New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Skies Near Red Zone

The plot is still young!

At first, he probably won't pick up on anything. Mostly cause he probably doesn't know what to look for. If he focuses on energy he hasn't felt before, he should be able to pick up on a source of it off to his right a ways, at street level. He'll have to get closer to get a better reading, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Goblin Market

"Here, give me a sniff at that. Got to make sure it'd really enchanted." Unfolding it's leathery wings and righting itself with a surprisingly graceful backflip midair, the shopkeep tries to land on Rein's shoulder, tiny claws digging in slightly.

Meanwhile, the situation on the other side of the stall is growing out of hand. Despite the ogre's best efforts to wave them away more and more pixies keep flocking to the new customer, shouting over each other now in an attempt to make their limited time offers heard.

"Pet tribble? You want a pet tribble? Of course you do, everyone wants a pet tribble! This way!" "No, what you need is a watch that'll tell you thr phase of the moon! Never winds down!" "I have the best lava lamps for miles!" "Trust me lady, you don't want any of that rubbish! You want a new pair of glasses!" "A manual on how to walk! You could use that!"

In their enthusiasm a pack of sprites begins pushing at Arel's wheelchair, trying to steer her towards their part of the market. Of course, they're all pushing in different directions, so this could quickly turn into a very bumpy ride.
    [Goblin Market]

"Hey! Stop that! Let me go!" Okay, this isn't at all entertaining. Arel grabs the wheels of her chair, but it wouldn't take too much effort to overpower her grip and move her. Thankfully Rein is there to hopefully do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Down the street from a church, and a graveyard]

Alvilda notices that her tactic didn't work. She had expected it to defeat that Crustella in one hit. Instead, her Evil Doll gets smacked back and sails through the air, arcing back towards the pirate. Dang it, that looks like it hurt.

She thinks about her next tactic. Looking at a wall, she sees a rusted iron pipe. Alvilda grabs it and tears it off the wall (and nothing comes out). With the pipe in her hand, she moves five steps to the left, and tells her Evil Doll, "Crimson Lotus Formation." That risky ninth Lotus Formation. It sounds menacing.

The voltorb seems to nod in agreement, and begins charging up. Electricity from nearby lampposts seem to leap from the lampposts, towards the Evil Doll.
    [Down the street from a church, and a graveyard]

Becca blinks in surprise at the odd display. Odd to her at least. The trainer has less experience in battle than she'd ever admit. "Uhhh, Crustella! Hurry, dodge it or something." Not very good instruction for the slow pokemon, but she seems to have ideas of her own. As her opponent readies its attack, Crustella ducks away inside her shell and braces for the strike.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [HLabs, Inside Division]
    "Well I always did appreciate functional clothing. I don't suppose you would be able to tell me a bit more about this trip we are taking. To Q-13?" She hadn't asked for to many details before. Sometimes clients like to keep secrets during the hiring phase. But since she showed up for the job she figures she is owed a bit more of an explanation.
    "I apologise; I should have told you earlier. Q-13 is a rather unique body in orbit around the Nexus. At first I thought it was just drifting randomly, but I did some calculations and it turns out that it's just the Nexus's incredibly complex laws of physics. The only launch window for the next three centuries is from now, lasting three days, and I have to take advantage of it.

The metal the doors and walls of this tunnel are made of, and the outer surfaces the entire lab is lined with, is extremely rare. It's almost impervious to damage. It cannot be synthesised, and it cannot be produced artificially. It comprises some incredibly unstable molecules that cannot be brought together under ordinary circumstances. Thus, it must be harvested in its natural form, and refined. Q-13 is an incredibly rich source of it, almost ninety-eight percent pure. That's why we're going.

The reason I hired you, however, is because there are inhabitants on it already. I don't know anything about them, so I can't bring my robots or bio-guards because they aren't programmed to deal with them.

The platform leaves the vertical tunnel and settles into a depression in the floor of a truly colossal room, easily a square mile in size and several hundred meters high. Harald dismisses all his holoscreens, and whistles. A hoverbike swoops up, which he mounts easily, jumping onto it before it's fully stopped.

"Get on. I only have one manufacturing line capable of processing the suit - and indeed anything made using the metal - and it's not close.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Red Zone - A Deadly Demonic Duel!]

The perhaps masochistic Clarissa allows the whip of flame to lash her, tasting the dispassionate, seemingly indifferent man's power and savoring every second of it. He might note that she is extremely resistant to fire and that the whip bounces off of her almost elastic face/lacerates it without leaving a bruise or drawing blood as she has no circulatory system, being, basically, a giant, superpowered, heavily modified slime in respect to her physical presence in the Nexus.

