1. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon of the Ioa Region: Pokemon Alchemy edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jjeinn-tae View Post
    I feel sorry for the people who live in Ioa. Sounds like their world is collapsing.

But lets see, beyond electric porcupine and the alloys, what can I think of...

You need more single-types I think... 'Tis the problem with making your own, everyone likes to make a dual-type. Is there a pure ghost yet? A Poltergeist could be interesting, receiving some psychic attacks in addition to the standard ghost fare... Ok that kind of is standard ghost fare, but you know what I mean.

Ooh, no single-type poison yet... there's snakes... hmm what kind of poison type wouldn't be cliche... A smog cloud would probably be ghost type as well... Platypus would be water type probably... Hmm, what about a ferret that secretes a poisonous substance into its fur? Wouldn't be surprised if that's done already... I shall think on this.
    Well, remember: While they do have the 4 Evil Spirits and the 5 Horrors, there are also 5 Good Spirits and 5 Elephants. And you, as the Player (who for a name i'm thinking should be Aqua) will have the chance to possibly redeem the Dark Spirit (who for a name, I'm thinking Yamuerta). Don't feel bad for them. Just realize that you, as either Aqua or (for the girl, I think Reggie. It's punny.) will help the Ioa region deal with both the pervading darkness (which is behind Team Tomorrow, Team Eclipse and Team Lightning) and the darkness that already dwells in man's heart (Team Ragnarok).

I think we need a pure Poison, a pure Fire (one gains Dark the other Ground ATM). We need more Normals. And I got a Grass type in the making. Electric Porcupine will be mixed in (though I think it should evolve into the Steel, and start as pure Electric). As for Toxic Ferret... Wait... Minxous! That's a good name for a poison ferret!

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I'm still really pulling for an Ice/Fire type pokemon. Blizzard and Fire Blast, Scald, and then some type of Dry Ice attack that institutes a freeze and a burn on the pokemon, or perhaps just an either/or. Perhaps it can come from that science division you have mentioned before. Maybe a third Eevee evolution they got when they forced an Eevee to evolve into a Flareon while they were situated in a frozen tundra area(like Snow rock from Diamond/Pearl/Platnium). Someone else already gave what it's weakness/strengths would be on page 2, and they do sound pretty good, including a 4x Weakness to something, which certainly makes up for it losing it's vulnerability to fire and being able to do Fire and ice attacks.
    Don't expect Dry Ice. I'm not the best programmer. Scald's also out, sadly, as I'm working off Gen III. Blizzard, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, all easily accessable. But I need a theme. Hm... And no Eevees in this game, as well as no Dittos. I want us to have some unique Mons here. Instead of Eevee, you have Alloi and Yuryu.

But I will figure out... something. Eventually. Darn it... I gotta figure this one out...

Quote Originally Posted by Gourtox View Post
    For the poison pokemon all I can think of is a mushroom man, a pokemon made of poisonous Goo, or a spine covered ball like a sea urchin on land.
    I like the urchin. I like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal word View Post
    *snip*(
    Electric guy: Possibly. Sounds like a Will O' The Wisp. Might be related to the Ghost Horror from the physical description.

Ground/Poison: We already have one of thems... but I can see a pure Poison that learns Dig being interesting. Make it a fusion of a Zerg and a Bullet Ant maybe?

Psychic/Steel: Sounds a little too similar to Genesect thematically... and they've done aliens a lot already (Deoxys and Clefairy spring to mind). But I'll consider it.

Speedy Bug: Maybe... A mantis theme I can get behind.

Pure Dark Mind Controllery Guy: Oooh... dark and sinister. It sounds like it'd be related to the Dark Spirit somehow, as that's kind of their schtick.

As for the snorlax thing: Maybe... maybe. I was thinking Bugrand should be that myself.
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2011-06-17 at 07:05 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.