Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
Tragic has me wrong, I hate Romeo and Juliet. (My hatred only growing larger as I have been forced into giving a monologue from the accursed play.) I have yet to see Macbeth, so I can't really comment on it specifically, but I do greatly enjoy the couplets and a Midsummer Nights Dream.

Though, Cyrano de Bergerac is much better then any Shakespearian work I've ever been introduced too.
Don't worry, many people I know hate Romeo and Juliet. Myself included. For many, many reasons. And as for it being a 'romance', personally I'd call it a romantic tragedy, a tragic romance or perhaps a tragicomic romance.
Macbeth really is one of the best plays in the Shakespearian canon though. I know that the general rule of thumb is the tragedies are the best (something I personally disagree with), but Macbeth and King Lear are straight out some of the best things I've read period. And there's a Russian adaptation of King Lear that is simply marvellous. As for Macbeth I'd recommend reading it and Wyrd Sister by Terry Pratchett, but I've not really seen a proper production of Macbeth I can recommend as they've all been amateur dramatic productions.
It really is fantastic though, the tension never drops except for the scene with the Porter, and I truly think Lady Macbeth to be flat out one of the best characters Shakespeare has ever written.
But if you liked Midsummer I'd recommend checking out The Tempest. Not only is it the last 'official' play he wrote, but it's very much in the same magical vein of Midsummer. And if you don't mind a bit of recursive crossdressing (remember: in Elizabethan theatre female roles were played by adolescent boys) I'd also suggest Twelfth Night (I find the subplot the best part of it myself), and The Taming of the Shrew (no crossdressing).
If you find yourself liking Shakespeare better as a poet than a dramatist, try reading The Phoenix and the Turtle or the Rape of Lucrece. Warning: the latter may contain rape.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
How old are you? And how tall? I haven't reached five feet yet <grumblesincoherently>
'Twenty' and five foot two. Ish.

ION:
Got to get ready for a dinner date soon. So much work to do. Especially as I spent much of my Shakespearian comedy class drawing MLP:FiM related things on my hand.
And arm.
Almost to the elbow.
I was really bored during some of the presentations.