New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1519
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 51

Wandering the Streets

Lexington, Space Dinosaur Wizard and holder of the title of LDK's Craziest Character Concept (so far), has apparently survived the collapse of the last topic he was in, and is currently walking casually down the streets of Inside and very much enjoying the fact that he can do so.
    The seven-plus foot allosaur is just walking around, dragon-like ears twitching occasionally and ignoring the beep or two from his wrist computer.

Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outdoor Markets]

"Oh you're a summoner too! That's awesome!"

"Your summon is so much cooler than mine though." At least 20% cooler.

Deadtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outdoor Markets]

Hadlin shrugs, "It's a Cath Flidais. they're neither that powerful or that hard to summon. What pacts have you made?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Fairview Hotel, located in the Blue Zone]

Andy stands in front of the Hotel. He looks back down on his note. 'Short Term Employement' was mentioned on the WALL. It sounds very dangerouse, but he is able to defend himself. In best case he might be able to expand his knowledge.

He puts the note back into one of the Labcoat's pockets he currently wears. Andy pass through the glass door. His hair rumple up by the blower, which keeps the cold outside. He needs a moment to fix his hair and then heads for the Front Desk.

"Excuse me. I'm here for the Short Term Employement for a person of a scientific mind. Can you tell me where I need to go?"

[DMC 2.0]

Mia press another button and in an instant the dagger returns to it's fluid form.

"That depends. If they really need them it may need a bot until I got enougth to help them. These guys are high intelligent, but they need time."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    [Crapsaccharine World Lane]

"True. Alright, I suppose we could do with our own private Igor. There's only so many zeroes they could ask for on a paycheck. Skyside's gonna be a rough place, though. No cops. You sure you want to do this?" He neglects to mention he sent in a Partner application a little while ago. He's not about to bring it up unless he actually gets the position. If he can swing it, then it wouldn't really be an issue. If not, then Arthur will need to settle for at least setting them better than the average joe on the street.

Why am I thinking of packing up and leaving for Skyside, anyways? So it's got less restrictions on...well, everything. And no Council to screw things up. If things go bad, I can always come home, but I just got that apartment.

"Of course. Haven't you ever dreamed of living on your own 'Castle on a Cloud'?"
    Willow asks, humming the song from Les Miserables. I think Willow has some serious Princess issues. "Shall we advertise on the Wall?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Andy stands in front of the Hotel. He looks back down on his note. 'Short Term Employement' was mentioned on the WALL. It sounds very dangerouse, but he is able to defend himself. In best case he might be able to expand his knowledge.

He puts the note back into one of the Labcoat's pockets he currently wears. Andy pass through the glass door. His hair rumple up by the blower, which keeps the cold outside. He needs a moment to fix his hair and then heads for the Front Desk.

"Excuse me. I'm here for the Short Term Employement for a person of a scientific mind. Can you tell me where I need to go?"
    The receptionist looks up at Andy.

"Ah, so you're here to see Mr. Stewart. Suite 24, floor 5."

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Outdoor Markets]

Hadlin shrugs, "It's a Cath Flidais. they're neither that powerful or that hard to summon. What pacts have you made?"
    [Outdoor Markets]

"Pacts? Ummm... just 1, I guess? He's kinda useless too. Stand back..." Vincent says, settling into an active pose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Crapsaccharine World Lane]

Undoubtedly. Arthur seems to be picking up on that little fact. "Not...really?" 'Castles' were traditionally military fortresses. Arthur's done a bit of research into such matters. He never saw himself as a feudal warlord, and he's not about to start now. "Wallvertising sounds good, though. Let's do that. I'll start writing the ad. We want multiple exclamation points or no?"
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Crapsaccharine World Lane

Willow ponders. "No more than two, I think."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1180

"Thank you." Andy responds and heads fot said Suite.

