New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping itp

1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping itp

This thread wins my approval. So does happyturtle's shipfic, and especially Kneenible's shipfics.

Now I've got to continue working on mine. DR, do you mind if I put you as some kind of incredibly manipulative ebil woman?

EDIT: It's just occurred to me. happyturtle has made me do something I probably would do...
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-08-03 at 02:51 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    I am most pleased and honored, dear Kneenibble. Never before would I have though of such a pairing, but it was..interesting.
    Furthermore, that you thought to include that little tid bit of necromancy made me smile
    I have to agree on this one, it is very good But really, couldn't we do without the necromancy? Oh Queeny, why do you hurt me so?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! Necromancy is not necessarily evil... It can be used for good purposes.

Honestly... There's so much stereotyping of necromancers...
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I have to agree on this one, it is very good But really, couldn't we do without the necromancy? Oh Queeny, why do you hurt me so?
    Why can't you take me for what I am?

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Why can't you take me for what I am?

You can raise me from the dead anytime.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

._.;

1) I'm very, very glad I'm not in here.

2) Wow, some of these are surprisingly good. If I actually got to know people, I might write one of these.. though..

3) ..I'M IN DESPAIR! o_oIII Some of these 'fics have left me in despair!

..Also the fact that I'm tempted to write one! Oh gods.. *rummages through backpack for brain acid..*

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Join us, Mattarias!
    Join uuuussss!
    *beckons with a long, creepy witch-like finger*
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    EDIT: It's just occurred to me. happyturtle has made me do something I probably would do...
    I don't know why, but you struck me as the chivalrous sort.

EDIT: New one

A First Date (inspired by this post)
    Shadow/Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow waited at the truck stop grill, inhaling the sweet aroma of cooking grease, cigarette smoke, and diesel fumes. Soon he would meet his date, and find out whether it was someone worth spending time with.

There was a whooshing sound at the door. It was a goblin head in a jar, mounted on thrusters. "Hello, Shadow. I'm your date."

"But... I was expecting a girl. Someone human. And alive."

Lord Fullbladder sniffed derisively. "And I was expecting to be taken someplace a little more upscale than this. Expectations can be so misleading. But if I can overlook our less than stellar surroundings, perhaps you can overlook my lack of a body."

"Perhaps..."
    He had to admit, there was something about the perversion that fascinated him. Made him want to learn more.

A few hours later, they were chased out of the truck stop by the police, having found at least forty seven ways of getting into trouble: from filling Fullbladder's jar with diesel to scaling the backs of the trailers while playing hide and seek to using the grill to melt cheap plastic souvenirs from the shop.

They both knew as they said goodnight that their first date wouldn't be their last...
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-08-03 at 11:09 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #489
    Banned

You know, Mattarias, but you just don't have the same strength to your despair that Itoshiki-sensei has :P

But trying to take some of these fics for anything but the crack pairings they are would indeed leave anybody in despair. Some of them are just very, very wrong like that.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, nice to see Mordokai in these finally, more things to tempt him and make him fall from the light

I now have an evening to catch up the last 6 pages of stuff...is it sad that I'm looking forward to being weirded out?

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

A bird in the hand
    Rubakhin/Kneenibble (girl)

Spoiler
    Show
    Rubakhin's head was pounding. Ugh. Must've had too much to drink. Then he realized the pounding was coming from the outside, rather than the inside of his skull. He opened one eye. There was a bird sitting on his head, pecking at his temple.

"Go 'way," he muttered, and waved at the bird. It flew away with a squawk, and landed... Rubakhin couldn't exactly see where it landed. Some sort of purple and turquoise and red birdstand. He heard the clicking of high heels, and his vision came in focus. Bright red shoes, shiny patent leather, right at eye level. Which means he was on the floor. Why was he on the floor?

