New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    I didn't know it actually made you sleep, I just assumed the medicine was augmented for sleep.
    Well apparently it's one of the only two forces in the world powerful enough to get me to take a nap. The other is, well, actually having a fever.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I wonder what happens if I do this...

*pours some decaf into Emmy's mug*

*sniggers*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Lies!

How do you manage to suck your beard up your nose while still a child? Some sort of wibbly-wobbly beardy-weirdy stuff?
    Well, that's what she said the morning after, but, y'know.

I also didn't know any kids that snored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

I find your lack of herring disturbing:

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I drew a picture of EternalCaffeine swimming in a cup of coffee last night, but then my GIMP decided to crash. It was a sad day.
    Shouldn't GIMP be keeping a healthy log of autosaves and temporary files?

If not, that sounds like a great loss for humanity indeed...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well apparently it's one of the only two forces in the world powerful enough to get me to take a nap. The other is, well, actually having a fever.
    For me, car rides/bus rides (but I don't think that the latter is a good idea) do it. It's so soothing. Like a massage chair, only you feel justified in purchasing it.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Shouldn't GIMP be keeping a healthy log of autosaves and temporary files?

If not, that sounds like a great loss for humanity indeed...
    It returned a much earlier version of the picture, so I couldn't be bothered doing it all over again. GIMP has done this to me 3-4 times since I started using it in 2008, so, I'm not complaining...
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #278

It returned a much earlier version of the picture, so I couldn't be bothered doing it all over again. GIMP has done this to me 3-4 times since I started using it in 2008, so, I'm not complaining...
    I'm going to get yelled at for saying this, but if GIMP keeps on giving you these problems you should probably hit it around a few times, show it you're the boss.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm going to get yelled at for saying this, but if GIMP keeps on giving you these problems you should probably hit it around a few times, show it you're the boss.
    If you've ever watched Pulp Fiction, LaZodiac's suggestion takes on whole new levels of wrong.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    If you've ever watched Pulp Fiction, LaZodiac's suggestion takes on whole new levels of wrong.
    You are the most correct person for bringing up Pulp Fiction at this moment.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    In case any of y'all were wondering: it is, in fact, a very bad idea to try to write a 5-page single-space paper in a single day while sick.
    Ouch, noted.
    Hope you feel better soon (though I am answering rather late, so perhaps you are already!).

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    So... I'm writing a story that I hope to get published (NOT the novella i won't shut up about - different one) and have gotten to the point where I need a professional editor.

I'm both giddy and incredibly nervous, largely because it's a huge step and I have no idea where to go now ._.
    Oh, nice.
    Luck be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I know duck tape makes any color and design, including bacon, but I have not seen duct tape companies make fancy tape.
    Duct tape companies really need to get on that idea. Fancy duct tape sounds totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eeee!
    Is cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Sadly, women also snore. Was most awkward to learn this. I thought it had something to do with men's beards getting sucked up their noses while they're asleep as a kid.
    I was shocked to discover that I do not snore.
    I must be the only one to not snore in my house and most of these others who live here are indeed women.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    How do you manage to suck your beard up your nose while still a child? Some sort of wibbly-wobbly beardy-weirdy stuff?
    It's the dwarvish blood in 'im is how 'e had a beard back then, ye see?
    So it must' been a whispy little wibbly-wobbly-beardy-weirdy.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Ahhh... nothing quite like the feeling of walking into class and discovering your teacher is holding the final exam a full week in advance with telling any of his students ^_^

Oh wait no that's actually terrible WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU, [REDACTED]?!
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Ahhh... nothing quite like the feeling of walking into class and discovering your teacher is holding the final exam a full week in advance with telling any of his students ^_^

Oh wait no that's actually terrible WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU, [REDACTED]?!
    Aren't final exam dates usually sort of scheduled months in advance? So that exactly this sort of thing doesn't happen? And so that students can, y'know, prepare?
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

14. - Top - End - #284

Naps are a baffling concept. People say how refreshing it is, but I feel the exact opposite. It's awful, makes me feel groggy and throws me off my sleep schedule. Napping is the worst.

Like Queen and video games it is a phenomenon I will never understand.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Aren't final exam dates usually sort of scheduled months in advance? So that exactly this sort of thing doesn't happen? And so that students can, y'know, prepare?
    Yes they are Apparently he never got the frakking memo.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Cat conflict

In my large wardrobe I have three wire baskets, in a frame about a yard high. The highest basket is fitted with a soft blanket; it was originally intended as a place to store bedsheets but soon remade into a cat bed. And both my cats like to sleep there. So today my younger cat, Nisse, wanted to sleep there but there was a problem - Alfons was already there. It was fascinating to watch the two handle this. First Nisse stared for a long time at Alfons, which had no effect whatsoever. Then he approached carefully and climbed up so his head was at the same level as Alfons's. Alfons looked at him calmly with a "I have the high ground Anakin" look on his face and after a while Nisse gave a short chirp and climbed down, then went out to the kitchen for some comfort food. He tried again, but again to no effect.