He makes sure that he is in the right floor and knocks on the door with the number 24 on it. Stewart? he asks himlef in mind. Never heared that name before.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gothic Rooftop]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Damn indeed," the superhero says, not missing a beat and keeping a friendly attitude. "Hi there, I'm Young Star. You already know Calvin. Calvin here says you and your pals have been messing with him, and I've seen a bit of it first hand. Why are you guys causing him so much trouble?" He asks like a teacher talking to a grade schooler.
    The mage looks between Young Star and Calvin and then smiles. "Calvin there is a dangerous young man. He is his uncles first and strongest line of defense. Without Calvin his uncle, John Witt, is vulnerable. Don't you know who you are helping?"

Calvin is watching Young Star carefully, seeing how he reacts to he mages words. His muscles tighten and his posture slightly changes, ready for a fight. His breathing steady and calm. He really just wants to shut this mage up, but he doubts he could just get by Young Star. His uncle was right saying it was a mistake to bring the hero, he should have just done this by himself.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

12. - Top - End - #1182

"Thank you." Andy responds and heads fot said Suite.

He makes sure that he is in the right floor and knocks on the door with the number 24 on it. Stewart? he asks himlef in mind. Never heared that name before.
    The door revealing someone in a suit of armor.

A scientific mind you hold,
    and you come here so bold.
    Mr Steward is waiting inside,
    so there is no need to hide.

The suit of armor moves away from the door, giving Andy access to the suite.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Andy looks a bit confused at the suit, but doesn't bother more. He heads inside, looking for the person called Mr. Steward. The helm hangin on his side rumbels up and down as he steps forward.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Red Zone- Rooftops

The first chest contains a large assortment of advanced electrical components. Despite the fact that they are probably five or ten years ahead of Earth, they look like they have been sitting here for about twenty.

The second chest contains lots of tissue paper and a small derringer, though there's no ammunition and it is currently unloaded.

The third chest has a small satin bag containing a fire opal hidden amongst a collection of broken toys.

The fourth chest has a posh black tophat that looks as good as new. It helps whomever wears it be more persuasive, though also more likely to have an argument.

The fifth chest contains the sounds of a funfair, which quickly leak out when it is opened.

The sixth chest is the coffin of a mummified cat's corpse with a ruby-encrusted collar about its neck and a small pearl earring in its left ear.

The seventh chest is empty besides an ornate pen placed carefully in the centre of a pentagram surrounded by mystic-looking symbols. Both the symbols and the pentagram give off a faint orange light.
    Samantha is happy to take the contents of the first five chests, but finds the others rather disturbing. And likely magical in some fashion, which she can't deal with. So rather than disturb them, she'll take the chests themselves, if possible.

Either way, though, she heads deeper in after loading up, if possible, looking around carefully.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    From Bad to Wormholes

Krayger smiles. Which looks a bit awkward given his facial structure, but it's not that bad, surprisingly.
    "I'll keep it for the entertainment value if nothing else. Find me if you need anything, then. I don't have a phone or anything yet, but minotaurs are rare enough around here that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding me."
    " I hope you do well my friend, just try not to fight wizards when you aren't prepared." He said smiling

He turned to Krayger " Shall we be going then."
    The New age Highlander

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

From Bad to Wormholes

Sure, I suppose.
    And the going will then commence unless Dabar has anything else to add.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #1187

Andy looks a bit confused at the suit, but doesn't bother more. He heads inside, looking for the person called Mr. Steward. The helm hangin on his side rumbels up and down as he steps forward.
    Sitting in a wheelchair is a man with a gasmask. The suit of armor walks over to him, leans closer while the man whisper to it, and straightens.

You are here about the ad,
    So what scientific skills to do you have?
    So says, Mr Steward.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

The following scene was done over a chat while the site was down.
    Ghar = Gulaghar
    LostDeep = Lost_Deep
    Rueben = Slii Arhem
    Shadowcaller = Shadowcaller

[Sightseeing]

Spoiler
    Show
    <Shadowcaller> "So what do want to see? We got Trog's, Black Dragon's Den and uh... like temples and cool buildings?" Irena asks.
    <Shadowcaller> "There must be something."

<Ghar> "Well I don't want to bring Eliseo to a bar, so the first two are out. I hear there's this big, old time market in the city. We could check that out." Nadia touched the baby's hand when she mentions him.

