Quote Originally Posted by Wonton View Post
So has anyone figured out what the point of the Leaping Shot Deed is? Depending on how it's worded it's either:

b) Shot on the Run with one less prerequisite which allows you to fire each gun once, but costs Grit and lands you prone.

I guess the latter is useful if you actually use two guns, but given the shenanigans that requires, I think most people just stick with 1 gun.
As far as written use goes, B is correct (some debate on whether is it ONLY good for 2 guns, or if there is no limit if you can just get some extra arms...).

Leaping Shot requires 1 less feat, although you'll probably take that feat sooner or later anyway.

Leaping Shot also gives +2 on Acrobatics checks.

Leaping Shot is SO MUCH COOLER!!!!111!!! Than Shot on the Run. Just read the flavor description!!!!11!!!
You leap through the air, guns blazing.
SO AWESOMENESS!!!!1!!one!!!

Being Prone has no accuracy penalty for Firearm attacks you make, and gives you +4AC vs. ranged attacks.

*spoilered for space*
I'm Prone, now what?
Spoiler
Show
A 2 level dip in Rogue can get you either the Rogue Crawl talent and/or the Stand Up talent. The first lets you move while Prone (Leaping Shot while Prone the WHOLE TIME!), the second lets you stand up from Prone as a Free Action NOT provoking AoO's.

The Fast Crawl feat is the same as the Rogue Crawl Talent.

For a 1 level dip in either Fighter or Monk you can grab the Monkey Style feat which removes the Melee penalties for being prone.
And lets you move/stand up without provoking AoO's. It also opens access to the Monkey Moves feat, which is basically the Fast Crawl feat again.

Leaping Shot also has much more hilarity potential than Shot on the Run does.
Take 2 levels of Rogue for the Stand Up talent (stand up as a Free action, no AoOs), and you can Leaping Shot. Then next turn, stand up and Leaping Shot again. Repeat.
Congrats! You are now belly-flopping across the battlefield!