Last edited by Asta Kask; 2014-12-05 at 12:03 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

I have now learned firsthand why you don't trust WebMD. It suggested a simple cough from mucus leftover from being sick was a heart attack.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking

18. - Top - End - #288

I have now learned firsthand why you don't trust WebMD. It suggested a simple cough from mucus leftover from being sick was a heart attack.
    Hahaha...yeah. WebMD is like having a friend who knows way too much medical knowledge. Yeah it might be just a flu. Or you could have a benign brain tumor! Either or.

19. - Top - End - #289

-vidya-
    Holy hera, the dialogue in that scene. At least in Duel of the Fates they kept their traps shut.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Today I'm making parmesan for July and ciabatta for tonight. Should go nicely with salmon bisque.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

21. - Top - End - #291

Today I'm making parmesan for July and ciabatta for tonight. Should go nicely with salmon bisque.
    Who are you, Action Bronson, all of a sudden? I can't even make a pot of spaghetti.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Holy hera, the dialogue in that scene. At least in Duel of the Fates they kept their traps shut.
    I prefer the Darths and Droids version of that scene.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #294

I'm sorry?
    No. It's too late. You ruined it.

I prefer the Darths and Droids version of that scene.
    I don't know what that is, but never in my life have I so intensely disliked something from the title alone.

EDIT: Except possibly the band "The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die". Turned out they were excellent, so
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2014-12-05 at 06:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Cat conflict

In my large wardrobe I have three wire baskets, in a frame about a yard high. The highest basket is fitted with a soft blanket; it was originally intended as a place to store bedsheets but soon remade into a cat bed. And both my cats like to sleep there. So today my younger cat, Nisse, wanted to sleep there but there was a problem - Alfons was already there. It was fascinating to watch the two handle this. First Nisse stared for a long time at Alfons, which had no effect whatsoever. Then he approached carefully and climbed up so his head was at the same level as Alfons's. Alfons looked at him calmly with a "I have the high ground Anakin" look on his face and after a while Nisse gave a short chirp and climbed down, then went out to the kitchen for some comfort food. He tried again, but again to no effect.

Cat's are ridiculous.

Also I will never, not even once, be able to comprehend how someone could write "Only the Sith deal in absolutes, said the Jedi" and not realize the error that has been made.

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also I will never, not even once, be able to comprehend how someone could write "Only the Sith deal in absolutes, said the Jedi" and not realize the error that has been made.
    Those lines are such small potatoes.

Obi Wan: Emperor Palpatine is evil!
    Anakin: From my point of view the Jedi are evil!

There are thousands of ways to communicate this. Tens of thousands. How is it that he chose the most prosaic, undramatic, in-urgent one possible?

27. - Top - End - #297

There are thousands of ways to communicate this. Tens of thousands. How is it that he chose the most prosaic, undramatic, in-urgent one possible?
    I've never watched the prequels, so I never heard those lines. God, now I wish I hadn't. They sound like they were written by a 3rd grader.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what that is, but never in my life have I so intensely disliked something from the title alone.
    Darths and Droids. It's a webcomic inspired by DM of the Rings, which gives the same treatment to the Star Wars prequels. So imagine a group playing the Star Wars RPG using the actual movies as a plot, except this fictional group has never seen Star Wars.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It appears they're doing ALL SIX.
    Last edited by Razanir; 2014-12-05 at 08:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

No. It's too late. You ruined it.

EDIT: Except possibly the band "The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die". Turned out they were excellent, so
    It's a webcomic that tells the story of the Star Wars trilogy as if it were a DND campaign.

Turns out it explains SO MUCH about so MANY stupid things in the prequels.

How about THESE gems?

Medidroid: She's lost the will to live.

Padme: Anakin, you're breaking my heart!

Or how Anakin went from Paladin to mass murderer of children in 2 scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d
    I've never watched the prequels, so I never heard those lines. God, now I wish I hadn't. They sound like they were written by a 3rd grader.
    The prequel does SOME things right (Opera scene, anyone?) but yeah, you don't wanna watch these movies if you're any kind of fan of star wars.

Lucas manages to nail a lot of scenes that have no dialogue, but the problem is that he keeps putting in dialogue

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #300

The prequel does SOME things right (Opera scene, anyone?)
    Are you just saying that because Doug Walker said it?

Lucas manages to nail a lot of scenes that have no dialogue, but the problem is that he keeps putting in dialogue
    I think people kind of expect dumb dialogue from Star Wars. It's not Woody Allen, it's an opera. It's about big emotions, big gestures, grandeur and majesty. It's difficult to get that wrong, but Lucas pushed it a bit too much.

EDIT:

Anakin: I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough and it gets everywhere. Not like you. You're everything soft and smooth.

Checkmate!
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2014-12-05 at 08:27 PM.