<Shadowcaller> Man, that baby is such a buzz kill. All the places with alcohol are taken! "Uh, sure I guess. Your wish is my command."
    <Shadowcaller> Irena will then proceed to lead Nadia to the market place. Hopefully this would be more exciting than just randomly walking the streets.

<Ghar> Nadia chuckles at Irena as she walks with her. The market is some ways away, so they probably take the Riftline most of the way there. When they do arrive, they find that marketplace bustling with the Nexus' usual variety of people. Stands line the streets, the wares as varied as those buying them. They could probably get lost here for hours if they let themselves. "This actually looks really cool." The lampades says, looking at her fiancée to see what she thinks.

<Shadowcaller> "You mean me or the wares?" Irena replies with a grin, summoning a shadow dagger in her hand which she spins around before dismissing once again. The pain was totally worth the coolness factor!

<Ghar> Nadia rolls her eyes amusedly. Irena is ridiculous. "Both of course, but I was talking about the wares."

<Shadowcaller> "You could be as cool as me one day Nadia." Irena replies. "You just got to practice those cool water powers you have." The witch nods.

<Ghar> "But then I might steal your thunder. We wouldn't want that. I mean, water powers are pretty dang cool. I would probably overshadow you." She says with a wink.

<Shadowcaller> "Pffh, you would be pretty hot in a Katara costume though." Irena observes, looking at her fiancee. "But anyway, you want to buy anything? Point at it and it's yours."

<Ghar> "I assume that's from one of your shows?" Nadia always has such trouble keeping track of any of the characters for all the shows Irena watches. She does seem to recall someone with water powers though. "Let's just browse and see if we find anything interesting."

<LostDeep> To one side is a somewhat small shop, really only notable for the sign, that is glowing magically: Mystique Physique. The pictures in the front window are of a variety of people, ranging from average-looking to rather attractive... actually, these are before and after photos.
    <LostDeep> This shop seems to boast of a number of radical makeovers, as it were.

<Shadowcaller> "Seeing anything?" Irena idly wonders.
    <Shadowcaller> "And yes, it's avatar the last airbender. Duh."
    <Shadowcaller> "Even you must have at least heard of it."

<Ghar> "Oh right. You were watching that the other day, right?" She remembers sitting in front of the TV too, but she was paying more attention to Eliseo than what was on.
    <Ghar> The sign of the show catches her eye. "That place looks interesting. Not that I think you need a makeover." She grins at Irena.

<Shadowcaller> Irena shrugs. "We can check it out of you like." She wasn't sure why Nadia were interested in it though, she had gotten so many "makeovers" lately with the whole familiar thing. Then again she hadn't understood why Nadia had wanted to be a familiar either. But she did make a pretty hot catgirl. <.<
    <Shadowcaller> She will open the door for Nadia if she likes to enter.

<Ghar> "Let's take a look then. Maybe they do some smaller things than full makeovers."

<Shadowcaller> Irena shrugs again. She wasn't all that concerned about her own appearance. She did like short hair though. "Let's look around then."

<LostDeep> The inside is not dissimilar to, oddly enough, a small doctor's office. There is a waiting room, some potted plants... the main thing that's unusual from that comparison is that there are a pair of purple, tentacle-haired woman manning a counter with display cases built in.
    <LostDeep> The display cases are full of trinkets; rings, earrings, wrist bands, necklaces.
    <LostDeep> None of it looks very expensive...
    <LostDeep> However, If either of them can sense magic, they'll be able to feel that every one of the items is magical.

<Shadowcaller> Irena can't sense magic!

<LostDeep> One woman is currently talking to a vulcan about stomach lesions (ew) but the other looks up as they walk in and waves them over

<Ghar> Nadia glances at the displays, but she doesn't take too much note of their contents. She has no ability to pick up on magic. Instead, she leads the way to the counter.
    <Ghar> "Hey, I was wondering if you had any sort of, um, smaller options. Like, I don't know if I'm interested in a complete makeover." Though honestly, the idea is a bit tempting.

