1. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Alignment Replacement] The Color Wheel - Now With More Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    I'm hoping the work takes it farther away from the established alignment grid, as I'm still seeing a large, large amount of positive correlation going on here. And while I like the idea in concept and for the joy of homebrewing, I don't think you're going to step away from that. White's going to end up primarily in LG turf. Red in KAY-OHS. Black in Evlolz. Green, the Neutral zone and Blue whereever is "optimal."

And I honestly think that has more to do with the source material than your own work, Gareth. Just my two cents.
    See I think that in a lot of those, you're seeing the extremes. But yeah, source material, and an unavoidable desire to compare it to the 3.5 alignment system does tend to create a bit of pressure to see extremes.

What I like most about this is the fact that you can have a character encompass opposing ideals. For example, a primarily red character, one who is a champion for freedom, perhaps one who is protesting slavery, could still have the white and blue colors as well. In fact, that's what I would see Martin Luther King Jr. as, primarily red, with white and blue secondary colors. He fought for freedom, but he did it through knowledge and by trying to use the established system.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2011-01-01 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show