Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
OK, firstly, and most importantly as it pertains to the main meetup, a heads-up for people planning to be arriving on Friday 6th July: I will be participating in a G&S sing-along in the evening, to help raise money for Dauntless Theatre's Buxton Iolanthe. If people are arriving after I have to be at that, of course we can arrange for other people can meet them, but it'd be nicer if people could arrive earlier and come to the sing-along. Support my theatre addiction! Please?
And the time would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
And, about a week before that I'll be celebrating my birthday and I'll probably invite some of you to the party. Obviously, given distances and possible uni exams, I don't necessarily expect you to turn up, and certainlyI realise it's a bit much to expect you to come up for my birthday and then again a week later to see the show, but since it's my birthday party, I'll invite the people I'd like to be there, regardless of it being unreasonable to expect them to turn up. Just so you know, so you don't have to feel bad about declining.
(Also, of those two events, the show has the greater mini-meetup potential, as it's an open invitation to all Playgrounders who can make it)
Or you could do what me, Archie and Mercenary Pen did and move your birthday to the meetup.
You'll turn [insert age] a week later than normal, but on the plus side, Playgrounder birthday parties are very fun.