Quote Originally Posted by periscope69 View Post
I thank everyone who said the leg bit was a good idea .

Also did small edit to flavor text of the leg augment.

I'd say you could cap the bite damage at colossal sized bite damage. The Oz could always take the Improved Natural Attack feat to take it further.
That seems like it could be reasonable for the bite attack.

I like necroticplague's idea of the bonuses to resist being tripped or bullrushed, though one thing:

Should it be +1 per leg, or pair of legs (seeing as how you only get a boost to speed per pair)?
I'll note that while the other movement granting features also only give a boost to speed per pair of limbs, they do boost the appropriate check for every feature. Thus it would be per individual leg rather than pair.

1) The Oz got a bonus to balance checks while using this ability as well, providing that circumstances permitted it (ie he's probably not going to get a bonus to balance on narrow spaces, but on slippery or extremely steep or turbulent spaces [like a ship's deck in rough sea's or a greased patch of ground] I wouldn't see a problem.)
This would likely be an augment to the legs, so as not to overload it.

2) The Oz gained a bonus on bullrush attempts while under the influence of this mod (+2 per pair would seem good). A bonus to trip attempts might be tricky as some might say that's more of a tentacle thing.
Might might either make it +1 per leg with the other things, or make it an inexpensive augment required the trample one.

3) A trample attack being available to the Oz while using this (as an augment not part of the leg bonus itself), with a bonus to the attack roll equal to the number of pairs that he has (ie 4 pairs of legs gives you a +4 on the attack roll). Probably only usable against creatures at least one size smaller than yourself (so if it wanted to get through a lines of human soldiers, the Oz would need to be one size larger than they are [probably through the use of engorged flesh augment]) with the damage type being contingent on how the the legs were described (if they were described as similar to elephant legs then bludgeoning whereas centipede legs would do piercing).

It would be hilarious to see the Oz just plow through a wall of soldiers because they were between him and the exit.
Well, This could be an interesting idea. As an augment, the attack, damage, or both would be based on the number of legs with the augment (so it might be a base of 1d4 damage + 1 per additional leg with the augment), and the attack may or may not be boosted by other legs with or without the augment.

Could other characters use the Oz as a mount? If so how much could he carry and how many people could he carry?
The ozodrin can carry others the same way any creature can. It's a combination of weight capacity, size difference, and DM fiat. After all, a small or tiny character could technically use a medium or larger ally as a mount if the DM allows it.

Also, quick question on something unrelated, can you haul yourself up with your tentacle augment?

I mean like say a window was 20 feet off the ground, you use the Long Tentacle Augment to get a tentacle up to the window and grab hold, then pull yourself up. Would that be possible and if so, how much weight could the tentacle support?
Similar to the above, this would technically be the equivalent of trying to pull yourself up onto the ledge using only 1 arm. If you're strong enough, you can do it, but most likely it is easier to use more than 1 limb or tentacle. It also would be somewhat harder given the increased distance that must be travelled.

As something of a side note. While the limbs would actually be modifying your base movement speed, it would be important to note that they would not affect other movement speeds based on your base movement speed (thus if you have something equal to half or twice your normal movement speed, you cant get a cheep increase to it using legs).

Also, it seems so far Markus Darkmind is the only one particularly interested in the PRC I'm working on. I'll give a hint though. It is not the eventually planned Maddening Choir I have a few ideas for, but rather shall be based on type instead of other classes, allowing it to be somewhat longer than the other ozodrin PRCs. Glimmar's

Owrtho