see how another settings character might stack up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    I have an original character I wanted to play in a DCAU game- Frances Ivo, Amazo's Grand-daughter

Name: Kid Amazo
    Appearance: unremarkable
    Powers: Power Mimicry, Regeneration, latent telepathy (suppressed)
    FreeForm. As for other settings, I'm thinking that DC, or Marvel, maybe other Comics franchises. The power level, I'm thinking, starts out capped at Mountain level.

Kid Amazo looks good.