"Not so mindless as soulless, and not naturally so, nor of my own free will, of which I have little, enslaved as I am."

As Clarissa speaks, attempting to dramatically walk toward the odd hero, a razor-toothed circular maw forms in the center of her right hand while her left, currently/unraveling into a mass of three mighty tendrils burrow into then pick up and attempt to lob a large slab of cement at the man, unless interrupted and shortly thereafter thwarted.

"Do not underestimate me, you who will soon crumble back into the dust where you belong."

Also, the flame whip might've lit Clarissa's tiny flammable shirt on fire, not that she appears to care much (if at all) about that minor detail/condition.
    [Red Zone - Not. A. Demon.]

The figure smiles.
    "Dust is such a poor descriptor of what makes up my essence."
    He steps sideways casually, the slab of cement soaring past him by a hair and likely crashing off somewhere else.
    "And don't expect me to feel pity for you, either." He points a finger at Clarissa, and five silvery points of light appear above and around her, forming an invisble pentagon above her head. They flash, and each point suddenly extends downwards and inwards, forming five silver lances that converge upon Clarissa and try to stab through her, pinning her like an insect in a collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Dwarf in the Playground

[HLabs, Inside Division]

Seems like it would take a lot of this rare metal to coat this entire room with it. Maybe he is lying, about the room being coated or the metal being rare. Amelia doesn't say anything about that though, just files away the thought for later. She hopes onto the hover bike behind him. "Alright sounds good. As long as this doesn't turn into stealing resorces from the natives sort of thing. I'm fine with being a bodyguard, hired muscle is a different story.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #1266

[Red Zone - Somewhere]

As Andromeda emerges from the portal she will find herself to be in the middle of the streets of Inside. She have taken the demon with her as well, it's presence emanating from the rats who just sit silently in their cages, waiting to be released upon the city.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Skies Near Red Zone

The plot is still young!

At first, he probably won't pick up on anything. Mostly cause he probably doesn't know what to look for. If he focuses on energy he hasn't felt before, he should be able to pick up on a source of it off to his right a ways, at street level. He'll have to get closer to get a better reading, though.
    A Street in a Red Zone

Jace telepathically directs Zebes to land, who is quite happy with this turn of events. Once they're on the ground he goes back to small size to sit on Jace's shoulder, his wings quite tired.
    "I felt something around here. Let's check it out, shall we?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

[Empty Yard near DFI]

Amelia is impressed with his knife handling skills and will show him a few more complicated shifts of grip that will allow him to quickly change the angles of his attacks.

"I had to train two years before the warriors who trained me before they said I was ready to go out and represent them. Plus they pushed me hard since I was somewhat of an unusual student."

As Amelia is tossing him to the ground she is also explains how she attacks to throw off his balance. A kick in just the right spot, a hard unseen elbow to his shoulder, always looking for a way to get leverage. To take a break from hitting the ground she shows and quizzes him on where to best attack someone to throw off their balance depending on how they are standing.
    [Empty Yard near DFI]

"How so?" Rein asks about her unusualness while he still can.

Gah, another trip of the ground breaking his fall. Fun.
    Rein proves to have a rather good memory, something which has helped and haunted him over the years. But makes pop quizzes that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Goblin Market]

"Hey! Stop that! Let me go!" Okay, this isn't at all entertaining. Arel grabs the wheels of her chair, but it wouldn't take too much effort to overpower her grip and move her. Thankfully Rein is there to hopefully do something.
    [Goblin Market]

Rein quickly hands the mask to the shopkeep on his shoulder so he can grab Arel's wheelchair with both hands and try to keep it steady and still. Good thing he has some muscles on him. "We don't have anything else for trade!" He says quickly. He figures if anything drives away salespixies fast, it's the customer being broke.

The mask is indeed enchanted from the Happy Mask Salesman. Also makes the user more wolflike on the appropriate full moon nights.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-07-31 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Pixie in the Playground

[Red Zone - Not. An. Insect.]

>.< I needed three d-words for the title and that was the first one that sprung into mind that kinda fit the bill!

