New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    From somewhere off in the distance:

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! AND NOW YOU'RE ALL DOOOOOOMED!"

Also, this is a nice little speedpaint.
    Cuddlepile

Spoiler
    Show
    A completely normal looking Blue Pegasus pony with blue hair notices the priest yelling. She yawns, woken up from her nap, and looks at the guy.

"What's the matter? Penguin loose in Gotham again?" she asks jokingly, rubbing her tired eyes. She gets up off of her tree branch and flies down to him.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    (Oh gosh-darn, I knew I was forgetting something! Sorry)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Right. I'm guessing magic. Hypothesis: Magic. Alternate hypothesises: haunting, possession, or made out of sentient metal." The unicorn stopped herself, "Right, sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. You say you're here to find out why you are alive? Or what's animating you? There's a battery of tests I can throw together but what are you trying to achieve?"
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Second Hand filled in the blanks on Igneous' form, hoping the waiver wouldn't be necessary, but in any case he didn't want the guard worrying about him all day long. Finishing with a little flourish, he turned back toward Tinker.

"Well, I guess I just want to know what makes me tick. I sort of guessed magic myself, but Dad told me about things like constructs and I don't think I'm one of them; I can make my own decisions, for starters." The look on the pegasus' face was a mixture of confusion, apprehension and hope, almost like the look of a foal awaiting their cutie mark. "I guess you should just run all the tests you need. I don't mind as long as it helps me figure things out."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Case in point: The character I'm currently using hasn't been used since thread 15 or so, and he only had about three posts when I did use him. If you want to jump in, go ahead.

And with that, have some pony:
    Spoiler
    Show

EXCESSIVE HNNNGGGGH DETECTED. REROUTING POWER TO EMERGENCY DRIVE. CONTAINMENT LEVELS CRITICAL. ALL HANDS ON DECK.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Cuddlepile

Spoiler
    Show
    A completely normal looking Blue Pegasus pony with blue hair notices the priest yelling. She yawns, woken up from her nap, and looks at the guy.

"What's the matter? Penguin loose in Gotham again?" she asks jokingly, rubbing her tired eyes. She gets up off of her tree branch and flies down to him.
    Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I think there's a succubus trying to eat that town over their, but I'm not entirely sure..." He stares intently into a small mirror balanced into his hoof. "I think she's trying to molest someone right... should I go back and see if anypony needs help?"

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I think there's a succubus trying to eat that town over their, but I'm not entirely sure..." He stares intently into a small mirror balanced into his hoof. "I think she's trying to molest someone right... should I go back and see if anypony needs help?"
    Cuddlepile

Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course! I'll come with you. If it's an evil Succubus, she needs to be brought to Justice and....Rehabilitated."

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm immune to mind control. Let's go back and help out anypony who needs it."

Now that she's closer up, she's clearly not a very normal Pegasus pony. Her mane and tail look like they're made of Tendrils rather than hair, and she has spikes on various places on her body. She's certainly a good pony though.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone got the Pony Hammer 40k crossover picture where they're all lined up for battle? I think it might have text on it, or be a poster or something?

I need it for...purposes.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Wait, you guys went through 30 pages without me realising? When did this happen?!?!?!

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Caster eh? Tell you what, as a mental exercise, how would you D&D-iffy Twilight to make her most effective while still show-accurate?

Also, have you seen this yet? Or this?

Does taking "magic" as a special talent make her a Munchkin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthteej View Post

Twilight Sparkle
    Chaos Mage 1/ Wizard 8

Spells Known: Dimension Door, Mage Hand, Telekinesis, Calm Emotions, Modify Memory, Rainbow Pattern, Charm Monster, Fly, Cloudwalk, Detect Gems,

Feats:Collegiate Mage(background), Spell Focus(teleknesis), Arcane Thesis(Telekinesis), Scribe Scroll(b), Quicken Spell(b), Improved Familiar(wyrmling),

