Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many people go to Twilight's house daily. Isn't it supposed to be the public library?
It's not that unusual. Rarity and Pinkie both live in their places of business (Pinkie Pie doesn't even own her place of business). That's half the cast right without a dedicated building for living quarters.

It appears that ponies, as a rule, don't have houses. The only exceptions we've seen are Applejack (who owns all of Sweet Apple Acres and can therefore easily set aside a bit of land for a home), Fluttershy (who lives in an undeveloped area on the outskirts of Ponyville; works fine if your job is caring for woodland creatures and you dislike social interaction, but anyone else would consider that a lousy piece of real estate), Zecora (Fluttershy times a thousand), and Rainbow Dash (lives in the sky, so doesn't have to compete with two-thirds of the pony population).

There were a bunch of pony historiographers in here earlier who might be able to explain why land is apparently do expensive in Ponyville. Personally, I'd say the ponies are remaining densely packed as a defense against wandering monsters. Lots of extremely dangerous, extremely territorial creatures out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
So... New Ep: writer: Cindy Morrow.

Spoiler
Show
Griffon the Brush-Off
Winter Wrap Up
The Show Stoppers
OWTEW

Huh, guess who was right saying decent writers don't work well with money-sawing episodes? :P
Really? I realize that lots of people disliked this episode, but I think it was much more tightly-plotted than Morrow's other episodes. I burned with rage at the "Who?" gag, and Spike's evil form just had me scratching my head and wondering when he was going to start hypnotizing people, but other than that I thought it was solid.

Conversely, "Winter" and "Show" had fairly weak conflicts that mostly served to string vaguely-connected scenes together. "Griffon" had a blatantly unsympathetic antagonist running around antagonizing people unsympathetically, so no one ever had any real internal conflicts to deal with.

Side note: I'm not in the animation industry, so could someone explain why everyone's been saying this is a "bottle episode"? It has a fair number of speaking roles, a variety of locations, a fight scene, a new costume for Spike (with a cape, even), and two new creatures (Owlicious and the Green Dragon--Though granted, the dragon may have just been a pallet-swapped Red Dragon).

I'd also comment on the 'how magic works' posts as I liked them, but unlike nr IV, thread nr V was actually locked, ruining any possibility of easy quoting
Could you try directly linking the post itself? Because I make it a point to not read this thread until I've seen the latest episode, so I've pretty much missed an entire weekend due to Easter celebrations.