Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon View Post
I wasn't going to cover this originally. It falls between Classic and New Who and I wouldn't class it as a "recommendation" as such, but to be complete, I give you;

TV Movie (1996)
Eighth Doctor/Grace
I'm glad you did cover it, even if only briefly. If nothing else it'll give you a true feel of having completely reviewed all the telly Doctor Who things that aren't specials (you doing that Doctor Who/Eastenders crossover too? I dare you.)
By the by.
On that note, I feel like as the two main 'reviewers' of Doctor Who on this thread we should do some sort of mandatory crossover/collaboration. And well, 'Rose' is next.
And Heaven knows I've been looking for a reason to talk about her properly.
What think you?

Should be fairly easy to do if we stream it and chat at the same time perhaps? Then we can simply copy-paste the chat into a review and expand upon it?

Also, I know I don't say this enough, but I do enjoy your overviews of the bests of the series. Given me some ideas for what to buy/watch (you should see my list) as well as highlighting some thematic/interaction points for various Doctors, Companions and so on.
Ever thought about doing a Worsts of list? Because I can promise you that I would watch/review some of them. Unless they were just excruciatingly dull or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon View Post
Some elements that worried people at the time, such as kissing the companion and motorbike stunt, don’t seem so bad in context with other adventures. I mean, compared to the Casanova Doctor (Ten), the kissing seems tame (actually, the Second Doctor is the first one to kiss a companion. Sorry Curly, not Jamie, but an avuncular kiss on the head for Zoe). As for the motorbike, Seven’s last episode sees him playing chicken with motorbikes and Three is a complete petrolhead.
I am deadly disappointed.
Still, at least it wasn't ship teasing Doctor!Two/Zoe. I think I would have an epic conniption if that were so.

Things About Reviews and Things:
Exams in two weeks. Have been busy revising - or attempting to revise - since whenever. So my humblest apologies for not updating for a few weeks.

But:
I am bored and most importantly,
Looking at my small(ish) stack of books to read for revision purposes is annoying me and I want to be distracted and I know that 'part 5' exists in semi-complete form.
Also my friend had to cancel seeing Avengers Assemble due to illness so my geekery/nerdy/slashy levels need to be refilled to avoid the Oncoming Drought.
(Actually the last point is what's most important. I'm avoiding That-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named like the plague)

Ergo:
review up tonight.

Seriously you guys, all I brought up with me to uni for entertainment purposes is Doctor Who, Star Trek:TOS and Sherlock. I'm thinking of you.
And the fact I have a month post That-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named to wastefill, means there should (hopefully) be much rejoicing.