"You fell off your barstool, sweetie,"
    she said, as if she had read his mind. She reached down, offered him her hand, and pulled him up to his feet. Then, seeing that he was still staggering, she gently pushed him back onto his barstool. "Let me take a look." She ran her fingers through his hair and discovered the lump on his head. "Ooh, not good. Bleeding a little. And the floor is so dirty." She emptied her shot glass over it.

"Holy F***! That f***ing hurt!" Rubakhin exploded.

She smiled, shrugged, then turned and flounced away. And before he could recover enough to say anything, get her name, her number, anything--she was gone. And all he had to remember her by was a single, yellow green feather that he found lying by the door.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    This thread wins my approval. So does happyturtle's shipfic, and especially Kneenible's shipfics.

Now I've got to continue working on mine. DR, do you mind if I put you as some kind of incredibly manipulative ebil woman?
    Um...whatever...I guess.

*is apprehensive*

*but intrigued*

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A bird in the hand
    Rubakhin/Kneenibble (girl)

Spoiler
    Show
    Rubakhin's head was pounding. Ugh. Must've had too much to drink. Then he realized the pounding was coming from the outside, rather than the inside of his skull. He opened one eye. There was a bird sitting on his head, pecking at his temple.

"Go 'way," he muttered, and waved at the bird. It flew away with a squawk, and landed... Rubakhin couldn't exactly see where it landed. Some sort of purple and turquoise and red birdstand. He heard the clicking of high heels, and his vision came in focus. Bright red shoes, shiny patent leather, right at eye level. Which means he was on the floor. Why was he on the floor?

"You fell off your barstool, sweetie,"
    she said, as if she had read his mind. She reached down, offered him her hand, and pulled him up to his feet. Then, seeing that he was still staggering, she gently pushed him back onto his barstool. "Let me take a look." She ran her fingers through his hair and discovered the lump on his head. "Ooh, not good. Bleeding a little. And the floor is so dirty." She emptied her shot glass over it.

"Holy F***! That f***ing hurt!" Rubakhin exploded.

She smiled, shrugged, then turned and flounced away. And before he could recover enough to say anything, get her name, her number, anything--she was gone. And all he had to remember her by was a single, yellow green feather that he found lying by the door.
    Oh yeah, baby. That's hot.
    That's totally how I act when I'm drunk in drag too.

By the way, "Tea Shades" isn't finished.
    You've been warned.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Happyturtle, that is so totally awesome!

I want to do something frivolous and meta (so totally unlike everyone else I've done. *cough*)

But who to ship, who to ship...
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Ahah. Music is wonderful inspiration!
    :: huggles "Kokoro- I Fall To Pieces" by the Slants::
    I shall return next with a fic!

— Iain S. Thomas

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    Happyturtle, that is so totally awesome!

I want to do something frivolous and meta (so totally unlike everyone else I've done. *cough*)

But who to ship, who to ship...
    You can ship me with anyone. Genderbend me too if you like. I'm up for adventure!

@V: Okay, you're next!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-08-03 at 12:51 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

*hides*

Wait... that doesn't work does it? Hmm.

*hides anyway*

You'll never find me, NEVER!

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, I'm collecting the scenes/chapters as well for ease of reading.

The ongoing saga of:
    The Princess Bride! continues now

Scene the First : Plot Establishment by 'zira
    Spoiler
    Show

All the playgrounders were gathered for this, the most glorious of weddings. The beautiful lady Serpentine had finally succumbed to the wooing of the dashing (and totally not a manslut) Prince Ikari.

In the shadows, however, lurked a sinister group, determined to upstage this forever, and sow war throughout the idyllic playground. The leader, a small, humpbacked (not by any particular lack of labour. There was a purring moggy asleep on his back, and he had not the heart to remove in, assuming a stoop) and wry looking Brit (he had a monocle and if you can see his underpants like the Narrative can, they've got Union Jacks on them. So he must be British.) with a sharp taste in linen shirts and stylish hats, surveyed the scene meticulously. The stooped Brit tapped his cane on the floor, and the other two members of The Trio (You've heard of them) stood to attention.