<Shadowcaller> Irena is just there, waiting to pay for anything Nadia were interested in.

<LostDeep> "Welcome to mystique boutique, and yes, we do. We sell a number of modifications, either permanent or non-permanent. What might you be interested in?"

<Ghar> "Well I don't really know what sort of options you have." Nadia says. She takes Eliseo out of his carrier and hands him to Irena to hold.

<LostDeep> "We're a magic body modification shop. We're an alternative to elective surgery with less risks, and sell potions and accessories with special effects not commonly found at magical goods stores."
    <LostDeep> "We can make effects permanent, or temporary, and we also will genetically sequence you for a fee, looking for any notable genes."

<Ghar> "Genetically sequence me? Could you explain that a bit more?" She's note sure why that's something she might want.

<LostDeep> "Examine your DNA for anything notable. The traditional reasons are tendency for heart disease or cancer, whether you're carrying any genetic diseases, estimate your lifespan, etc. Not a really big concern for most folks, but we do it moderately cheap and pretty fast."

<Shadowcaller> "I'm pretty sure my genes are awesome already, no need to check."

<Ghar> Well she can't really think of any body modifications she'd want. Even temporary ones. But maybe this gene sequencing thing will be interesting.
    <Ghar> Nadia gives Irena an amused look before saying. "Sure, let's do the gene sequencing."

<Shadowcaller> "You heard the lady, do whatever. I'll pay."

<LostDeep> "Well, sequencing isn't really a good gift... it takes about a week, and it usually only brings bad news. It is fairly cheap, though, the way we do it, so if you want to do it all I need is for you to pay and give me a bit of your... hair?"
    <LostDeep> The woman eyes Nadia's water hair, confused.
    <LostDeep> "You've had magic hair this whole time."
    <LostDeep> "And I didn't even notice."

<Shadowcaller> "Nothing else you want Nadia?" Irena asks. Sounded like a pretty boring blood test

<LostDeep> "There are a few things I have that are popular among mothers..." The woman offers.

<Ghar> Nadia chuckles. "Yes, I guess magic hair is a good way to put it." She glances at Irena. Hrm... "Oh, sure. What would those be?" She asks curiously.

<LostDeep> "Let me see... for the more normal items, there's endurance, light sleeping to no sleep required, and better hearing."
    <LostDeep> "For more... extreme measures, we have items that will give you two more arms when worn."
    <LostDeep> "Two things: the four arms thing is very expensive, and no, we do not have patience in a bottle."

<Shadowcaller> "Pffh, Nadia is already a super-mom, she doesn't need anything like that. Do you have anything for babies?"

<LostDeep> "Er... for babies?"

<Shadowcaller> "Yeah, babies." Irena replies with a smile.
    <Shadowcaller> She looks pretty amused.

<Ghar> Nadia gives Irena a disapproving look. "I'm sure that'd be a bad idea even if they did offer anything like that." Little bit of protectiveness there.

<LostDeep> "We have things, yes, we can alter his growth in most any way, but... you know, moral issues."
    <LostDeep> "Yeah."

<Shadowcaller> "I was just curious!"
    <Shadowcaller> "And kidding."
    <Shadowcaller> "Besides, it's a god-baby. I'm pretty sure it's immune. Or something."

<LostDeep> "If you were really interested, I would have to send you straight to the top... that's how serious that would be."

<Ghar> "No, that's fine. We're not interested in anything like that." Nadia says. "Enhanced hearing might be handy though."

<Shadowcaller> "I dunno about that. I snore." The witch jokes. "But if you want it, it's yours."

<Ghar> "I've noticed, that's why I'm not thinking about light sleeping." Nadia giggles.

<Shadowcaller> Irena smiles widely before turning to the shopkeeper. "So how does the enchantment thing work?"

<LostDeep> "Hearing is a popular one," The woman states and pulls out a laser pointer. She uses it to point out a pair of earrings in the glass. "It commonly comes in simple, small earrings, for obvious reasons, but we can enchant anything with almost anything. As long as you wear it, your hearing will be notably better."

