Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Railcraft is Borked!

Cant make normal rail tracks ok, look into what is needed to make the ones needed by the mod... rolling machine and iron all good (Steel and its its blast furnace can wait till i have a stronger nether presence)

Wooded Railbeds... 1 Creosote oil and 3 slabs make one tie (you need four of the buggers to make a railbed)

I have 15 of the oil care of a stack of Coal i turned into coke because i could...

Whoever made that mod doesn't want you to go anywhere by rail very fast for a long time.

So i am wondering what would happen if i turned the mod off made a Ton of Regular rail (which i believe work fine) and turned it back on again (possibly repeating if i run out of rail again. The main concern is that i have built a Tunnel borer already and don't want to lose it.
Cresote oil is effectively free with time investment. You turn Coal into Coal Coke (twice the burn for no additional charge!) and get the oil for free as a byproduct. It actually comes out to less resources to do it via railcraft, considering you're making 16 at a time, rather than 8.

However, there's a simple solution:

If you'd prefer to use the vanilla recipe scheme, just open the railcraft.cfg file and set the tag "tweaks.rails.useOldRecipes" to true.