Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
RE: today's comic
So, Luna was behind the bug guy, I guess? That's how she shot him, from behind, with a mighty Firebeam spell. So, I guess it's possible that they didn't turn their backs on him, he just kind of walked harmlessly past them, with his hand beams radiating in all directions somehow failing to affect them in any sense.
I think it might help setup if he had something like a D&D table, so he could keep track of where everyone is in relation to each other, and see things like "Oh, for these guys to be here, they need to have passed this guy, here, and if he did not attack them in transit that is ridiculous."
No, you fool! It is obvious that what actually happened was luna charged up a MEGA firebeam spam, and fired it around the world so it could hit mantis mage in the back. Think about it, would luna REALLY need time to be "chargin her lazerz" just to launch a fireball? Of course not! But, this super blast attack was SO powerful, that if it had hit anything without the chance to attenuate and lose some energy first, it could have destroyed the WORLD! Thank god the deegan world is a 99% flat plain with no features so the beam didnt go through anything on its flight path.