1. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: shattered spear school, (TOB discpline, 3.5)

I was planing on makeing sundering a major part of the disipline, so two handed seemed the way to go... but I see your point. going to go with one handed weapons, as a lot of the idea is to disarm your foe.

thinking... flail, longsword, scimitar, kukuri and short sword.

also, is the first stance to good? most foes you get a +1 at best, but against say a giant with a spear or a dragon...

also, I should probably specify "foe with reach greater then you" for a few of the maneuvers.

and yes, I should require a free hand to grab the hilt.

I was trying to make most of the low level maneuvers very focused on normal foes with reach, and at higher levels start adding in larger foe maneuvers at higher levels. then, at low levels a warblade with some of the maneuvers(this is so niche, I really would recommend against specializing in this in anything but a dragon hunting game.) could use them against the orc with spear they fight, and at higher levels they start being less neich as large and larger foes start to become more common. then at epic, they get to just dominate the collosal+ dragons they meet.

also, do you think this is to niche? it only works against a small subset of foes, and I tried to balance that by making it awesome against those foes.

edit:fixed the mistake. a discpline I read a wile ago was called broken sword, I guess it leaked through.

thinking of making most of the maneuvers work against both...

edit2: fixed the wording, now it mostly would ably to anything bigger than you as well as against pole-arms.
    Last edited by bobthe6th; 2011-11-21 at 11:22 PM.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender