Default Re: 2D8HP's extended mea culpa and Random Banter #218

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Slayer View Post
    Do zombies dreams of undead sheeps
    Nope. Vampires might.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Like I said, it's just my experience. The main point is, it doesn't seem to *reduce* the heat generated in any way?
    I think it can be explained by the curtains preventing the heat in the room from radiating back out the window again. And since the space between the curtain and the window probably is quite a lot hotter thanks to the sun, the room is going to continue heating up that way. Any locked in heat has to find other ways to escape.

To compare, if you want something heated by the desert sun, you put it in a black plastic bag, not a clear one.

That said, if you also open the window, the equation is going to be a little bit different.

I'm off to a church camp/retreat in the morning! So excited . . . hoping most of all to learn a lot and make connections with people . I'm trying not to get my hopes up unreasonably high (which is difficult).

I just really want to find some friends to share things with (and we can grow together). I have never had a friend who shares my faith and I really want one.

Whatever happens, I know there'll be good bits, and I've got so many butterflies in my stomach right now!
    Oo, I hope you'll have a lot of fun!

ION:
    I kinda need to have a real talk with someone who's capable to truly work ut my life situation. I've pretty much proven that I have no self-preservation instinct whatsoever when it comes to managing my work and sleep schedules, and the fact that I can maintain an acceptable performance even with several days of accumulated sleep deprivation isn't doing any wonders for me. Plus, it's quite noticable that the poor sleep does lock me out from my true potential. I had a problem I told my stakeholders I wouldn't have time to fix in the two weeks remaining before a release. I then overslept one morning, and proceeded to fix it in the span of just two days.

I just doubt I'd manage to convince my boss I should be allowed to oversleep every morning without cutting down on my salary...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Do zombies dreams of undead sheeps
    Zombies are the RESTLESS dead.

They don't sleep.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, when it's extremely hot and/or bright outside.

I can hear you wondering "what about curtains?"

I wonder that too.
    I might be too late, but good luck with this and I hope you have fun! Never went to one of these camps, but perhaps consider bringing an icebreaker like a deck of cards or a simple game?

FATE might do wonders with newbies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

I'm off to....
    ....now!

Hoping you have a wonderful time!

Also, I think Honest Tiefling gave Quill an inkwell balanced on the tail.

Very cool.

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I feel like I'm very well known in this forum.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I'll give you this much. This is true.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll give you this much. This is true.
    Really? How so?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Who're you again?
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Who're you again?
    He's the guy who posts threads.

I least two hours of sleep last night (reason belongs in other thread, bring going on for like four months), please send cups of tea.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #102

does the saying beauty in the eye of the beholder work in dnd?

does that means everyone is is ugly

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

It means the beholder thinks everyone is beautiful in their own way.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm off to a church camp/retreat in the morning! So excited . . . hoping most of all to learn a lot and make connections with people . I'm trying not to get my hopes up unreasonably high (which is difficult).

I just really want to find some friends to share things with (and we can grow together). I have never had a friend who shares my faith and I really want one.

Whatever happens, I know there'll be good bits, and I've got so many butterflies in my stomach right now!
    Spoiler: biblical factoids
    Show

*first sports game?
    Baseball
    Genesis: in the big inning
    *Moses played what sport?
    Tennis
    "Moses served in Pharaoh's court"
    *Shortest prophet was .. .. .. .. ..
    "Knee-high Miah"
    *first car in history?
    Honda Accord
    "All of the apostles were in one accord"
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It means the beholder thinks everyone is beautiful in their own way.

I seem to recall something on this . . . . .

Last edited by Insane Jeenyus; 2018-05-19 at 08:54 AM.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

16. - Top - End - #106

BlackDragon

Didn't they defeat a beholder using the beauty of a flower in that D&D cartoon from the 80s?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Didn't they defeat a beholder using the beauty of a flower in that D&D cartoon from the 80s?
    I need to rewatch that sometime soon. According to the stats in the DVD booklet, Venger should have wiped them all out in the first episode, though.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

18. - Top - End - #108

Really? How so?
    Like Anon Wizard said, you're the person who posts The Threads.

Anyway, I've got a very strange dream to share with all of you.

Spoiler: Someone please help I'm clearly insane
    Show
    I was watching a mixture of the Ice Age movies crossed over with a comedic super hero esque film starring Ben Stiller as a guy with fire powers and puppets are invovled, and this IS ased on a thing that is real I'm like 80% sure, but the connection it has to Ice Age is super tenious so I don't know if it was actually connected beyond there being a squirrell who does stuff in it. They were trying to get these bad guys out of their house who are from some other thing I've seen that I _swear_ is real but I cannot remember where a bunch of kids have super powers like being invisible and stuff. Also they have teenage mutant ninja turtles but instead of being anthromorphic they're just actually turtles who are mutants and probably teenagers but they don't do anything. He defeats them by stealing the two light capsules from the girl who has light controlling powers and smashing them together with his fire powers to cause a blinding light, then causing a mini nuclear reactor with the small nuclear reactor he was given in the first film to take away his powers if he wanted, causing a massive miniture nuclear reaction explosion which made everyone decide to leave and split the turtles into many smaller turtles.