And oooo, silvery, shiny, pretty pentagon lights! @.@

Clarissa detects the presence of the silvery light magic and the subsequent creation of inbound hard light spears being conjured up above her, aimed to rain down upon her and pin her to the ground. Clarissa doesn't want to be impaled or become a part of some weird exotic collection of crazy, dangerous psychopaths (apart from AMEN, of course)! In response, she swiftly blurs forward in a dash so that the hard light spears should likely skewer and scrape nothing more vital to Clarissa than empty air, her upper body in close proximity to the ground as she attempts to hurl herself at the other combatant at full tilt in an enraged tackle-pounce with a mighty flap of her white, angelic wings, her armored tendril-arm reverting to a mawed standard arm as she does so!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-08-01 at 11:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grassy Yard outside DFI]

"Most of their students were younger then me by a good decade. Plus most of them were granted their powers closer to the completion of their training and not at the very start of it." She must be talking about her glowing light ablities.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

[Below the TV Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Hikari tries to shrug nonchalantly, but winces as the shards shift around at this movement. "Yeah... I'll be fine though; I've taken worse."
    "...still." Mikani frowns, then leans in. "Here, let me help." She'll rest her hands against Hikari's shoulder, unless stopped, and, if all works as planned, the pain from her wounds should vanish away!

The injuries themselves won't be treated, but at least they won't hurt.

===

[Robots R Us]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    ((Gah! Sorry bout taking so long!))

Alysha can't help it. She giggles at the last comment.

She quickly composes herself again, though.
    "So, guess we have some time to kill?" Red observes, turning back to look at the robot. "Oh, you know anything about Romulans?" he adds, looking back to Alysha.

===

[Red Zone - Somewhere]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    As Andromeda emerges from the portal she will find herself to be in the middle of the streets of Inside. She have taken the demon with her as well, it's presence emanating from the rats who just sit silently in their cages, waiting to be released upon the city.
    Rommie - who, at the moment, looks exactly like Becky in all respects - sets down the rat cages, stepping back a bit as she bends over to open the cages. Carefully. Rats are disgusting.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #1272

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A Street in a Red Zone

Jace telepathically directs Zebes to land, who is quite happy with this turn of events. Once they're on the ground he goes back to small size to sit on Jace's shoulder, his wings quite tired.
    "I felt something around here. Let's check it out, shall we?"
    Red Zone Street

Randii will dismount Zebes when they land, and send her hide pants back to their original tattoo, leaving her in just a bikini again. Which she doesn't seem to mind at all.

Jace will feel the energy to his right. He'll probably have to make a few turns, as he's feeling it in a straight line, and city planning usually doesn't work out that way. But, eventually, he should arrive at an abandoned building. The energy seems to be coming from inside.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Robots R Us]

"So, guess we have some time to kill?" Red observes, turning back to look at the robot. "Oh, you know anything about Romulans?" he adds, looking back to Alysha.
    Um... Alysha folds one arm across her chest, rests her other elbow on the arm, and places a finger on her lip as she thinks about that question. Romulans? Romulans...hm...

After a couple of minutes, she shakes her head. Nope. Absolutely nothing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

A Red Zone Street

It should be noted that during times like this Zebes acts as Jace's eyes while he's focusing on the floes of magic.
    Jace will wave Randii towards the building and quietly make their way towards it. He'll lift Zebes up to take a look in the nearest window so it's not terribly obvious that someone is peeking in.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Below the TV Tower]

"...still." Mikani frowns, then leans in. "Here, let me help." She'll rest her hands against Hikari's shoulder, unless stopped, and, if all works as planned, the pain from her wounds should vanish away!

The injuries themselves won't be treated, but at least they won't hurt.
    [Below the TV Tower]

"...ah?" Hikari lets Mikani work her magic, surprised. She glances down at her wounds, then carefully begins to pull out the foreign shards of bone. "Thank you... that's quite a nice little power you've got there."

"So where would something like that have come from? Certainly you'd expect the necromancer to be nearby, right?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

"Most of their students were younger then me by a good decade. Plus most of them were granted their powers closer to the completion of their training and not at the very start of it." She must be talking about her glowing light ablities.

What people won't give to become night lights.

"Why were you given yours ahead of time?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #1276

[Down the street from a church, and also a graveyard]

Evil Doll seems to have charged up enough electricity, because it stops doing so and begins rolling back towards Crustella. It speeds up, trying to reach RAMMING SPEED! Electricity seems to spark off of Evil Doll towards everything that attracts it.

Meanwhile...Alvilda has to do something with that pipe. So, she runs forward and tries to ram it into the ground to act as a...ground. The thing is, if she's too slow, then Alvilda's the one that will be zapped.