A delightful female fencer with gorgeous hair (seriously. I'm just the narrative text, and even I think that hair is gorgeous!) readied her blade, while the third member remained in shadows. Despite this, however, anyone who cared to look closely enough could see a strong, powerful figure, with muscles toned and built from moving many books, cunningly concealed beneath a handsome, but modest, victorian era dress. The third figure took out some reading glasses, perched them on the bridge of her nose and took out a book, settling to wait. Wait and read.

Scene the Second: Getting To Know Them by Curly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let the narrative go off on a tangent while we remind people who haven't seen the film who the people are.
    You have already been introduced to the lovely bride, the Lady Serpentine Buttercup (henceforth known as Serpentine to avoid certain copyright problems)and her soon-to-be-husband the totally-not-a-manslut handsome Prince Ikari Humperdink (once again, Prince Ikari so as to not get sued for many millions of punds we can't afford).
    Accompanying the gorgeous bride is her single bridesmaid. The silver - haired Drow Cassie. And her male counterpart is handsome possibly - Spanish Inigo Montoya. Prine Ikari's best man.
    But this you already know (except for the last part). In fact, your attention was probably already drawn to the shadowy Trio just for being in the shadows.
    The humpcatted Brit with a penchant for linen shirts is none other than Aziraphale Vizzini, a man whose intellect outpaces that of Stephen Hawking (or so he says).
    His dashing female companions are the previously - deceased (you'll have to remember that fact for later) DragonRider Wesleysdottir (and she really does have gorgeous hair - you really should see it, this narrative voice has got to ask for some advice later) - woman with a grudge and a desire to rescue her twue wuv.
    The young lady lurking in the darkest of the shadows is Curly Fezzikscousin. We're still not sure how she got the part as all she does is wait and read. And then read some more. But this narrative voice does have to admit then when she's done reading she's very impressive.
    And now the introductory scenes with sweeping pan shots and close ups is over, we shall proceed with the action.

Chapter the Third : Dramatic Reveal by 'zira
    Spoiler
    Show

As the narrative pans over the audience, so does a hush. The bride slithers towards the altar, her face heavy under the veil, the otherwise unmarred face haunted by a sadness, a sadness of the loss of true love...

You see, Serpentine had long been shipped in love with DragonRider - However, a cruel twist of fate admist a game of Kiss Or Kill had seperated them forever - fair Princess Serpentine had simu'd one of Ikari's many displays of affection, and had thus caught his eye. To both the dismay of Serpentine and her fanfic pairing true love.

A squeal from her pet catmuffin (Also dressed in full bridal religa) alerted the princess, waking her from dreams of DragonRider swooping in to save the day to a shocking twist for all concered.

A clear, authoratitive (and not unnattractive, if you're into that sort of thing) voice rang out from the shadows (where the mysterious group are, in case you'd not been reading the earlier installments), as Serpentine's true love emerged from the shadows, proudly brandishing her blade.

She was immediately joined by Curly and 'Zira, the latter covering his eyes with one hand and muttering
    'Wait for the line. Those were my only instructions, wait for the line! grah!'.
    The eyes of the assembled playgrounders turned towards them, and guards readied weapons. Curly readied two books, holding them live bizarre, oblong throwing knives. 'Zira simply looked around nervously, before adopting more of a stoop, and affecting the voice of a harmless old man.
    'Lawks, I appear to be lost, gentlemen. My eyesight's not what it was, you know, not since that incident in the cherry orchard', followed by more nervous glancing. The Cat remained asleep.

New scene is up!