Also this took place in my Grandma's apartment but also a large church with flowers that had a dew in them that let you adjust your powers strength. Also at some point during all of this I was playing a new Dark Souls game and I tried to help someone beat a boss but I ended up going into it solo and losing but almost doing it. The film ends with an after credit sequence that shows a penguin riding a mean blue whale that constantly freezes it under water to make sure it stays on him, and then a squirrel that ends up in some sort of dinosaur graveyard and after fighting off these weird rat things he ends up getting a thing stuck on his head which breaks to reveal a necromancer helmet and it implies that he's going to revive all the dinosaurs to fight in the next film.

And then the credits actually roll and it's this weird and trippy claustrophobic style thing where it's a bunch of raising and closing doors that you have to walk through, but mid way through it stops and switches to Ben Stiller's character walking through a movie set explaining how the credit roll works and we start hearing a rumble implying something is happening, and then we cut to a graveyard in the church the fighting happened in and there's a guy I've never seen reading an evil note left for him and deducing egyptians are involved but the person who wrote it is dumb and didn't use terms properly anyway so he doesn't suspect anything will happen from it. Then we cut to a bar where Lisa and Bart Simpson are watching an ad for the next movie, which is actually about puppets taking over the city with a dome and forcing everyone to be in a christmas movie. Then Bart throws away my garbage for me and I wake up.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Like Anon Wizard said, you're the person who posts The Threads.

Anyway, I've got a very strange dream to share with all of you.

Spoiler: Someone please help I'm clearly insane
    Show
    I was watching a mixture of the Ice Age movies crossed over with a comedic super hero esque film starring Ben Stiller as a guy with fire powers and puppets are invovled, and this IS ased on a thing that is real I'm like 80% sure, but the connection it has to Ice Age is super tenious so I don't know if it was actually connected beyond there being a squirrell who does stuff in it. They were trying to get these bad guys out of their house who are from some other thing I've seen that I _swear_ is real but I cannot remember where a bunch of kids have super powers like being invisible and stuff. Also they have teenage mutant ninja turtles but instead of being anthromorphic they're just actually turtles who are mutants and probably teenagers but they don't do anything. He defeats them by stealing the two light capsules from the girl who has light controlling powers and smashing them together with his fire powers to cause a blinding light, then causing a mini nuclear reactor with the small nuclear reactor he was given in the first film to take away his powers if he wanted, causing a massive miniture nuclear reaction explosion which made everyone decide to leave and split the turtles into many smaller turtles.

Also this took place in my Grandma's apartment but also a large church with flowers that had a dew in them that let you adjust your powers strength. Also at some point during all of this I was playing a new Dark Souls game and I tried to help someone beat a boss but I ended up going into it solo and losing but almost doing it. The film ends with an after credit sequence that shows a penguin riding a mean blue whale that constantly freezes it under water to make sure it stays on him, and then a squirrel that ends up in some sort of dinosaur graveyard and after fighting off these weird rat things he ends up getting a thing stuck on his head which breaks to reveal a necromancer helmet and it implies that he's going to revive all the dinosaurs to fight in the next film.

And then the credits actually roll and it's this weird and trippy claustrophobic style thing where it's a bunch of raising and closing doors that you have to walk through, but mid way through it stops and switches to Ben Stiller's character walking through a movie set explaining how the credit roll works and we start hearing a rumble implying something is happening, and then we cut to a graveyard in the church the fighting happened in and there's a guy I've never seen reading an evil note left for him and deducing egyptians are involved but the person who wrote it is dumb and didn't use terms properly anyway so he doesn't suspect anything will happen from it. Then we cut to a bar where Lisa and Bart Simpson are watching an ad for the next movie, which is actually about puppets taking over the city with a dome and forcing everyone to be in a christmas movie. Then Bart throws away my garbage for me and I wake up.
    In my experience, if you are just lucid enough to realise how nuts the dream is as it is going on, just sit back and enjoy the show.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    In my experience, if you are just lucid enough to realise how nuts the dream is as it is going on, just sit back and enjoy the show.
    I really wasn't though. It's only now that I realize it was kind of insane.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I really wasn't though. It's only now that I realize it was kind of insane.
    Honestly, in experience it's when the dreams start to get sane you have to be worried.