Elements of Harmony (Su.): Twilight Sparkle posses the Major Artifact: Element of Magic. When in the presence of 5 other creatures who wield the Elements of Harmony, and are of Helpful disposition, she may cast the epic spell Magic of Friendship as a full round action. The Elements also bestow a +10 bonus to dispel and diplomacy checks made to snap a wielder out of a charm effect. Wielders also gain a +5 bonus against such an effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic of Friendship[EPIC]
    [I]Enchantment(Mind Affecting)(Good)
    Spellcraft DC:143
    Components:M, V,
    Casting Time: 1 full round action
    Range: 400 feet
    Area: One targeted creature
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resitance: No

This spell releases a torrent of rainbow colored energy that descends upon the target. The target's alignment is immediately changed to Neutral Good, and all spell effects on them are subject to an immediate dispel checks. Both caster and target are healed of all injuries, ability drain, ability damage, and negative levels. In addition, the target is subject to the effects of a programed amenesia spell.

Alternatively, the casters may choose to subject the target to effects identical to those of flesh to stone, plane shift, dimensional anchor, and or imprisonment spells.

Material Component: 6 Elements of Harmony

I can only attribute my missing this discussion from earlier to the speed of the thread and my... well job, but as someone who is actively using a Twilight Wizard build, I am taking notes on this

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Cuddlepile

Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course! I'll come with you. If it's an evil Succubus, she needs to be brought to Justice and....Rehabilitated."

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm immune to mind control. Let's go back and help out anypony who needs it."

Now that she's closer up, she's clearly not a very normal Pegasus pony. Her mane and tail look like they're made of Tendrils rather than hair, and she has spikes on various places on her body. She's certainly a good pony though.
    Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, well, that's good. It's just, there's a lot of them... and I feel like I don't really know very much about the situation going on in there!"

He looks at the blue pony. "You... seem to have spikes." He stops for a moment, looks around, than says "Is there, uh, any particular reason for that? I'm Candle Keeper, by the way. Oh! And you have tendrils. Any particular reasons for those? Not that you have to tell me anything, if you would prefer to keep it a secret! Not that I'm saying you have a secret, I'm just..." he trails off and stares at her imploringly.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-19 at 12:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, well, that's good. It's just, there's a lot of them... and I feel like I don't really know very much about the situation going on in there!"

He looks at the blue pony. "You... seem to have spikes." He stops for a moment, looks around, than says "Is there, uh, any particular reason for that? I'm Candle Keeper, by the way. Oh! And you have tendrils. Any particular reasons for those? Not that you have to tell me anything, if you would prefer to keep it a secret! Not that I'm saying you have a secret, I'm just..." he trails off and stares at her imploringly.
    Cuddle Pile

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, that's an odd irrelevant story. Here, I can look more normal if I need to."

She turns into a fairly normal Pegasus pony. Her mane and tail are now hair, and the spikes disappear.

"That better?" she asks as she starts slowly flying towards the cuddle pile.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Caster eh? Tell you what, as a mental exercise, how would you D&D-iffy Twilight to make her most effective while still show-accurate?

Also, have you seen this yet? Or this?

Does taking "magic" as a special talent make her a Munchkin?
    There goes my night.

Thank you for adding another webcomic to my already large reading list.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Gives Braz a pat on the head.*

That's close enough, right guys?

Am I still the straightman for the thread? I expressed interest in being that when I first joined and was afraid of you all.
    You know, I am very female and hugging me is a very straight thing to do. Ô.o
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    A Wild Braz Appeared!

Vent Uses Tacklegolomp!

Wild Braz can't escape now!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    There goes my night.

Thank you for adding another webcomic to my already large reading list.
    Unless if the world hates me (a distinct possibility) there are only 30 pages right now.

By the world hating me I mean something along the lines of the world hates me so it is preventing me from seeing more pages.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-10-19 at 12:37 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    A Wild Braz Appeared!

Vent Uses Tacklegolomp!

Wild Braz can't escape now!
    Oh noes!
    *struggle* *struggle*
    I love my filly~

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Crosspost from the MSPA forums:

FrostedWarlock:
    On a different note

Who wants to see an episode (or at least a fanfic) called "Dan Vs. Ponies"? Because I imagined one.