<Shadowcaller> "Huh, that's pretty cool."

<LostDeep> "If you want to save some money and only get a one-time boost, we also carry potions."

<Ghar> "That's actually a really good idea." So it's an item then. That's handy. "I think I'll get a pair of the earrings."

<Shadowcaller> "Any more items you like Nadia?"

<LostDeep> "Okay. A normal pair would be..." The cost is about what you would expect of a magical item. That is, not cheap. However, the earrings are made out of common materials, something that does help make them a bit cheaper...

<Ghar> "No, I think just those would be good." Nadia blinks at the price a little, but they are filthy, skinking rich. "That sounds fine by me." She glances at Irena.

<Shadowcaller> Irena just puts her credit card on the counter.

<LostDeep> The woman will scan the card, approve it, and get a pair of the earrings from under the counter.
    <LostDeep> "There you go have a nice day!"

<Ghar> Nadia takes the earrings and slips them into her bag. "Thank you very much." She says.

<Shadowcaller> Irena gives the lady the thumbs up and will then leave with Nadia. "So where now? You got earrings, maybe you want some piercing with that?"

<Ghar> "Heh, yes. It's been ages since I got my ears pierced. When I was still in high school."

<Shadowcaller> "I'm not talking about that kind of piercing. Maybe something for your nose?" Irena suggests with a smile.

<Ghar> Nadia raises an eyebrow. "Really? You'd think that'd be a good idea. I can't tell if you're joking or not."

<Shadowcaller> The witch shrugs. "Hey if you want to get your nose pierced, I wouldn't protest."

<Ghar> "Well not really. Especially not with Eliseo so grabby." Besides, how would that work if she ended up turning into a cat again?

<Shadowcaller> Irena haven't really considered this. "Right, so what about some new clothes eh?"
    <Shadowcaller> "Or is there anything else that you might take fancy of?"

<Ghar> "Some new clothes might be nice." Nadia gives Irena a sly look. "Were you thinking anything in particular?"

<Shadowcaller> The witch shrugs, but can't help but to smile a bit. "Hey, you know me. I was thinking something you could wear in public."
    <Shadowcaller> "Not any of the clothes you buy for private use."

<Ghar> "Are you sure I know you? Though you do seem more interested in me without those clothes." Nadia laughs. "But okay, some normal clothes. Maybe we'll find something interesting here that we wouldn't find in a normal clothes store."

<Shadowcaller> "I like the way you think. Maybe clothes that you can make disappear in a instant."

<Ghar> "I'm not sure I was thinking anything like that, but sure."

<Shadowcaller> Irena laughs. "We'll see." She replies with a wink.

<Rueben> As they exit the shop, Irena and Nadia might stumble across a smiling little girl staring up at them between blonde bangs.
    <Rueben> Of course, they don't. Instead they stumble across what looks like that, only very obviously different at a second glance.
    <Rueben> The obviously synthetic little-girl-analogue smiles up at them, since the expression is quite literally painted onto her face. Her eyes light up in rhythm to her words as she speaks.
    <Rueben> "Hellooooo~ Miss Niceladies! I am Comp-chan! Would you like a little sister?"

<Ghar> Nadia indeed notices the little girl. "Hello the-" Nadia cuts off when she notices that the girl is rather... odd. "Hello. Um, I'm sorry? What do you mean?" Well this is bizarre.

<Shadowcaller> "Chan? Are you from japan or something?" Creepy girl warning!

<Rueben> "No! I am from the Nexus! My name is Comp-chan!" She seems to have trouble addressing multiple questions in a row, disregarding Nadia's entirely after hearing and processing Irena's.

<Ghar> Nadia looks at Irena. Yep, totally weird. "Well it's nice to meet you, Comp-chan." She says politely.

<Rueben> "It's nice to meet you too! What's your name(s)?" There's an audible pause between the word and the accompanying S.

<Shadowcaller> Oh geez, did she have to be so polite to everyone? This girl was totally going to walk out of their television set or something. "Eh... Irena? Look, what do you want from us? I don't want any little sisters."

