Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
"Strong? It's plain grape juice, not wine..." Hasunaga commented in surprise.

"Like many other fruit juices, humans often consume this when they feel thirsty, particularly on hot summer days. With grape juice, sometimes the beverage is allowed to age in a wooden cask so that it ferments and takes on a different set of qualities, one of which is the ability to intoxicate themselves; in this case, it's called wine. It's not poison; it clears them of inhibitions, although consumed in unreasonable quantities, it upsets the stomach and may induce unconsciousness. Yours is just plain grape juice, however. For a number of reasons, I did not think wise to have you taste an alcoholic beverage, especially not now."

Given what she asked, Hasunaga surmised she might not be aware of what an alcoholic beverage is. Hence the explanation.
Carmelia shook her head once. "I wasn't neccessarily referring to it like that. I mean the flavor. It's much more potent than I would have expected."

"Still, I agree with you that drinking a substance like that in my situation would be rather undignified, wouldn't it?"
At that moment, she gently sets the glass down.