Synopsis I Imagined Up: Celestia and Twilight test out a reality-walking spell in an attempt to form relations with the people of Earth. They wind up thinking that Dan is the emmisary of the humans, and attempt to teach him about friendship. Dan will not have any of that.
    Is this the best idea, or the best idea?
    Cuddle Pile

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, that's an odd irrelevant story. Here, I can look more normal if I need to."

She turns into a fairly normal Pegasus pony. Her mane and tail are now hair, and the spikes disappear.

"That better?" she asks as she starts slowly flying towards the cuddle pile.
    Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "All right, so, here's the plan. Currently most of the town is hanging out over there with the succubus, and I'm pretty sure they'll beat the crap out of me if I come back. So, we need to isolate the succubus and then probably banish her, or maybe just talk to her. I haven't figured that part out yet."

"I have in my possession a small bomb. This bomb is not of the explosive sort, but of the smelly sort. It's seriously really, really smelly. So putrid, in fact, that anypony hit by this bomb will most likely drop whatever they are doing and go home to take a shower. Or a bath, I suppose it doesn't matter which." The priest starts trotting to keep up with the pegasus. "After they all go, we should be able to deal with the succubus.

Also, there's some kind of extreme succubus hanging around over there. I don't know much about her, but she threatened to make me fall in love with a gastropod, so she's probably bad news as well.

@Braz:
    ...sigh. Fine, I'll give you a hug. Treasure it, because you probably won't get another from this robot...

*Hugz.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-19 at 12:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He shrugs. "Maybe so... Not for the reasons you think..." He holds out a hoof to her. "Please, let me show you a better way."

(Not without some actual character sheets... And maybe an ST, but not really.

And not just because you're likely a far better optimizer than I am and you could make a character able to kick my ass 10 times in a single combat tick. )
    Spoiler
    Show
    "UGH." she doesn't take his hoof, and stamps in anger. "You're just as stupid as SHE is. I hate all you so-called heroes."

Spoilsport! OP FF combat is best combat.

I wasn't actually trying to creep anybody out. This is a bad thing, no? If you have advice, I'd like to hear it... (That goes for everyone else as well...)
    Creeped me out only because he invoked 'always evil' and that makes me want to punch someone. But it was him, and not you, so we're cool, yo.

Twilight Sparkle
    Chaos Mage 1/ Wizard 8

Spells Known: Dimension Door, Mage Hand, Telekinesis, Calm Emotions, Modify Memory, Rainbow Pattern, Charm Monster, Fly, Cloudwalk, Detect Gems,

Feats:Collegiate Mage(background), Spell Focus(teleknesis), Arcane Thesis(Telekinesis), Scribe Scroll(b), Quicken Spell(b), Improved Familiar(wyrmling),

Elements of Harmony (Su.): Twilight Sparkle posses the Major Artifact: Element of Magic. When in the presence of 5 other creatures who wield the Elements of Harmony, and are of Helpful disposition, she may cast the epic spell Magic of Friendship as a full round action. The Elements also bestow a +10 bonus to dispel and diplomacy checks made to snap a wielder out of a charm effect. Wielders also gain a +5 bonus against such an effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic of Friendship[EPIC]
    [I]Enchantment(Mind Affecting)(Good)
    Spellcraft DC:143
    Components:M, V,
    Casting Time: 1 full round action
    Range: 400 feet
    Area: One targeted creature
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resitance: No

This spell releases a torrent of rainbow colored energy that descends upon the target. The target's alignment is immediately changed to Neutral Good, and all spell effects on them are subject to an immediate dispel checks. Both caster and target are healed of all injuries, ability drain, ability damage, and negative levels. In addition, the target is subject to the effects of a programed amenesia spell.

Alternatively, the casters may choose to subject the target to effects identical to those of flesh to stone, plane shift, dimensional anchor, and or imprisonment spells.

