Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
No need to revoke it really. When your king of Ireland you'll want somebody to give the duchy of Leinster to. Its better to have some random guy as a vassal then a brother with a claim on your title.

You can own every county in Ireland in your personal demesne. But that requires you to get your son a stewardship education when really you want a diplomatic one. Its just too much hassle, you won't need the money after you've got 5 fully upgraded counties and if you're diplomacy is high enough you can get away with taxing feudal vassals anyway.
Well, the guy who owned Leinster revolted anyway. Then before I could win the war, he died, his son revolted and I kicked him out. Then it revolted for the third time with a new ruler who wants both of my duchies for himself.

On the plus side I've finally got a big enough domain to make more than a pittance in gold (+3.5 per turn, woo!) and once I fake a claim on another Duchy, I can create the Kingdom of Ireland, and hopefully kick the Scots out of it.