Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
Clockwork RP:

Spoiler
Show
"Compels me to do what?" Igneous asked, looking up from the cube he was now fiddling with. He'd begun with a couple of twists to break up the completed puzzle that Sek had done. Not too many though, he'd never been too good at these things.

Unfortunately, backtracking his actions was proving to be a problem and each turn he made was making the formerly uniform sides turn into a riot of colours once more.

OOC: If it does hatch, it should probably be RP'd by whoever it "imprints" on. That probably means whichever pony it sees first. I don't have any preference as to who that is though (happy to do it if you want, happy to let someone else do it). I do find the image of Charger or Iggy having to care for it to be somewhat entertaining though.

However (Spoiled as it pertains to Iggy's thought processes)

Spoiler
Show
If it hatches though, Igneous is going to be very surprised, as he was deliberately not trying to hatch it. He had two goals when he knocked the thing over, the first was to see whather Tinker, like any good crazy scientist, could identify the object from the sound it made. That gave him some faith in her abilities. The second (which only came into it retroactively once Thanqol identified it as a dragon egg) was to try to find out what a potentially restricted magical item was doing in the shop, and to see if it was there for suspicious reasons.

*Blastech passes the following note to the DM*:
Spoiler
Show
Igneous has placed a magical tracer on it, and will likely send a message to the next guard he sees to find out who last inhabited the store.

Accidents happen though, maybe Tinker's work on it made it more susceptible to hatching via the shock buzzer discharge. So don't let the above stop you from hatching it if you want to.
Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Clockwork:
Spoiler
Show
As the sun crest is shoved in his face, Sek pulls his head back to avoid a collision with Tinker's hoof. Glancing over at Iggy and Charger, the pegasus wonders aloud, "So Charger, is this a Canterlot thing, or a Tinker thing?"
Spoiler
Show
"Tinker thing." Charger said.

"Right. No reaction? No feeling the power of Celestia? No desire to cross over into the afterlife?" Tinker tossed the amulet over her shoulder. "Okay, that rules out possession or haunting. That means the next test is..."

"Tinker," said Charger, reading the book she was referencing sideways, "You can skip the test for vampirism."

"But what if -"

"Take my word for it."

"Fine. Golemism then!" Tinker said, "Do parts of your body remain active and alive after they've been separated from your body?"

OOC thoughts:

Spoiler
Show
Igneous is way more cunning than I thought! I do like the idea of Charger having to deal with it, though, but I'm a touch concerned about character bloat. Having more than two characters in the same room gets annoying to deal with, so others are going to have to 'DM'.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
Well, I guess I know my next project after Titanium and I finish up Rarity's Night.

Spoiler
Show
Rewriting Reaching Midnight, now that I know her proper persona! The later ones are fine, because it's decades later, and things have changed dramatically, but both my fanon and the official canon have progressed enough that I'd love to go back and rewrite Reaching knowing what I know now, and with the skills that I now possess.
Spoiler
Show
“I can barely believe that we did that.” Trixie let out a soft, embarrassed groan, as she remembered their actions of the previous night. She looked at Twilight, slowly trying to extract herself from the cuddling, slumbering Luna.
“She just looked so lonely at that point. It sort of reminded me of you, Trixie, when you came back to Ponyville.” Twilight said, laughing softly. “Besides...it wasn't bad, was it?” Trixie paused for a moment, thinking, and then shook her head, a smile spreading across her face.
“No, it really wasn't..” Trixie shifted slightly, and winced, as the Princess cuddled against her moved just enough to start to wake her. Princess Luna let out a soft groan, her body beginning to move. Her head raised slightly, her eyes blearily looking out into the bright room.
“WHO DARES TO WAKE THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT FROM HER HARD-EARNED SLUMBER?” She let out a gasp, as the Princess realized where she was, who she was with, and what they had done. “OH OUR GOSH, OH OUR GOSH, OH OUR GOSH”
“Rainbow Dash did that when she met the Wonderbolts for the first time.” Twilight pointed out, clearly amused. Trixie grinned at her flushed teacher.
“Was that enough of a report for you, my beloved teacher?” The blue unicorn said teasingly, nuzzling at her. Luna let out a happy whimper, and nodded fiercely. Trixie grinned with pride, finally having an advantage over the mischievous Princess of the Moon.
“WE WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND OUR THANKS TO YOU BOTH” A brilliant smile spread across her face, and the tired Luna quivered with delight as Twilight joined in, rubbing at the other side of her face. “WHILE A REPEAT OF THIS INCIDENT WOULD BE UNLIKELY, WE WERE DESIROUS OF EXPERIENCING IT IN IT'S SINGULARITY”

I want to do this for every single Luna fanfiction ever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
You know, wherever I went on the internet, I always tried to be the pleasant guy. The "hey, that's pretty cool" guy.

And now I'm here and everyone's already like that.

I'm suffering a crises of identity, guys.
You need to pick some minor aspect of your personality and expand it out beyond all reasonable proportion!