Just in time, the pirate lets go of the pipe before Evil Doll's electricity catches onto it. "Ha!" Thus, Evil Doll becomes a ramming ball with a tail of electricity behind it. As it approaches Crustella, the air around Evil Doll de-ionizes and becomes plasma.

So, basically, all that happened is that Evil Doll basically turned into a superheated ramming ball of plasma, aiming itself at Crustella's shell. (Alvilda seems to like fire, doesn't she?)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Dwarf in the Playground

[HLabs, Inside Division]

Seems like it would take a lot of this rare metal to coat this entire room with it. Maybe he is lying, about the room being coated or the metal being rare. Amelia doesn't say anything about that though, just files away the thought for later. She hopes onto the hover bike behind him. "Alright sounds good. As long as this doesn't turn into stealing resorces from the natives sort of thing. I'm fine with being a bodyguard, hired muscle is a different story.
    "My preliminary scans indicate that there's no sign of higher technology. I'm expecting them to be pre-sentients or animals, but if they are intelligent then I'm perfectly happy to negotiate."

He guns the engine, and the bike shoots off at several hundred miles an hour. Harald easily dodges around assembly lines and through doorways, rocketing through many rooms at incredible speed. He comes to a stop in a relatively small room, spinning the bike 180 degrees and braking expertly, ending up right next to the room's only assembly line. At the foot of it is a suit made of the off-white metal. It's exactly Amelia's size.

Harald steps into a circle set vertically in the floor, perhaps an eighth submerged, in a clear corner of the room. He takes his labcoat off, folds it with care, opens a hidden compartment in the wall, puts it in, closes the compartment, and snaps his fingers. Several arms come to live, unfolding several arms from the rim, putting a set of similar armour - although sized for Harald, and bulkier than you might expect - onto him in the space of a few seconds.

"You're going to have to put yours on manually; the rig isn't calibrated for you."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Something of a medical emergency." Amelia looks a bit uncomfortable talking about the subject. One of her hands drops down to her stomach and she her breath steadies consciously. "The healing abilities I get from my powers saved my life."

Before he can ask more questions she steps over to the gym bag and picks up the two staffs. "There was one more thing I wanted to show you before we called it a day." She holds out a staff for him to take.

---------------------------------------------

[HLabs, Inside Division]

Amelia does her best not to squeeze Harald too hard. It helps when she closes her eyes so she doesn't see the room zipping past. She climbs off happy to have her feet back on the ground. "That is fine, I've always preferred to dress myself." She makes her way over to her suit. She looks over the suit trying to figure out how to put it on.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Well, the first thing of note that both outside and in, there was a lot of gold being used. Not necessarily gilding every wall and surface but it was very prominent in the decoration and even construction although it seemed to be mainly supported by other structures. That said, it also seemed that the interior was rather large on the inside as it delved down below ground where a large series of twisting tunnels might be detected. Rather odd for a temple of the sun, that.. Though there did appear to be a very large area that was about as open to the air as could be, creating a wide shaft that went as deep as the deepest tunnel although this wouldn't be apparent from the outside as it otherwise appeared to be a moderately tall, if quite round, building. To each side was some kind of business or residence and aside from the sewer system, it didn't appear to have much else in the way aside from some minor features like benches or light posts and the like.

As for the strange individual, Nephea could swear by the prickling of the hair on her neck that he was looking at her. He was probably fast enough to tell when she was going to glance in his direction but nevertheless she felt like at least someone from that direction was watching her. Call it thief's intuition or what have you.
    Arkham Street - Temple

"Perhaps we should ask that fellow for some direction? Or make conversation while we wait." Merideth asks Nephea softly, hoping to move her out of her silence on the topic of wind directions and other less utterly necessary things. It's probably a bad idea to actually talk to the normal-seeming demon man right before a heist, but the thought of it might actually provoke a response.

She quietly considers the information that shockwave yielded. Lots of underground space, probably where she would store relics if she was a member of a church since you could guarantee that there would only be one easy way to and from them and patrol that route exclusively. Which might give her a marked edge in slipping in through an alternate route since they likely would focus all their efforts on the way they expect burglars to come.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

Evil Doll seems to have charged up enough electricity, because it stops doing so and begins rolling back towards Crustella. It speeds up, trying to reach RAMMING SPEED! Electricity seems to spark off of Evil Doll towards everything that attracts it.

Meanwhile...Alvilda has to do something with that pipe. So, she runs forward and tries to ram it into the ground to act as a...ground. The thing is, if she's too slow, then Alvilda's the one that will be zapped.