Scene the Forth: Oh Nuggan! The Cameos!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The vewy impwessive clergyman, the Archbishop P_Z opened his mouth and took a breath.
    Heavenly choral music filled the air and two angels appeared in the cathedral hovering in front of the rose window.
    The congregation stared at the angels. They were holding hands.
    The male angel followed their stares. "Phoe; hands! We're not at home any more, we're working."
    "Sorry sweetheart."
    Drawing up to their full height the angels declared sonorously, "This marriage is blessed unto thee [deity of choice] and thee Cherubim who dwell in the silvered city which is found in thee celestial sphere of [insert local name for Heaven]!" The angels looked at each other suspiciously, "You didn't find out the right details?!" hissed Phoe.
    "Look, the form was filled in like this. If you blame anyone blame the Archbishop for forgetting to fill in the form." From the masses a hand was raised, "Who's'pweeyboyden! Um; sorry about that, it's the bird. But why do we have angels? I thought this was a primarily atheistic soceity who only permitted the Church because it looked pretty." asked a spiffily suited man (but in this voice's opinion his face looks disturbing, his eye keeps twitching!) The angel on the right took out a form. "Marriage: the bootiful Lady Serpy and Prince Ikari? A vewy Imwessive Clergyman presiding? This is the right place?"
    "Yes."
    "Well if we're not wanted we'll just hang around unfulfilling our heavenly duites; right ruki-chan?"
    "Exactly." Frustrated the angels flew over to an unoccupied balcony and sat down to skive off their work.
    Once again the vewy impwessive Archbishop P_Z opened his mouth when the cathedral doors burst open incredibly dramatically.
    The Shadowy Trio stared at the entrance "I thought we were the only ones being dramatic here today." murmered DRider. "We've had angels and now this."
    Slightly ashamedly a host of latecomers shuffled into the back of the cathedral and sat down at the back mumbling apologies. "Is that Napolean?"
    "Inconceivable! This is an entirely different universe to his. Besides, if it was why's he got a pink haired girl and Viral with him hmmm? They're probably in the wrong story."
    The narrative suddenly swings back to the vewy impwessive an annoyed Archibishop. He scwea - screams suddenly, "MAWWAGE! Mawwage is what bwings us togevva . . . today. Mawwage, dat bwessed awwangement, dat dweam wivin a dweam dat unites - " he breaks off again. Crunching and rumbling noises sidle into hearing as people search for the origin of the disturbance.
    And find it.
    Up on the angel's balcony the angel's are munching on popcorn and stroking two cats. (Wait, people? Oh, catpeople. And one of them's blue. Okay, this narrative voice is really confused now, how'd they get up there?) "Dat's it! I'm gonna count to five - "
    "Three Archbishop, you count to three." whispers Prince Ikari.
    "I'm gonna count to thwee and you will all be silent.
    One . . . two . . . thwee! Fank you. A dweam wivin a dweam dat unites two people in wuv. Twoo wuv. And so we will join dese two wuvely people in howee matwimony today." Finally able to pwo - proceed the Archbishop talks away as the brides' Cat - Muffin Jgibbers away quietly to itself. And up in the rafters a small yellow-green bird looks down with interest.

Many, many cameos. Some people I've only described quickly but I hope they're clear enough.
    See who you can spot.
    Apologies for the delay but family and stuff cause distractions. Also I had to work in the cameos to seem at least partially natural. Hope you enjoyed it.

Up next! (With luck)
    Cristo/Mordokai

*welcoms all newcomers and readers*
    It's fine to look forward to reading these. The wierding out is part of the fun!

v: We take turns.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-08-03 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Formatting

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! More approvable content, from Curly this time.

I'm nearing the finish of my shipfic... It's a tad long.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

My Elitest
    An EvilRuteest fanfic
    crossovered with the Harry Potterverse!
    (not for the faint of heart)

Episode 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi my name is Rutee Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he’s a major ****ing hottie. I’m a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I’m also a witch, and I go to a magic school called Hogwarts in England where I’m in the seventh year (I’m seventeen). I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Hot Topic and I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. I was walking outside Hogwarts. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of preps stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.

“Hey Rutee!” shouted a voice. I looked up. It was….Evil Elitest!

