Quote Originally Posted by tzaan View Post
this has the scent of James Barclay's Ascendants books about it as well as Xmen - ever read them? Bunch of kids bred for elemental/life energy manipulation. Summon fire, cause earthquakes...reanimate the dead and cause aging to the point of disintegration. One ends up a blind, hidebound moralist who can heal with a touch which covers the powers/flaws aspect quite nicely

I ramble....

but the idea kicks ass. Reminds of Dragonmarks but waaaay more open-ended
Nah, checking it out though. Thanks

To be honest, it's been done before, by a few notable Homebrewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Re'ozul View Post
This could be a helluva dip class.
Two levels (if abilities start at 1) can get a close combat guy +6 NatArm, DR2/-, +5ft' movement, +2 to balance checks and expeditious dodge, for the price of one BAB loss and whatever is in their usual class.
I like most abilities so far, but something in me tells me that the Armored ability is a bit overpowered.
Also the empathy first level says +2 on sense motive for every level in this class, maybe that should be ability? (Otherwise anyone using this class would could be a sense motive monster.
It's sort of meant to be a dip class. You can't take it to level 20, and the abilities scale quadratically every level you take on them.

Should I reduce it to +2 Natural normally and +4 Natural with a speed penalty? It seemed weak but now you show it like that I'd have to agree.

Also, you lose saves (No good saves) and 2 skill points per level only, coupled with a d8 HD. The ability combination you mentioned is quite good, so I'll look at toning it down. Please, stick around and help me balance them. This kind of class really needs people testing it out and working combos to shine and improve.