Just in time, the pirate lets go of the pipe before Evil Doll's electricity catches onto it. "Ha!" Thus, Evil Doll becomes a ramming ball with a tail of electricity behind it. As it approaches Crustella, the air around Evil Doll de-ionizes and becomes plasma.

So, basically, all that happened is that Evil Doll basically turned into a superheated ramming ball of plasma, aiming itself at Crustella's shell. (Alvilda seems to like fire, doesn't she?)

It's a good thing that Crustella isn't weak to fire! Though that impact is quite nasty still. The stone shell absorb the brunt of the blow, but Crustella still feels the impact inside. But that doesn't mean she wastes an opportunity where Evil Doll is actually close. Before the voltorb can rebound too far away, Crustella's claws lsh out of the shell and try and grab hold of it. If she can managed that, she'll try to smash the voltorb into the pavement a few times.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ahhh." Rein thinks he has enough of an idea and doesn't press the topic.

Besides, it seems time for pole dancing staff training. Reinholdt takes the offered stick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [404 Snail Way]
    I... I-I'm sorry... She just holds her new friend, at a loss for what else she can do.
    (Sorry for the delay.)

Erin just sat there, in a state of half-shock. Eventually, she would drift off back to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1283

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A Red Zone Street

It should be noted that during times like this Zebes acts as Jace's eyes while he's focusing on the floes of magic.
    Jace will wave Randii towards the building and quietly make their way towards it. He'll lift Zebes up to take a look in the nearest window so it's not terribly obvious that someone is peeking in.
    Inside is...not much. Some smashed crates. Broken light fixtures. A dismantled car.

And what might be some kinda temporary living place set up in one corner. Doesn't seem to be anybody there at the moment.

The energy is definitely coming from inside. And seems to be from the direction of that living area.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Dwarf in the Playground

[HLabs, Inside Division]

Amelia does her best not to squeeze Harald too hard. It helps when she closes her eyes so she doesn't see the room zipping past. She climbs off happy to have her feet back on the ground. "That is fine, I've always preferred to dress myself." She makes her way over to her suit. She looks over the suit trying to figure out how to put it on.
    As she's holding on, she'll feel that, far from being a typical non-exercising nerd, Harald's muscles are rock-hard and well-developed. If she's familiar with the layout of human muscles, she might notice that he has a few more muscles than he should...

And back in the suit-room:

Harald, now fully concealed inside the suit, standing around seven feet tall, walks over, surprisingly quiet for such a large amount of machinery. There's an amused snort from inside.

"Chestplate and backplate first, then the other bits latch on progressively. Helmet last. And you have a sense of humour, which is good. Not many people I meet do."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-02 at 02:11 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

(Red Zone) Run-Down Building

Jace tries to go in through the front door, keeping watch for any magic or mechanical traps.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Red Zone - Not. An. Insect.]

>.< I needed three d-words for the title and that was the first one that sprung into mind that kinda fit the bill!

And oooo, silvery, shiny, pretty pentagon lights! @.@

Clarissa detects the presence of the silvery light magic and the subsequent creation of inbound hard light spears being conjured up above her, aimed to rain down upon her and pin her to the ground. Clarissa doesn't want to be impaled or become a part of some weird exotic collection of crazy, dangerous psychopaths (apart from AMEN, of course)! In response, she swiftly blurs forward in a dash so that the hard light spears should likely skewer and scrape nothing more vital to Clarissa than empty air, her upper body in close proximity to the ground as she attempts to hurl herself at the other combatant at full tilt in an enraged tackle-pounce with a mighty flap of her white, angelic wings, her armored tendril-arm reverting to a mawed standard arm as she does so!
    [Red Zone - Angel Brawl]

Clarissa's tackle is met with... a coat to the face? Yeah the dude just threw his coat at her face, hoping to blind her momentarily while he takes the skies himself. For now, topless, he spreads angelic wings of his own. Not white, like Clarissa's, but charcoal grey, clean and well groomed. Clarissa's adversary shoots straight up and over Clarissa, hurling several more lances of light at Clarissa in quick succession.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-08-02 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #1287

[Red Zone - Somewhere]

Rommie - who, at the moment, looks exactly like Becky in all respects - sets down the rat cages, stepping back a bit as she bends over to open the cages. Carefully. Rats are disgusting.
    [Red Zone - Somewhere]

Once the cages open, the previously trapped rodents rush out like a black stream out of a tap. Rommie/Becky can see them quickly spread out, desperate for food and space after being trapped so long together without any space to move.