“What’s up EE?” I asked.

“Nothing.” he said shyly.

But then, I heard my friends call me and I had to go away.

Chapter 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    The next day I woke up in my bedroom. It was snowing and raining again. I opened the door of my coffin and drank some blood from a bottle I had. My coffin was black ebony and inside it was hot pink velvet with black lace on the ends. I got out of my coffin and took of my giant MCR t-shirt which I used for pajamas. Instead, I put on a black leather dress, a pentagram necklace, combat boots and black fishnets on. I put on four pairs of earrings in my pierced ears, and put my hair in a kind of messy bun.

My friend, Terraoblivion woke up then and grinned at me. She flipped her long waist-length raven black hair with pink streaks and opened her forest-green eyes. She put on her Marilyn Manson t-shirt with a black mini, fishnets and pointy high-heeled boots. We put on our makeup (black lipstick white foundation and black eyeliner.)

“OMFG, I saw you talking to Evil Elitest yesterday!” she said excitedly.

“Yeah? So?” I said, blushing.

“Do you like EE?” she asked as we went out of the Slytherin common room and into the Great Hall.

“No I so f**king don’t!” I shouted.

“Yeah right!” she exclaimed. Just then, EE walked up to me.

“Hi.” he said.

“Hi.” I replied flirtily.

“Guess what.” he said.

“What?” I asked.

“Well, Good Charlotte are having a concert in Hogsmeade.” he told me.

“Oh. My. F**king. God!” I screamed. I love GC. They are my favorite band, besides MCR.

“Well…. do you want to go with me?” he asked.

I gasped.

Chapter 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the night of the concert I put on my black lace-up boots with high heels. Underneath them were ripped red fishnets. Then I put on a black leather minidress with all this corset stuff on the back and front. I put on matching fishnet on my arms. I straightened my hair and made it look all spiky. I felt a little depressed then, so I slit one of my wrists. I read a depressing book while I waited for it to stop bleeding and I listened to some GC. I painted my nails black and put on TONS of black eyeliner. Then I put on some black lipstick. I didn’t put on foundation because I was pale anyway. I drank some human blood so I was ready to go to the concert.

I went outside. EE was waiting there in front of his flying car. He was wearing a Simple Plan t-shirt (they would play at the show too), baggy black skater pants, black nail polish and a little eyeliner (AN: A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!).

“Hi EE!” I said in a depressed voice.

“Hi Rutee.” he said back. We walked into his flying black Mercedes-Benz (the license plate said 666) and flew to the place with the concert. On the way we listened excitedly to Good Charlotte and Marilyn Manson. We both smoked cigarettes and drugs. When we got there, we both hopped out of the car. We went to the mosh pit at the front of the stage and jumped up and down as we listened to Good Charlotte.

“You come in cold, you're covered in blood
    They're all so happy you've arrived
    The doctor cuts your cord, hands you to your mom
    She sets you free into this life.” sang Joel (I don’t own da lyrics 2 dat song).

“Joel is so f**king hot.” I said to EE, pointing to him as he sung, filling the club with his amazing voice.

Suddenly EE looked sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as we moshed to the music. Then I caught on.

“Hey, it’s ok I don’t like him better than YOU!” I said.

“Really?” asked EE sensitively and he put his arm around me all protective.

“Really.” I said. “Besides I don’t even know Joel and he’s going out with Hilary f**king Duff. I ****ing hate that little bitch.” I said disgustedly, thinking of her ugly blonde face.

The night went on really well, and I had a great time. So did EE. After the concert, we drank some beer and asked Benji and Joel for their autographs and photos with them. We got GC concert tees. EE and I crawled back into the Mercedes-Benz, but EE didn’t go back into Hogwarts, instead he drove the car into……………………… the Forbidden Forest!