<Ghar> "I'm Nadia." She frowns a little at Irena's bluntness.

<Rueben> Comp-chan doesn't visibly wilt, but if she wasn't completely synthetic and not programmed to show any negative emotions, now would be the time for her to do so, There's a brief mechanical whine that might be mistaken for an "Awww..." Before she responds.
    <Rueben> "I want to be your sister! But if you don't want me, that's okay." She turns fully to Nadia, "Hellooooo Miss Nadia! Do you want to have a little sister?"

<Ghar> "I'm sorry, but I don't need a little sister either."

<Shadowcaller> Irena scratches her head. "Wait, what do you mean by "sister"?"

<Rueben> "A familial relation that is A: female in form or mindset and B: connected to you by shared parentage or adoption! That is the definition of a sister Miss Irena! Would you like to know any more words?"

<Shadowcaller> "Hey, I think she might be some sort of robot. What's... 89x57?"

<Ghar> "Irena." Nadia says in a warning tone. Nadia loves Irena, but boy can she be tactless.

<Shadowcaller> "Eh... no, I know enough words."

<Rueben> "Five thousand and a bit!" Comp-chan says after a while. She might be synthetic, but she's clearly not programmed to give math help.

<Ghar> "Are you here with anyone, Comp-chan?" Nadia asks.

<Rueben> As a more detailed description, Comp-chan has an ovoid head, a "dress" and "hair" that are both made of the same solid, semi-flexible material that the rest of her is, and her limbs are completely cylindrical.
    <Rueben> Her face is nearly all painted on except for the two rings of blue LEDS that make up her irises.
    <Rueben> "No Miss Nadia! I'm all alone until I find a new sister/brother!"

<Shadowcaller> "Soo... you have lost one brother and or sister?"

<Ghar> "Oh, well I hope you find someone." That makes her feel kind of bad, but they really can't fill that role for her, that's for certain.

<Rueben> "I lost my first brother, and haven't found anyone else yet! First I was his sister, and then he lost me, but then he built me, and then I was his sister again, and then I lost him. And now I need a new one!"

<Shadowcaller> "Oh... uh, sucks to be you I guess."
    <Shadowcaller> "You need any money?"

<Ghar> Irena earns herself an elbow in the ribs for that first comment. Ugh.
    <Ghar> "If you need something we could get it for you." She offers.

<Shadowcaller> "Yeah... anything you need."

<Rueben> "I don't need money or things, I need to find a sister/brother." Comp-chan begins to turn and toddle off on her seemingly endless quest to find a sibling.

<Ghar> "Oh... Well, good luck." Nadia doesn't try and stop her.

<Shadowcaller> "Well that was strange. And this was the second robot we've meet."

<Ghar> Nadia doesn't seem to interested in talking about that. No, she doesn't look very happy with Irena. "Irena, you've really got to figure out how to think before you talk sometimes. Seriously? 'Sucks to be you'? I can't believe you actually said that."

<Shadowcaller> "I didn't know what else to say. I did feel sorry for her."

<Ghar> "Just, I don't know. Think about things before you say them a little bit. At least when it's such an obviously delicate situation."

<Shadowcaller> "You know I'm not good at these things Nadia. But fine, I'll just stay quiet the next time." She makes a dismissive gesture in Nadia's direction.

<Ghar> Nadia sighs, but doesn't press the issue. "Come on, let's find somewhere that has clothes."

19. - Top - End - #1189

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Sitting in a wheelchair is a man with a gasmask. The suit of armor walks over to him, leans closer while the man whisper to it, and straightens.

You are here about the ad,
    So what scientific skills to do you have?
    So says, Mr Steward.

A little paranoia rise in Andy's head. First a suit of armor, then a man with a gasmask. This is much less comfortable then he thought. And the fact that this man doesn't speak himlef doesn't make it better at all.

"Robotics." he answers. "And medicine."