But food and space are the least of these rats problems however as they have been infected by a highly infectious plague manufactured by AMEN and slightly modified by the demons. The modified version have a longer incubation period however and it will thus take up to two to four days for the victims to to reach the last stages of the infection.

The rats, as well as the other animals Rommie/Becky will release in Inside are all being guided by the will of a demon, making them seek out the places where people live so the disease spreads faster.

Unless this is somehow stopped a lot of people are likely to be infected soon enough and it's bound to get even worse from that point until preventative measures are taken.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-08-02 at 09:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Ahhh." Rein thinks he has enough of an idea and doesn't press the topic.

Besides, it seems time for pole dancing staff training. Reinholdt takes the offered stick.
    "So the reason I like training with the staff is because one of the keys to fighting well with one is using it as an extension of your body. I always found that it was easy to take that for granted with a dagger. With the staff though you can really get a feel for it."

At least that was her experiance. So she will run Reinholdt through some staff drills. How to hold it and a few basic stances and attacks. She will still focus heavily on keeping your balance, though this part of the training involves a lot less of being thrown to the ground. All in all it is a lot more relaxed of a pace, almost like Tai Chi.

------------------------------

[HLabs, Inside Division]

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    As she's holding on, she'll feel that, far from being a typical non-exercising nerd, Harald's muscles are rock-hard and well-developed. If she's familiar with the layout of human muscles, she might notice that he has a few more muscles than he should...

And back in the suit-room:

Harald, now fully concealed inside the suit, standing around seven feet tall, walks over, surprisingly quiet for such a large amount of machinery. There's an amused snort from inside.

"Chestplate and backplate first, then the other bits latch on progressively. Helmet last. And you have a sense of humour, which is good. Not many people I meet do."
    Amelia might notice more about the muscles if she wasn't busy trying not to get motion sick. In the end she does get the impression that he is more muscular then she first thought.

"Who said I was joking. Ever had any attendents try to dress you, akward as heck."

She puts on the suit and tries to stretch and bend to see how the suit moves with her in it. She also keeps the helmet off for now.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Temple of the Thousand Faces of Sun

The stranger looks away before Nephea can catch him staring, leaning against a wall and fishing a pamphlet out of his pockets to read. But his ears have a mind of their own. They prick up at the supersonic radar pulse, swiveling slightly to follow the duo's conversation. It's a small thing, but, in this profession it's all about paying attention to the small things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Arkham Street - Temple

"Perhaps we should ask that fellow for some direction? Or make conversation while we wait." Merideth asks Nephea softly, hoping to move her out of her silence on the topic of wind directions and other less utterly necessary things. It's probably a bad idea to actually talk to the normal-seeming demon man right before a heist, but the thought of it might actually provoke a response.

She quietly considers the information that shockwave yielded. Lots of underground space, probably where she would store relics if she was a member of a church since you could guarantee that there would only be one easy way to and from them and patrol that route exclusively. Which might give her a marked edge in slipping in through an alternate route since they likely would focus all their efforts on the way they expect burglars to come.
    Talking with the strange pamphlet guy? Weelll..

Nephea considered that for a brief moment, her nose and whiskers twitching in thought. "Mmmwell... Eh. I'm not certain that would be a good idea. I'm getting this really strange vibe from him and it's kinda creeping me out. Not like 'Dangerous creepy old man' creepy but 'Spying on you' creepy. It's like... Ah crap you wouldn't be able to relate... Um.. Hrm.. Have you heard of optical illusions or... Oh! Isn't there a thing with sound where you can make an area quiet by playing two of the same sounds at each other or something? So something seems like it isn't there but it is for you then, maybe? So if you took that and flipped it around so that something that seems there but isn't so... This is getting really confusing to explain. Um... Okay, it's like my mind says something is going on but I can't tell if it's just me being paranoid or what is what it comes down to.." she said, scratching behind an ear in mild embarrassment for messing up her rather inept attempt to describe an 'optical illusion.'

Still, this blabbering might be heard by the Cat Burglar given his highly adept hearing so perhaps he might have something to act upon. If only to say that he totally wasn't a creeper.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    (Sorry for the delay.)

Erin just sat there, in a state of half-shock. Eventually, she would drift off back to sleep.
    [404 Snail Way]
    Once she's back to sleep, N'lyzsa tucks Erin into bed again and returns to her own mattress, hoping she'll be okay.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show