Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
Care to tell us which ones?
They still don't have permission from Kraft, which means BC and Logisitics Pipes specifically. Also TC2 front page explicitly denies permission from anyone he hasn't explicitly given permission to.

Accept they now actually have permissions for the mods they distribute. So by claiming they don't your spreading misinformation.
Except... they still don't.

Originally the technic pack didn't have permissions because it was a mod pack that was created to be shared among some friends on the SA forums. However the yogscast covered it and became very popular, and the mod authors found out about it. Some of them had thought it was good idea, for example Eloraam (redpower, forge) others though didn't like it. Alblakas (IC) for example though they were basically stealing from him and taking credit for his mod. However he talked to the technic team, realized that they were not claiming ownership of the mods, and also that he had an increased number of donations because of the technic pack gave his permissions. Sengir (forestry) on the other had griefed anyone who had the technic launcher regardless how you got his mod.
Sir Sengir was upset that they were still distributing his mod without his permission, so he made his mod non-compatible with Technic. It did not 'grief' anyone, nor did it 'crash a world', as some people claim. All it did was prevent it from working as long as Forestry was run in the Technic Pack.

As far as taking legal action... effectively impossible. Several mod authors are pretty pissed about it (check out DireWolf20's LP Server, which has several mod authors in it talking show for evidence of this), but since there's really not a whole lot that CAN be done, due to the tremendous expense in terms of both time and money that would be required, the best thing the mod authors who don't want their mod in the technic pack to do is to do just what SirSengir did.

I know that if I ever made a mod, I'd wave it at DireWolf20 and ask him to make a mod spotlight on it for getting the word out, rather than permit Technic to touch it. In fact, I'd probably ask SirSengir for the code he used to make his mod non-compatible and put it in.

Right now, though, I'm avoid the whole muddled mess that is modding in Minecraft until Forge settles everything down and releases an API for the finished version of FML which replaces ModLoader as it currently does for ModLoaderMP. And really, seeing the disrespect the coders get... I'm not sure if I want to devote so much of my spare time

Anyways, that's my last post on this topic. Believe it or not, I really don't care. I've said my peace.