More to come later! All input is welcome, as long as it's sincere. Even critical one.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-03 at 01:15 PM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Firbolg in the Playground

Curse you Tengu!
    I used your old avvie for your cameo. Now people won't get it until they read this or if they have a good memory.
    Also I hope it was Commander Viral; haven't seen TTGL for ages.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

I switch my avatar once a month on average. Feel free to use the guy from my sig instead, he never changes.

And yes, that was Viral.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

The Hat
    Calamity/Aziraphale

Spoiler
    Show
    Calamity saw the hat from across the room. Such a badass hat. A trilby, white, with a black band. He had always admired Aziraphale and his hat, and couldn't help but be envious. But this time, as the man walked past, he actually stammed out "Um, nice hat."

"Beg pardon?"
    Aziraphale said in a refined British accent.

"Your hat. It's very nice,"
    Calamity said. He knew his face was growing slightly redder, but at least no one would be able to tell. "I wish I had a hat like that."

"Then why not get one?"

Calamity sighed. "The horns. I can't wear a hat."

"Oh, my good sir, you only need a good hatter. Come, come..." Without giving him time to argue, he linked arms with Calamity and led him through the city to a little shop above a bakery.

The sign read "Happyturtle's The Hatter" and inside was the most cluttered collection of fabrics, felts, molds, and trims that Calamity had ever seen. Happyturtle greeted the pair, but frowned at the horns. "I can't help you. But I know someone who can. Just step through here," she said, indicating a door. Although, actually, it wasn't a door. It was a wall mounted mirror. "Ask for the Mad Hatter. And take these," she said, handing Calamity a bag of purple buttons. "I owe him for some rabbit fur he sent through last Thursday."

Before Calamity could protest, Aziraphale pulled him through the looking glass.

"Where are we going?"
    Calamity asked.

Aziraphale took out his monocle and peered through it. "This way," he said.

"Will it take long?"

Aziraphale smiled impishly at Calamity. "Does it matter?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-08-03 at 01:35 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Good job, happyturtle. One thing, my face can't really get much redder.

Still, I liked it.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2008-08-03 at 01:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Good job, happyturtle. One thing, my face can't really get much redder.
    That was the point. Guess I wasn't clear enough.

EDIT: Just edited it to try and make it more obvious.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-08-03 at 01:35 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

That one was made of lawl.

Awesome job, happyturtle.
    This avatar by Phase.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

I'm discovering that the less sense they make, the easier they are to write.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

This takes place in Orwellian London, in a style similar to how Orwelle did 1984. A bit pasticheish...

A Bright, Cold Day in April
    Dragonrider and Dallas-Dakota
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was where they had agreed to meet. Dallas-dakota showed up first, standing on the crumbling, grey-marble steps that led to the ruined, grey-marble museum. He shivered in the stagnant chill of April, beneath a clouded sky, and hugged himself in his faded denim coveralls. During the civil war, this museum had been a weapons cache for the then-rebels, the now-Inner Party. Symbolic, and ironic that Dallas' biggest, and most dangerous Thoughtcrime yet would occur here. But he wasn't going to be back down now. Once he found out what she was up to, he found out that he was not alone.

Dragonrider made herself known to Dallas two days earlier, in a Newspeak meeting. Dallas was at one end of the circular, chipped, lead-glass table, and two others, Robert and Graham sat to his right, separating Dallas and Dragonrider. Towards the end of the meeting, Gabriel, the only Inner Party member present, started speaking from behind a small stack of green, worn and reused folders, and in front of a plain poster, with only three sentences plastered upon it, in bold, serifed lettering.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Gabriel was talking to everyone present, but looking at Dallas casually from behind his austere tuxedo:
    "The new rules governing future tense conjugation shall be streamlined and made more efficient by Dallas in the upcoming week. Along with the release of the tenth edition of the Newspeak dictionary, which focuses on streamlining verbs, Newspeak will be nearly complete, and the transition to it will start."
    The stack of worn folders was passed clockwise around the table, and it reached the bit of cracked glass in front of Dragonrider, who added a single folder to it. She did some obscure work with prepositions, if Dallas recalled correctly. Not particularly interesting, and she seemed like the most robotic, apathetic Inner Party member he knew.