20. - Top - End - #1190

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Gothic Rooftop]

The mage looks between Young Star and Calvin and then smiles. "Calvin there is a dangerous young man. He is his uncles first and strongest line of defense. Without Calvin his uncle, John Witt, is vulnerable. Don't you know who you are helping?"

Calvin is watching Young Star carefully, seeing how he reacts to he mages words. His muscles tighten and his posture slightly changes, ready for a fight. His breathing steady and calm. He really just wants to shut this mage up, but he doubts he could just get by Young Star. His uncle was right saying it was a mistake to bring the hero, he should have just done this by himself.
    [Gothic Rooftop]

Imitating the mage, the superhero looks from the mage to Calvin, and back again. Smiling right back he says, "Nope, and I'm sure you're willing to tell me, but for the moment, that's irrelevant. As far as I can see, you started sending innocents after Calvin. Regardless of him and his uncle, that's really what gets my tights in a knot. Now tell me, is there anything you could possibly say to make me feel better about you doing that? Think hard, you might just make it worse." The question may as well be rhetorical, but why not see if he can something free out of all of this?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Middle of the Street - Interaction Wanted!]

Anyone walking down the street ('the street' is ambiguous until someone responds to this, when it becomes the street they are on) will find a strange talisman. It looks like a stylized archway. It's made of some sort of ebony metal, strangely warm to the touch. It pulses regularly, like a heartbeat

If you pick it up, you will feel a strange sensation of power coursing through you.

Anyone taking it away from where it lies should make sure they have a space in their inbox for a PM from me.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-04-30 at 10:43 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1192

biggrin Re: [Nexus] Inside 51

A little paranoia rise in Andy's head. First a suit of armor, then a man with a gasmask. This is much less comfortable then he thought. And the fact that this man doesn't speak himlef doesn't make it better at all.

"Robotics." he answers. "And medicine."
    The armor leans close to the man then stands up again.

Robotics holds what is desired,
    for reasons of a bet to be won, a prize to be acquired.
    A machine to be made,
    your payment won't be delayed.
    So says Mr Steward.

(Its fun to make up these little rhymes. Also forums are back YAY!)

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Orc in the Playground

Red Zone- Rooftops/Warehouse Store Room

The sixth and seventh chests can be taken quite easily! In fact, the seventh chest actually shrinks down so it is easier to carry.

The contents of the fifth box escaped, unless Samantha has an enchanted bottle, flask or other container she can try catching the funfair sounds in.

Heading deeper is currently prevented, as there is a door which must first be bypassed; at the moment it is closed, and locked. The door is made of steel, still mostly shiny but marred in places with rust. The lock is large, chunky and high quality. The hinges are simple and rusty. The wall around the door is covered in white paint and plaster, so it is hard to determine what, exactly, it is made of.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Shadowside]

Shadow nods slowly, still considering. He examines the strange ripples closely, watching how they form and dissipate.

"Indeed, I have power... although I haven't exercised it properly in aeons. I tend towards reclusiveness... when you're immortal, making friends is hard. You always know that you'll outlast them, you'll still be there when they've long since crumbled into dust...

But that's beside the point. Yes, I am powerful, but it's you who is the real curiosity here. The 'what I am now' comment suggests that you weren't always like this, and I must admit I am curious as to how you came to be merged with... whichever half of you wasn't there before. As to the join... I have never seen anything like this, although I knew it was theoretically possible... but the power required to do so would be immense."

Shadow thinks for a moment.

"You mentioned a duelling game? I would be interested to see just how strong you really are... strictly a friendly match, of course."
    "A simple binding spell, put in place by my human half. And your question reveals your ignorance of what I am - I am not divided any longer; all halves of me existed before this, and we are so merged that determining who ought to answer which of us was the newcomer is impossible.

And the power required to do so might be immense in your world, but in mine, this was the option taken because the others were far harder, and this could be done by someone who was already drained.