Material Component: 6 Elements of Harmony
    Should be a focus, not a component, as the elements aren't used up. [/nitpick]

We also hunt down and kidnap bronies from smaller, weaker corners of the internet and drag them kicking and screaming through to here.
    ...can we do that? Is that a bad idea?

BRAZ!
    (tackleglomp)
    Hiiii. ^_^
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-10-19 at 12:40 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Cuddlepile
    Spoiler
    Show
    "All right, so, here's the plan. Currently most of the town is hanging out over there with the succubus, and I'm pretty sure they'll beat the crap out of me if I come back. So, we need to isolate the succubus and then probably banish her, or maybe just talk to her. I haven't figured that part out yet."

"I have in my possession a small bomb. This bomb is not of the explosive sort, but of the smelly sort. It's seriously really, really smelly. So putrid, in fact, that anypony hit by this bomb will most likely drop whatever they are doing and go home to take a shower. Or a bath, I suppose it doesn't matter which." The priest starts trotting to keep up with the pegasus. "After they all go, we should be able to deal with the succubus.

Also, there's some kind of extreme succubus hanging around over there. I don't know much about her, but she threatened to make me fall in love with a gastropod, so she's probably bad news as well.
    Cuddle Pile

Spoiler
    Show
    "Alright. If it becomes necessary, I'll bomb the big cuddle pile.

She takes the bomb, goes over to the big cuddle pile, and says in a very cheesy Voice

"'Ello 'ello what's all this then?"

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Unless if the world hates me (a distinct possibility) there are only 30 pages right now.

By the world hating me I mean something along the lines of the world hates me so it is preventing me from seeing more pages.
    Correction. It's 31 pages now.

19. - Top - End - #469

...sigh. Fine, I'll give you a hug. Treasure it, because you probably won't get another from this robot...

*Hugz.*
    Aww. It even has a 'z' in it~
    *treasures her very special robot-hugz*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

BRAZ!
    (tackleglomp)
    Hiiii. ^_^
    *treasures Lix too*
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-19 at 12:47 PM.
    I love my filly~

20. - Top - End - #470

My dear ponythread, I have a question.

Why is everything better in Russian?

This is like the third time this week I've randomly found a song I love that is greatly improved by Eastern European languages. I can't speak any of them, but they sound so awesome!
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

A short (?) biography of my new character.
    Spoiler
    Show

My name is Paladin.

I was born in a small, rather insignificant village, far from the aerial beauty of Cloudsdale, the regal splendour of Canterlot, or the teeming cityscape of Manehattan. My parents were (and still are) gentle and kind pegasi, without any need for luxury, and my foalhood was, I assume, rather normal. I had several friends (most of which I still keep in touch with today), and I was usually the boldest of us. Already at that age I remember admiring Princess Celestia and her stalwart guards.

One day a young (though still at least twice as large as any pony) dragon came upon our village in search of food, and it had decided ponies were suitable for that purpose. Since monsters rarely found themselves in those parts of the land we had no capable warriors, and thus nopony was foolish enough to try fight the beast. Except myself.

With a fool's courage I disobeyed my parents and charged the viridian beast, using my wings to boost my attack and striking the dragon on its side. This injured it, but it was far from defeated. It stuck me in turn with its razor-sharp claws, leaving a scar across my face that still mars it. Any sane colt would have retreated, but I was only enraged. It attacked again with both fire and claw, but I stood tall and kept on fighting it.

The fight itself did probably not last very long, but for me (and the other townsponies, I am sure) it felt like an eternity. Finally, battered but not critically injured, the dragon decided that us ponies were not worth the trouble and flew off. I, on the other hand, had been severely wounded, but those in the village with skill in healing made sure that I would not suffer any permanent damage (except the scar). By then I was unconscious, but when I woke up again I found myself with my cutie mark: a shield, for my special talent was to protect those I cared about against those who would seek to harm them.

Eventually word of my deed reached the ears of of greater individuals, and I was invited to begin training as a royal guard of Princess Celestia herself. Without even a second's hesitation I accepted, and my family and friends were all very happy for me. In return for losing their new protector the village was promised the immediate assistance of trained defenders should any other dark being threaten it, and so far this promise has been kept.