One of the few dreams I remember was really short, and remarkably sane. I woke up in my bed at 10:00, late for work so there was no point going in. I have no idea where that dream was going because I then woke up, a few minutes before my 7:00 alarm.

I'm honestly not sure if that dream is a better or worse sign than the ones where my ex visits me but forgets to bring clothes...
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

My dad dropped a wooden spoon, yelled at the constantly-nervous dog that she "stole his spoon" even while I was telling him that I saw him drop it, and then claimed "I never mess around" when my brother tried to assure me that he was just messing around.

EDIT: Apparently he wasn't yelling, or even talking in an angry voice. Never mind.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2018-05-19 at 01:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Honestly, in experience it's when the dreams start to get sane you have to be worried....

I hate those dreams that seem close to real life.

I always feel cheated that I'm not paid overtime for them!

Spoiler: Grumpy Ranger
    Show
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

The absolute worst dream I had:

There had been a very nasty situation with some people I had thought were friends. Details aren't particularly relevant, but basically there were a ton of accusations going around of stuff I hadn't done, I was being blamed because I wouldn't explain to anyone what was going on but also threatened if I did (not that I had any idea anyway), and it was a huge mess.

In the dream I said everything I wanted to say and everything I was told I couldn't say, and people listened and believed me and I had my friends back and got to go back to the clubs I'd been forced out of and such.

And then I woke up.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I need to rewatch that sometime soon. According to the stats in the DVD booklet, Venger should have wiped them all out in the first episode, though.
    Stats are not everything, by stats alone captain america would never stand a chance against comics foes Avengers face all the time, but he's more than the sum of his parts.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-05-19 at 05:16 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Stats are not all, by stats alone captain america would never stand a chance against comics foes Avengers face all the time, but he's more than the sum of his parts.
    Well yeah, but then he got on the 'roids...
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
    Well yeah, but then he got on the 'roids...
    Unless this is a joke you missed Abraham Erskine's point on why Steven Rogers was the only one who could be cap.

He has strength of character! Steve Rogers is respected by everyone, despite:

1-Not being the strongest.
    2-Not having any real power.
    3-Not being a scientist.
    4-Not being a god.
    5-Not being the king of one of the most advanced and rich nations on the planet.

And people respect him because he’s the first to protect others from any danger, he’s willing to sacrifice anything for his best friend. Caracters that are way more powerful than him, heave a sigh of relief when he arrives to fight. He’s always first in line, no matter who’s in front of him, no matter who’s behind him.

Beasts take orders from him; gods fight alongside him; geniuses admire him; kings respect him; enemies fear him because he is more powerful then the sum of his parts. He respects, he is a good leader and he acts to do what is really rigth no matter if that's againts what most people think is rigth.

Last edited by Amazon; 2018-05-19 at 06:25 PM.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Unless this is a joke you missed Abraham Erskine's point on why Steven Rogers was the only one who could be cap.
    It was a joke. Because the Super Soldier Serum acts like steroids do in the movies. But I think that Cap's strength of character would be represented in stats and abilities in a standard RPG.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
    It was a joke. Because the Super Soldier Serum acts like steroids do in the movies. But I think that Cap's strength of character would be represented in stats and abilities in a standard RPG.
    Not it doesn't, Red skull took the same serum. It boosts your attributes traits features and characteristics.

It's an instantaneous process that reveals what is truly inside the person without having to do any extra work.

If your evil you will get super evil (like Red skull). Because, he was already a monster deep down.

If you are good you will get stronger (like Steve). Because, he was already strong and a hero deep down.

Steroids they just make muscles grow faster and there are harmful side effects to your health, most people do it out of vanity or obsession. (Let me guess not all steroid users?)
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-05-19 at 06:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Not it doesn't, Red skull took the same serum. It boosts your attributes traits features and characteristics.

It's an istatinous process that reveal what is trully inside the person without having to do any extra work.

If your evil you will get super evil (like Red skull). Becuase he was already a monter deep down.

If you are good you will get stronger (like Steve). Becuase he was already strong and a hero deep down.

Steroids they just make muscles grow faster and there are harmful side effects to your health, most people do it out of vainity or obsession. (Let me guess not all steroid users?)
    Look I already explained the joke. Do I have to explain the joke twice? The joke is that when people in movies take steroids they immediately get giant muscles, the same way as Captain America did in the film. Hence the joke. Since you were talking about his stats being poor, the joke is that I assumed that you were talking about him prior to the serum, and then made a joke comparing the serum to steroids.

Also why did Red Skull get as strong as Cap if that's the case? Cause physically the effects were pretty much identical. Except for the skull thing, and Erskine says that was because he hadn't perfected the serum.