As for the dueling game... If you insist, then very well. Follow this; it will lead you to the arena,"
    she says, tossing him a silver compass, with a needle made of shadow.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gothic Rooftop]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Imitating the mage, the superhero looks from the mage to Calvin, and back again. Smiling right back he says, "Nope, and I'm sure you're willing to tell me, but for the moment, that's irrelevant. As far as I can see, you started sending innocents after Calvin. Regardless of him and his uncle, that's really what gets my tights in a knot. Now tell me, is there anything you could possibly say to make me feel better about you doing that? Think hard, you might just make it worse." The question may as well be rhetorical, but why not see if he can something free out of all of this?
    The mage looks back over at Calvin frowns. "Because I didn't think Calvin would kill any of them. You interrupted before my theory could really be tested." The mage seems like he wasn't very concerned about Calvin's safety. "Getting him away from his uncle is very important to my organization."

Calvin steps towards the mage looking angry. "You should have left us alone." His hands ball into fists and he seems to be forgetting about Young Star being on the roof for a moment.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #1196

Gothic Rooftop

Young Star may try to put himself between Calvin and dumb mage. "Good cop, bad cop in five minutes Calvin. Right now it's my turn." Turning his attention back to the mage, he leans in close before he speaks. "So it was your idea specifically?" Young star says, glaring at the mage behind his smile. "I was just mad at you by association at first, but now I'm genuinely mad at you. Good job at failing that challenge. Here's the new one: You're going to tell me your long term goals, and why they involve Calvin's uncle."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gothic Rooftop

Calvin backs off mumbling something about not being any kind of cop. The mage nods unconcerned with the hero's anger. "OK, my long term goals include increasing my craft and expanding my horizons. John Witt, Calvin's uncle, has worked with and against the organization I am part of. He stole from us and killed several of my colleagues. I am here to stop him, probably kill him. Sorry if that offends you." The mage shrugs yet again. "In any dealings we had with him he has proven very dangerous."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Firbolg in the Playground

[DMC 2.0]

Mia press another button and in an instant the dagger returns to it's fluid form.

"That depends. If they really need them it may need a bot until I got enougth to help them. These guys are high intelligent, but they need time."
    [DMC 2.0]

"They've managed to survive long enough without it, I think they'll be able to survive through the time nanotechnology needs to spread throughout their society." Yuki shrugs, stretching slightly. He spares a cursory glance toward the now-fluid nanites and then turns back to Mia with a faint smile. "And I believe that they may have some interesting things you may like to play with too."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    The armor leans close to the man then stands up again.

Robotics holds what is desired,
    for reasons of a bet to be won, a prize to be acquired.
    A machine to be made,
    your payment won't be delayed.
    So says Mr Steward.

(Its fun to make up these little rhymes. Also forums are back YAY!)

Andy is obviously not a great fan of rythem, even if they are nice. A cold shiver runds down his neck as the person 'Mr. Steward' use the armor again to send his words.

"At least I need to ask,
    what will be his task?"

Andy bits on his lips after the words left his mouth. These rythm thing is like an infection. He needs to controll himself more.

[DMC 2.0]

"Such things allways need to take time, to get into peoples mind." Mia isn't talking about the technologie to spread throughout their society. It's the religion she wants to spread.

As Yuki turns around he can see that Mia is a bit away with her thoughts. In mind she plans how to get the attention of the people. MDM allways prooves to be a good symbol for it. She only listened half way, but shakes her thoughts off to concentrate on Yuki after he spoke.

"What do you mean with some intresting things to play with?"

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    ...As for the dueling game... If you insist, then very well. Follow this; it will lead you to the arena," she says, tossing him a silver compass, with a needle made of shadow.
    The compass stops in midair. Shadow examines it for a moment, taps it with a finger, then says:

"I suggest we do this in my arena. It will allow a more... thorough... bout. I already have one guest in the Darkness; I will open a portal for you. If you wish to do this in your arena, make your way there; I will join you momentarily after seeing to my guest."

He implodes, dissolving into a cloud of black wisps, contracting inward to a point and then disappearing entirely. A moment later, an archway opens up in midair. The frame is of shadow, but through it is a small, cosy room with three armchairs around a fire. Shadow sits in one, a ghost-girl in the other. The portal is invisible from the other side, so that the ghost can't see out.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show