Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
Rule's lawyer, consider relaxing the only one winner rule in some way. Currently factions have little reason to actually work together.

Also, starting as a villager, you'll not have time to accumulate much of any score before the high attrition ends the game, even if you survive to gain a strong role.

I'd think that staking someone should result in a high point bonus for villagers. In fact, gaining more power should make your point gaining abilities depreciate significantly (made up for by the more numerous sources, ability attempts and survivability).
Yes, I need to work on the win conditions quite a bit. I introduced the point system because I was worried about how the game would play without it. What do you think about playing without the point system? Just end the game when only one side wins?
Is the rule that liches are destroyed instead of becoming ghosts enough to create and sustain a conflict between the living and the undead?

I haven't addressed the attrition issue. I would like to come up with a good balance between attrition and recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
I was assuming all living players would start as villagers.

But yeah, mage seems pretty ridiculous. And I'm not seeing a way for ghosts to come back as undead, which is counterintuitive. And Master Vampire seems to benefit the living more than the dead.
I haven't figured out yet what roles to give out at the beginning, but it would be nice if there were a variety of roles to start with. Right now, it looks like we definitely need to start with at least one vampire or there will be none in the game. I see what you mean about mage

As for ghosts... maybe I can find a way for them to be turned into wraiths... in which case normal ghosts should probably count as town and wraiths as undead. I realize we think of ghosts as being undead, but how to make this work? Maybe all ghosts should be undead? But if they can't kill anybody who is living, then they can't win once all the undead that can kill the living are gone... hmmmm, what to do?