Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
There, it took two days of my free time, but I've finally managed to read the entire thread up to this point, and now that I've come all this way... I realize I've put exceptionally little thought into this post.

To make my story short as possible: I'm a college student whose been 'out' for almost exactly four years now. In that time, my experience with relationships amounts to one guy who strung me along for about four weeks in a pseudo-pre-relationship thing before I found out (through his facebook relationship status) that he found someone else he was more interested in. Yet, in the same span, I've had two girls ask me out, another express serious interest, and dozens more act generally flirty.

Because of this, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not generally repulsive, but it seems like I don't even register on the radar of the sex/gender that I'm actually interested in. In fact, when I first came out to people back in high school, it took me about twenty minutes of talking to convince them that I wasn't joking, and since then I've had multiple people tell me "You know, if you hadn't said it, I'd never have taken you for a gay guy." So tell me LGBTQAIXYZA(again)itP, what am I doing wrong? It feels like there's intense pressure to conform to stereotypes just so I can be recognized, but at the same time that's really not who I am.
I kinda don't feel right asking this but... could you post a picture up in the You thread? I just want to see exactly what you are talking about.

Also; just be you. Seriously, I am attracted to a very different "type" than many gay guys are, that doesn't mean I am not looking. Literally, there are six billion people (more actually, that is just the most commonly quoted statistic) on this planet. I seriously doubt that there is no guy who is not attracted to you. You just have to keep looking, and don't try to change yourself. If it feels comfortable, or fun, then by all means. But if you are doing it just to get dates, it definitely isn't worth it.