View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

1. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    @Triscuitable: That made me think, perhaps some of the people who say that are actually LGBTA+, but trying to avoid stigma among their friends? Just my random hypothesising, though. ^_^'
    Probably but if it is as he states more then half the population I doubt that all of them are. I wouldn't be surprised if 20% or 25% of a population were some sort of LBGTA+ but half or more being solely lesbian or bi is to much.

According to the statistics in Iceland around 15% of the population is gay or bi (around 10% gay and 5% bi) and I think I've heard similar numbers from other countries so factor in other LGBTA+ and closeted people and yeah you might reach 20-25%.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post

On the subject of Natalie's post on cis not being a slur, I'm completely amazed and fascinated by the things people come out with. I mean, it's SO obvious that "cis" is the opposite of "trans", all you would have to do if you hadn't come across it in science or Latin or whatever would be to ask and/or google. (Okay, the first thing you get when you google is something about the "Commonwealth of Independent States" in the US but whatever, it's pretty obvious that's not it.) It's just ridiculous!
    But the CIS is in league with the emperor! Clearly they are evil!
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-12 at 01:24 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled