1. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (Base Class) The Power of the Mind [P.E.A.C.H.]

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    I'm not that familiar with psionics, but it definitely looks more interesting than the normal psionic classes. I've always found it irritating when a class granted nothing but spells/powers, but didn't have actual class features and I think this remedies that.
    Yeah, that is another reason why I made the classes. Casters in general, unless they actually end up getting class features, like the Dread Necromancer, just have so many dead levels, it makes no sense from a design perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    The only feature I'm not sure about is inner conflict. It seems a bit weird. Why does the forceful release of energy only strike one target? I think fluff-wise it might be better as a burst (though you might want to lower damage to balance it back out if you do that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    If you made inner conflict a burst though that would be tremendously worse. It would force the psion to go into melee to use this ability. Maybe a choice between one or the other would be good but don't force the caster into melee.
    Basically this. The Psionicist also would then have to deal with Friendly Fire, which is just not a good thing to have at all.

In this homebrew would there be other psions wizards or clerics? Druids?
    The setting itself? No. If others would want to use it, it is quite possible they could use it along side other Psions, Wizards, Clerics or Druids. Of course, they don't have nearly the capability of those classes, but they were designed that way.

For tier level I would put it at tier 3 ish. The lack of higher level powers is not as troubling for psionics since they can just augment their powers anyway, they still get temporal acceleration etc (I haven't checked your power lists yet so they actually might not >.>)
    Okay, that is what I was planning for. I think one of the power's list gets Temporal Acceleration. Yeah, Clairsentience gets it. Is it a problem power? If so, I will gladly remove it.

Just some notes
    Psychokinesis' greater conflict sucks pretty badly. Especially since the one directly below it deals more damage than it (even 1 con damage will probably deal more damage than the psion's int modifier)
    I had it dealing twice the Psionicist's manifesting ability score modifier (which is chosen by the Psionicist at first level, in case you had that mixed up. It doesn't have to be Intelligence) originally. Would that make it better?

Also for Psychokinesis their 1st level discipline focus seems a bit weird. Their power for deflecting attacks gives them a bonus to attack rolls? Huh? May be a typo.
    Typo. It should be granting them a bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.

Looks like an interesting class.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-08-16 at 09:38 PM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.