1. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground XXIII

Before I begin judging, allow me to say this:

Wow.

No, really. You guys really stood up to the plate and took a good swing at this one. I don't see ANY builds which are BAD (a couple with some mechanical issues, perhaps, but not bad).

You've brought me a veritable smorgasbord of culinary delights, and I shall take my time savoring every individual flavor.

No matter who wins the competition, everyone who submitted a build deserves should know that their creation was certainly worthy of the contest, and acquitted themselves honorably.

And here I thought I was going to be a jerkface judge this time 'round, with comments like 'Wrong! Please don't try to do it again, you'll only embarrass yourself and sicken myself'. Instead I find myself struggling to not shed at tear at the sheer craftsmanship involved in these builds.

You may still end up with 'Morbo say it not work that way!', but please know that I use this with tongue-in-cheek. Even a master can improve, it is simply that the improvements become more subtle. If I offer suggestions or constructive criticism, it is primarily to help you achieve even higher pinnacles of perfection in following competitions. It's tough to get better when you are on this level of excellence... but I shall do my humble best to help you improve.

I'll also say that I think that the Creative scores this round are going to be much higher than average. All of these builds are unique (Barring Shadowcraft Gnome CharOp build copypaste), and leverage abilities in ways that I never thought of going. Using such sub-par classes as Arcane Archer and Truenamer... effectively!
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2011-08-18 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora