1. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Beasts, the Thieves, and the Wardrobe

Devlin Loretower

As the sun begins to set, the odd sigils orbiting Devlin's bald head begin to seem brighter. He bends his head slightly to better illuminate the map in his hands. He studies it with a series of strange hand gestures--measuring with a fingerbreadth. "Hindsight certainly does provide clarity," he mumbles. "I thought for certain that I had calculated the distance accurately, but perhaps it was the topography that caused our average speed to decrease. If only I could remember the formula to.."

The man's words trail off, as he is clearly lost in thought. It wasn't often that Devlin was wrong about anything, but since he had begun traveling with the immensely intelligent Cedric, these instances had increased exponentially. Next to him, Devlin felt like little more than an ignorant boy who had been expelled from the bardic college. "Ugh," he says as he looks up at the house. "Lacking stain or even primer...whatever carpenter they hired wanted the job done quick. Still, it's structurally sound, and what more can you really ask for in a house?" He folds up the map and stows it in his pack, moving closer to the house than any of the others. He wraps gently on the door, hoping to rouse anyone within.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Geography - (1d20+7)[20] to determine where we are along the way
    Knowledge Architecture - (1d20+7)[21] to determine if the house truly is structurally sound
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-06-25 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC