Quote Originally Posted by Laser Frog View Post
I really hate how sucky my internet access is right now. It's even more frustrating that it could easily be fixed if my landlord would even acknowledge that I exist. He claimed (on a rare occasion where he actually *GASP called me back!) that the internet provider fixed it a few weeks ago, but nothing changed after that. I'm paying for this free internet, conflabbit!

And to top it off, I'm having a crisis.
Spoiler
Show
Due to getting an incredible job that I'm not passing up, I'll be moving in May to someplace significantly far away; so far that it won't be just a simple matter to hop in the car and drive back home if I miss everyone. This means that I'll be moving away from everyone in my current city that I've gotten to know and love, including my best friends, immediate family, and other kith and kin who aren't jerks. All the wonderful and supportive people in my life that I've met face-to-face? They'll be hours and hours away.

Also, because of this move, I broke up with my boyfriend. He couldn't move there with me, and neither one of us is too keen on the idea of a long-distance relationship. It seemed like the breakup was amicable, but now he seems to be avoiding me - probably because the breakup is bothering him more than he lets on. Given that he was one of few people who understood my quirks even before we started dating, the idea of losing him as a friend bothers me greatly. I've weighed the pros and cons of getting back together with him, but I'm beginning to think it's out of my control anyway.

I feel like I should be able to adapt to this situation easier, but this is pretty much going to be the biggest change of my adult life. I may be moving to a city I've always thought was awesome, but it's not the city where I grew up, went to school, had meaningful experiences, etc. I'm going to be alone and single in the big, cold city where I won't know anyone at first, and given my habit of not really warming up to people that well, I probably won't feel comfortable around anybody I meet for quite some time. I feel like I should expect the worse, emotion-wise. Not pretty. I also have a really tough time keeping in touch with people I already know once they've moved away, so there's that hurdle to deal with too.

*sigh*

Spoilered just cuz I wrote much more than I thought I would. I need a hug.
*Internet hug* Unfortunately this is the best I can do

I'm sure your boyfriend will come to his senses after he's worked through his emotions and just remember new places mean new opportunities and I'm sure you will meet new and awesome people at your new place.