Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Still going strong, but that's likely because of other things keeping my mind offa ponies.

RL Nonsense (Or: Why Amish has been equally as scarce despite being finally able to read all the posts)
Spoiler
Show
So the past month (holy cow, it's been that long?) or so's been one crazy batch of nonsense after another. Over my term break, my computer died, and while the new one is nice and shiny, it was my first laptop and I was a little upset. But no biggie, all is well.

I got back to school, and immediately one of our clubs has our massive, school-wide Halloween party. And we're short on volunteers. So I offer up nearly every chunk of spare time I have, which equates to spending all my time either in class, at meetings, monitoring the ticket-table, or catching up on work I put off to do all of the above. The actual day of the event, all my time is eaten up by setup, staffing, and tearing down afterwards. Once again, no biggie, all part of the job.

The next day is spent doing work so I can go to Canada. Which was awesome. Canada, that is, not the work. Except for the unintentional side-effect of not being able to catch up on all the sleep I'd been missing. Still no biggie?

Then I get back and our house has been robbed. Again. I won't muddy the thread with details, and instead ask you all to imagine a 50-page essay that entirely consists of "Bureaucracies are dumb." written over and over again. A lot of blame-shifting, claims about liabilities, and other nonsense that so far seems to be boiling down to the university saying "Not our fault, enjoy financial loss." Fortunately, the campus police are equally as outraged as we are, so stuff is hypothetically getting done. All the same, a nasty case of mood whiplash. Biggie.

And now this week, my project group is getting bogged down in a rut I no longer have the energy or time to pull us out of, productivity across the board is tanking, and last night I had to stay up past 4 finishing a programming assignment I'm still not entirely satisfied with. I don't have the time to get everything done I need/want to do get done, and I'm running out of late-nights I can pull without getting myself sick.

Phew. Sorry for rambling on like that, but if nothing else, it feels better to type it all out.

tldr:
Spoiler
Show
Life has been relentless recently, and I'm getting kind of burnt out.

I was hoping that all this would mean my mind would be defenseless and slip-uppable, but that obviously hasn't been the case. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in my subconscious. I was really hoping it'd put up in interesting fight instead of going "meh whatever".

@Beeskee: Before I cast my vote in such a monumental election, I believe I need to hear more on the candidate's positions on the important issues. None of this loaded-question "Who is Best Pony" nonsense we see in the media all the time. In a time like this, we need real, hard facts.

So, Beeskee, what is your stance on muffins?
Somepony needs a hug. *Hugs*