Royal Guard Academy is no joke, rest assured of that. In order to succeed you must prove yourself to possess great discipline and strength, both mental and physical. Ever dedicated, I eventually passed and was given the gilded armor to wear. This made me very proud, as serving my Princess and the nation of Equestria was everything I could wish for.

It was when Nightmare Moon returned from her millennial imprisonment I and my fellow guardsponies were faced with our first true trial. But despite our efforts the immortal evil easily swatted us aside, and it was then I was truly humbled for the first time. As you know the Six Companions then retrieved the Elements of Harmony and purified the enemy, returning her to her uncorrupted form as Princess Luna.

Now both angered at my own failure and inspired by the success of the Six, I wanted to make a difference. Again doing what few would probably have done, I spoke to Princess Celestia in person, asking her to make me an active agent, travelling the realm and finding and removing threats as they appeared. Of course, that would mean me spending less time in the glorious presence of Her Majesty, but I believed it would be worth it. In truth, part of the reason was to become a hero in her eyes instead of just another identity-less guard.

To my surprise, she appreciated my bold move and granted me my wish. A beauiful suit of armor was crafted for me (not something I requested, but very much something I appreciate), I dyed my mane in Her colors, and I flew away to protect. From that day I have vanquished many a beast preying on the innocent. Of couse I have not always been victorious, like when Discord unleashed his reign of terror and the Six again stepped in to seal him away again, but I do my best.

I follow the tenets of the Elements of Harmony to the best of my abilities, but I must admit I am having problems with laughter (mostly due to the rigid discipline required by the Guard). I do not want to become known as especially grim. Hopefully visiting Ponyville now and then will help out in that regard, it is a silly place.

I am Paladin, and I am a champion of the realm and its sovereign. If you seek to become an enemy of Equestria know that you will have to deal with me.

Now I just need to figure out how to get him into teh roleplaying.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-19 at 12:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

*treasures Lix too*
    ^_^
    (happynuzzles)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

He meant "straight man" in this sense: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_act

But I encourage hugging anyway!

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Correction. It's 31 pages now.
    My only reaction to you being so specific:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-10-19 at 12:52 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    He meant "straight man" in this sense: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_act

But I encourage hugging anyway!
    Hahah! Yeah, I figured he didn't mean the other way, but my joke skillz are awezome~
    I love my filly~

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Phoe seems to be in trouble over at EqD. Though at this point I don't know if the what's going on in the banner is trouble or 'trouble'.
    Shimmer is getting tied up. Everything is right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (Cuddles Vent)
    Yay! *Gleefully cuddles back*

Oh noes!
    *struggle* *struggle*
    Alright SiuiS, I've caught her. Um... now what?

Is this the best idea, or the best idea?
    Any Dan Vs. Ponies crossover is an excellent idea in my book!

I had a similar idea once, where Dan wakes up one morning as a pony. He finds out from Chris that The Hub is responsible for making Dan a pony because of FIM's popularity, and this causes Pony!Dan to swear revenge against The Hub, and perhaps bronies as well. But then we show him friendship; and Dan realizes, that that's all he really wanted... well, okay, not really on that last part.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Hahah! Yeah, I figured he didn't mean the other way, but my joke skillz are awezome~
    I failed my sense motive check and take 2d6 damage from embarrassment. D:

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    A short (?) biography of my new character.
    Spoiler
    Show

My name is Paladin.

I was born in a small, rather insignificant village, far from the aerial beauty of Cloudsdale, the regal splendour of Canterlot, or the teeming cityscape of Manehattan. My parents were (and still are) gentle and kind pegasi, without any need for luxury, and my foalhood was, I assume, rather normal. I had several friends (most of which I still keep in touch with today), and I was usually the boldest of us. Already at that age I remember admiring Princess Celestia and her stalwart guards.