All of that reversed itself in his mind, when Dallas discovered the note hidden in her folder. It simply said:

I hate Big Brother.
    I love you, Dallas.
    Two days from now,
    at the time the meeting
    ended, in front of the museum.

Now as Dallas stood on the crumbling steps, he understood why she had chosen this location. The telescreens were situated such that there was a small square at the left end of the museum where they could speak without being seen, and, if they spoke softly enough, without being heard. After looking around a short while, to make himself believable for the telescreens, he walked off to this little square, just as Dragonrider showed up around a corner.

Her hair was not in the ponytail-bun hybrid that looked neutral, and looked least attractive. Women were encouraged to wear their hair like such, and not doing so was typically enough to be harassed by the patrols, Thought Police, and other party members.

She had a look of worry, or even paranoia on her face, which spread to Dallas as she approached him.
    "I'll be right back. It's not crowded enough yet, and there's a patrol behind me. I'm sorry," she said, bitterness sounding itself beneath the sorrow. She turned and walked across the square, and back the way she came, from a small street lined with squalid prole houses of sickly orange. The sound of a rocket bomb exploding somewhere to the East resonated through the ground, and caused Dallas to look anxiously in its direction for a second.

Dallas figured now that it wouldn't look proper to any party members walking near to see him standing there, shivering in the bleak weather, so he quickly went back to his apartment, cursing the slowly breaking elevator. Inside, he glanced at the telescreen, knowing that his impatient manner of entry would certainly look suspicious to anyone watching, before taking a small guidebook on Newspeak grammar he was writing.

Back in the square on the side of the museum, he sat on a bench, and began writing notes in the margins of his book, to look believable, and to get his work done in time. The next time he glanced over at the street Dragonrider had come from, his insides turned to ice.

Dragonrider and a patrol were approaching him, and he knew running wasn't going to get him anywhere. Her pristine face was scrunched into submission and resentment. She had... No. Someone must have found out about the note, Dallas was sure. But then the facade was removed, and she smiled smugly.
    "Don't bother to move, Dallas."
    At that point, one of the patrol members walked briskly behind him, and hit Dallas in the back of the head with some object he couldn't quite make out.

When he woke up in his cell, which had a window that showed grey clouds above them, contrary to the stories he'd heard, he knew that he had had his first, most dangerous, and last encounter with the Thought Police. Dragonrider tricked him.

The telescreen ahead of him was displaying the three mantras of the Inner Party:

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

In Dallas' mind, he placed another line below the last:

LOVE IS HATE.

EDIT: Ending was expanding on an idea that CKG came up with. So thanks to her.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-08-03 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    This avatar by Phase.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Its Still Rock and Roll To Me
    Raistlin1040/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show

So maybe RHL hadn't had the most innocent of intentions when she had "shyly" asked him what he had been listening to. She had a good idea, really, since she knew they had similar music taste, and she could just ever so slightly make out some of the lyrics whispering themselves through his headphones.
    Raistlin had obliged, though, pulling one earplug out, glancing up to her with an arched eyebrow.
    "Angie. Rolling Stones." Ah, she had been right. Well, of course she had; It had been one of her mother's favorite songs.
    She smiled a little sheepishly.
    "I've never heard that one, Rairai. S'it any good?" A twinge of guilt hit her soon after that as he held up the earplug he had recently taken out to hear her question. Was that little white lie necessary?
    As she sat down close next to him, listening along, she grinned to herself. Oh, yes. It had been very necessary.

I intend to get shipped with every HALOer/AMENite who gives permission xD

Also, Randman, I approve =D
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-08-03 at 02:18 PM.

— Iain S. Thomas

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Randman, that is so awesome. And extremely creepy.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs