Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dog View Post
I am sorry if someone already posted this one but => I loath Ur-Priest Pre-reqs... The way I read it => you need 32 skill points spent across 5 class skills, Iron Will & SpellFocus[Evil] & base +3 Fort/Will

I know a surefire way to kick ass with it [Savage bard=>Ur=>Theurge], but...

One of my players loved an Ur-Priest Concept. But since he was new, I didn't want to hand him virtually the single most powerful character in current party and tell him to go to town... So I was trying to find a balanced Ur-Priest entry...

Since being a fallen cleric is terribly crippling beyond reason, and Dual Bard-Cleric is Terrifying, finding middle ground lead me to THIS permutation=>

Marshal 5/Ur-Priest 5 ... as a *Drum roll* Jaebrin(p.92 in MMV)... They get a Spell Craft as class skill and other stuff. It took me 4 hours at least to make this combo... Result was actually surprisingly in exact middle of a power curve
Other way included same but Human with Skill Knowledge for the blasted Spell Craft, a Monk/warlock(or Able Factotum) permutation, Dusk Blade & i forget but some kind of outsider... End rant. ^^
I like entering as a human monk2/swashbuckler3. you have almost all the salient skills and keeper of the forbidden lore takes care of the rest. monk gives your wis to AC from now on (and stunning fist if anyone gets too close) swashbuckler lets you dump str for those early levels where you're a mere mortal and makes it easier for you to land a hit on someone with your mitts, and it frees up more points for int so you can enjoy insightful strike making your punches hurt more (natural weapons = light weapons) and give you plenty of skill points to fulfill the ridiculous prereqs for UP. when you're done, it'll look something like:
monk2/swash3/ur-priest10/hierophant5
season to taste, serve with wine, though it's one of the least cheesy uses of ur-priest (it even finishes the class)