One day a young (though still at least twice as large as any pony) dragon came upon our village in search of food, and it had decided ponies were suitable for that purpose. Since monsters rarely found themselves in those parts of the land we had no capable warriors, and thus nopony was foolish enough to try fight the beast. Except myself.

With a fool's courage I disobeyed my parents and charged the viridian beast, using my wings to boost my attack and striking the dragon on its side. This injured it, but it was far from defeated. It stuck me in turn with its razor-sharp claws, leaving a scar across my face that still mars it. Any sane colt would have retreated, but I was only enraged. It attacked again with both fire and claw, but I stood tall and kept on fighting it.

The fight itself did probably not last very long, but for me (and the other townsponies, I am sure) it felt like an eternity. Finally, battered but not critically injured, the dragon decided that us ponies were not worth the trouble and flew off. I, on the other hand, had been severely wounded, but those in the village with skill in healing made sure that I would not suffer any permanent damage (except the scar). By then I was unconscious, but when I woke up again I found myself with my cutie mark: a shield, for my special talent was to protect those I cared about against those who would seek to harm them.

Eventually word of my deed reached the ears of of greater individuals, and I was invited to begin training as a royal guard of Princess Celestia herself. Without even a second's hesitation I accepted, and my family and friends were all very happy for me. In return for losing their new protector the village was promised the immediate assistance of trained defenders should any other dark being threaten it, and so far this promise has been kept.

Royal Guard Academy is no joke, rest assured of that. In order to succeed you must prove yourself to possess great discipline and strength, both mental and physical. Ever dedicated, I eventually passed and was given the gilded armor to wear. This made me very proud, as serving my Princess and the nation of Equestria was everything I could wish for.

It was when Nightmare Moon returned from her millennial imprisonment I and my fellow guardsponies were faced with our first true trial. But despite our efforts the immortal evil easily swatted us aside, and it was then I was truly humbled for the first time. As you know the Six Companions then retrieved the Elements of Harmony and purified the enemy, returning her to her uncorrupted form as Princess Luna.

Now both angered at my own failure and inspired by the success of the Six, I wanted to make a difference. Again doing what few would probably have done, I spoke to Princess Celestia in person, asking her to make me an active agent, travelling the realm and finding and removing threats as they appeared. Of course, that would mean me spending less time in the glorious presence of Her Majesty, but I believed it would be worth it. In truth, part of the reason was to become a hero in her eyes instead of just another identity-less guard.

To my surprise, she appreciated my bold move and granted me my wish. A beauiful suit of armor was crafted for me (not something I requested, but very much something I appreciate), I dyed my mane in Her colors, and I flew away to protect. From that day I have vanquished many a beast preying on the innocent. Of couse I have not always been victorious, like when Discord unleashed his reign of terror and the Six again stepped in to seal him away again, but I do my best.

I follow the tenets of the Elements of Harmony to the best of my abilities, but I must admit I am having problems with laughter (mostly due to the rigid discipline required by the Guard). I do not want to become known as especially grim. Hopefully visiting Ponyville now and then will help out in that regard, it is a silly place.

I am Paladin, and I am a champion of the realm and its sovereign. If you seek to become an enemy of Equestria know that you will have to deal with me.

Now I just need to figure out how to get him into teh roleplaying.
    Now I feel like writing up the backstory of the priest guy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Candle Keeper was found outside an orphanage, where he spent most of his childhood. He was a very withdrawn colt, rarely talking or interacting with the other orphans, preferring to spend most of his time staring out the window, watching birds sing or animals go about their business. He looked forward to a quiet life as a candle maker, which was one of the few activities he enjoyed.

That changed when one day, while walking through the woods, he heard someone whispering to him. Referring to the voice as "his patron" Candle Keeper succeeded in freaking the rest of the orphanage out and, deciding his presence was doing more harm than good, decided to leave. Before he left, he snuck into the town's forge and smelted an odd amulet out of strange metal. This amulet, which had a rather disconcerting glow, only helped freak everyone else out even more. To encourage him to finally leave, they gave him an extremely nice travelling hooded greatcoat, which he has never taken off since he got. (It's rather less nice now.)

