Quote Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Is this your first paradox strategy title? If so you'll have to put a bit of time in to learn how to play.

A good starter spot is any of the Ireland counties/duchies. You don't have any major powers right next to you (for a little bit) and can get used to fighting small wars. It's a nice way to ease into the game, and it lets you do fun stuff later on when you get your feet under you, such as taking over scotland and england to form the British Empire.

As for getting more money, the best way to do that is to keep your vassals liking you, a high relationship value results in them giving you more money (and more troops). Also, when you're small, try to directly control as many of your counties as possible rather than making Counts, this can be done from the plot screen using the revoke plot and is far more productive than killing your wife (except for some situations of course, killing wives can be very helpful at times).
Awesome, I think I'll give the ol' Ire Land a spin then. Should I bother with upgrading buildings at all, or focus on bribing people and mercs?