He's spent most of his life afterwards travelling the land, helping out people out with problems such as diseases, shortage of candles, or demonic entities from outside the bounds of realities. He'll occasionally show uncanny knowledge about what his going on, but more often than naught blunder around looking for problems. He also has a large collection of magical items he claimed to have built or enchanted himself; since he's an earth pony, most others simply disregard these statements.

29. - Top - End - #479

Sometimes I still can't get over how fast you ponies move. @_@

Also, if I've missed something directed specifically at me, feel free to PM it to me or something along those lines. I've been derping the past couple of days, and I'm afraid I missed one or two massive SiuiS quote posts. Because, you know, Godzilla can totally hide behind a two story apartment.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Be careful where you poke him at. Ponies do strange things when they are poked in their cutie marks!
    Yeah, really. Poor Jade over here's got another saying nopony has he-

"I know where you sleep. Wait. Aren't you supposed to be dead?

Oh righ- *Hurk*

Hehehe. Alright, here we go.

Really? I never knew that. *Avoids poking own cutie mark*
    Doitfilly! You know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Me?

I'm just PEACHY.
    ...Eep. *Hides from the scary Twilight*

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Nightmare Night is coming up.

Nightmare Night means it's time for scary things.

Crazy Twilight is awfully disturbing.

Hence, everypony is crazy Twilight. It comes with an optional voice in your head.

A voice that helps to solve your problems!
    Hey, that voice was optional?! Howcome nopony told me?

Hush up you. Look. That's a problem. Go fix it.

Don't wannnaaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "But that would just make it naughtier."
    Spoiler
    Show
    You say that like it's a bad thing!

Midnight's Cuddle Pile
    Spoiler
    Show

So at school today I spent a lot of time thinking about that pony in priest's robes. I'm going to re-describe him in the following spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He isn't wearing robes so much as an old, tattered, hooded coat, that gives off a faintly priestly (?) air. Around his neck his a faintly glowing old necklace. He's light grey-ish blue. His mane is black and stringy, giving him a slightly off balance look. This is not helped by eyes, which are quite small for a ponies.

Oh my gosh! You ponies must all be mind-controlled! The pony looks at Midnight. I see what your up to, you diabolical succubus! Your going to eat their souls, and then possibly eat their bodies as well! Well, it's not going to happen today! Although his words are confident, he gives off an aura of nervousness and manic excitement.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Nopony in here's mind controlled. Loosen up, hop in! The mares are fine!

AAAGH SO MANY BAD PUNS I LOVE IT.

Midnight's cuddle pile
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait a second... just how many of you are in that pile anyway! The pony looks vaguely disconcerted as he pulls out metal canister.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I lost count somewhere around fifteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Okay, I think its a tie between " DragonShy" and the ever loved season premier. If you dont mind seeing episodes out of order, the three new episodes have all been solid. However, stick with Dragonshy or Boast Busters.
    Both are fine to watch without seeing the others before it, being mostly self contained like most episodes.
    Personally I watched them in order, and that's what I recommend if the person you're showing them to isn't really all that skeptical or has an open mind. However, if they don't, I'd pick one based on their personalities. My friends, I'd generally pick something like Party of One, Sonic Rainboom, or the latest episode. Notice a pattern, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Wait, they have conventions in Nashua now? I'm so jealous.
    Yeah. It's at about two thousand people. They're moving from the Radisson in Nashua to the Radisson in Manchester next year though. You should come! So many Bronies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I have been challenged to do an Arkham Horror Expansion based on My Little Pony.

Standing in my way is my complete and total lack of knowledge about the show.

THis seemed like a good place to start asking stuff.
    You sure picked the right place. Although personally I would recommend just watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    "At least you didn't have to share an interior wall with their bedroom when you were growing up!"
    I am so sorry for you Midnight. Nopony wants to hear that from their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    FiM won an award for best animated series at CableFAX.

I think this calls for a party.
    A party! *Cue "Party with Pinkie"*

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Wow, I'm glad I watched the new episode today. I was almost *gasp* TARDY with watching ponies.
    How could you?!?

Tardy!
    Tardy!
    Tardy!

Celestia color edit to follow, then more quotewall working.
    It was then that I realized that when I finally get to SiuiS's quote wall life is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Dear Ponythread,
    I am in desperate need of cheering up, for reasons I can't really discuss.
    Please help! Um... if that's okay with you.
    *Pounces, snuggles, and hugs. Tight.*

I would like to see a G4 Smooze. Season 3 villain, anyone?
    (Not the Smooze itself, but some sort of wizard (prefarable goat) who summons it in the attempt to take out Equestria.
    This would actually be cool to watch. The villains were some of the few good things from G1, let's bring em' back. :P

Beeskee! Day late because of reasons, but;

Spoiler
    Show

Brazen Shield / Midnightmaregan / Starry Notions hug for you.
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. Beeskee, you lucky colt.

Hey, a thread for one of my favourite shows. Let's check it out!

O.O

O____O

You're all crazy and I'm going back to the regular GiTP now.
    Get back here you can not escape the Ponysanity!
    It really grows on you.

You'll never escape us now...

One of us... One of us... One of us!

Unrelated; I want this man's pet.

Spoiler
    Show

I think I could take him.
    ...For Twilight? Yes. Yes I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I was only gone for like...six hours, and six pages appeared. You ponies are freakishly (in a good way) quick about posting, aren't ya? o.o
    We're just good like that. This is actually about an average speed for Ponythread; I have seen us go a LOT faster.

And now I'm going to go off and stat Discord. Should be up in a day or two.
    I can't wait to see this.

Somepony let me know if I should "spoiler" this picture. I figured it would be okay, but am always open to contrustive criticism.
    OMGOMGBRAZWELCOMEBACK. *Pouncehug*

I just joined and statted out Twilight Sparkle, weird arguments are flying left and right, there was something about someone summoning and eldritch being, and Pinkie Pie is best pony. Any questions?
    Nope! You've got it all covered. Except Applejack is best pony.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    The Modguin: One topic, one thread. Threads merged.
    ...That explains why we gained so many pages in one night. Alright then! Welcome, all new posters! Please refer to crazy Pinkie above for your greeting as well!

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight pouts a little as the other pony goes fleeing off into the sunset.

"Aww. Well, we may have stopped him from bothering us, but I was hoping he'd join us! That's kind of sad. Well, we'll just have to work on it for next time!"

She giggles, and realizing she's spent too much time out of the cuddle pile, promptly dives back into it!
    Yay! Jade immediately attempts to capitalize on the re-introduced pony's cuddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    This RP thing is making me uncertain. I do love to roleplay, and I made myself a ponytar (well, edited from a Pony Creator one, but still), but I really don't know if it is even possible to get into role-playing that's been going on for 27 threads already. Hm...
    I joined in thread 14, and started RPing in thread... 23? 24? Just hop in when you see an opportunity your character would fit in. And even if he doesn't fit, we'll make him fit.

Glee! I'm literally about to run out the door, and so I checked the thread one last time (I'm like that), and there's this! I is so happy! *dances*
    I'm like that too, don't worry. I usually tend to pull my desktop out of sleep mode to check how many pages Ponythread has gained and how many new EqD posts I have to go through right before I run out the door for work. If I didn't have time to post from work I'd get up an hour earlier to read them all too.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Wait, you guys went through 30 pages without me realising? When did this happen?!?!?!
    Overnight! We kind of do that sometimes.

...*Snickers*
    Not in my case!
    Shut up you.
    Aww...
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-19 at 01:16 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

30. - Top - End - #480

Hello everybody. While I don't consider myself part of the herd, I do quite like the series.

I don't have anything meaningful to add to the ongoing discussion, because reading 16 pages of text isn't something I have the time for at this moment.
    I do have a tiny bit of art to add though:

If you're ever doing a Star Trek/MLP crossover, feel free to use the design.